Sign in to follow this  
BirdsCollector

Make Noise Tomorrow - We're the real 12th man

Mike Sielski's article is non-sense from a hack of a reporter just trying to make a name for himself.
The contention that our home field advantage is a disadvantage is a joke.

We're the real 12th man - We impact opposing offenses more than any other city - We're a passionate rabid fanbase who can will their team to victory.  We've impacted road games this year and we for sure will impact tomorrow's game.

Was Seattle's stadium a notably loud stadium before the Legion of Boom arrived - absolutely not - they are a front runner city, whose volume will fade as their aging Legion of Boom fades into obscurity.  We have always been loud and we will continue to be loud.

Make Noise tomorrow - I plan on having no voice Sunday morning, and I know I won't be alone.  When our defense is on the field, yell at the top of your lungs leading up to the snap.  If the guy next to you is getting a beer, bang on his seat while you're yelling.  We can bring another NFC Championship to the Linc.

Go Birds!  E A G L E S EAGLES

I hope our next stadium is made similar to Seahawks style, or at least that's also designed to be loud. In the end, Seattle, despite being a wonderful place to live, only has 600K people. Philadelphia is much bigger and with a sound amplifying stadium, it could be deafening, similar to the Vet.

3 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I hope our next stadium is made similar to Seahawks style, or at least that's also designed to be loud. In the end, Seattle, despite being a wonderful place to live, only has 600K people. Philadelphia is much bigger and with a sound amplifying stadium, it could be deafening, similar to the Vet.

Wasn’t Hawks caught pumping crowd noise out of the speakers?

I agree AmericanEagle.  Our open corner stadium isn't optimal for sound, but we are still loud.  We don't need archicterual design to create noise, but it would only make us louder.  They have closed some of the corners with extra seats too which helps.

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

False. Investigated and it's just the design.It's basically designed to reverberate sound, the metal overhang acts as a natural amplifier.

3 minutes ago, BirdsCollector said:

I agree AmericanEagle.  Our open corner stadium isn't optimal for sound, but we are still loud.  We don't need archicterual design to create noise, but it would only make us louder.  They have closed some of the corners with extra seats too which helps.

The overhang design of Seattle's would be nice for both weather to keep the fans into it, and for sound as well. Seattle's really is just an engineering masterpiece as far as sound goes. It's probably among the loudest you can get without a dome.

If it were me, I'd make a quad overhang stadium. So it had the same design strategy for all 4 corners. It would make the stadium deafening and provide nice protection for fans in the harsh environments so they could be even more comfortable cheering. I think it'd be worth it, especially in Philly.

Eagles players and coaches have specifically requested that fans be loud while the defense is out on the field. Eliminating or severely hampering the ability of the QB to be heard by his teammates provides a tactical advantage for the defensive line. That extra fraction of a second helps. It's part of the reason we average fewer points against at home. Our last three home games the defense has given up 3, 10, and 6 points,  and it's given up 10 points or less in 5 of the last 7 home games. So, please, please make noise when the Falcons have the ball!

1 hour ago, BirdsCollector said:

Our open corner stadium isn't optimal for sound, but we are still loud.

Actually, it hasn't been truly loud since they left the Vet. The home field advantage has been average.

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

Actually, it hasn't been truly loud since they left the Vet. The home field advantage has been average.

You beat me to it. When the Linc opened, there was a lot of buzz about how the acoustic design basically lowered the volume.  The Linc is just nothing special.  It could be any one of the dozen + stadiums that opened over the last ten to twelve years. 

39 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

You beat me to it. When the Linc opened, there was a lot of buzz about how the acoustic design basically lowered the volume.  The Linc is just nothing special.  It could be any one of the dozen + stadiums that opened over the last ten to twelve years. 

Actually a lot of the others built are a lot better at keeping noise in, particularly the domes.

Yell your balls out. Leave it all in the stands. Home field in the divisional round. It doesn't happen often, and next year is not a given. Save the boos for something else. Can't wait! (Wish I was going haha)

18 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Actually a lot of the others built are a lot better at keeping noise in, particularly the domes.

Agreed.  I was thinking of the open air stadiums - Cincy, New England, Pittsburgh, etc. 

32 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Agreed.  I was thinking of the open air stadiums - Cincy, New England, Pittsburgh, etc. 

Yeah. The Bowl Stadium era of stadium building was particularly uninspired. I mean don't get me wrong, the old concrete tower circular stadiums were too, but at least they held in noise well.

I was waiting for this post.  If there was ever a game to blow out your vocal chords this is it.  Our Birds are going to need every advantage they can get out there.

I will be there supporting the Eagles and yelling loud trying to prevent play calls, audibles and causing some penalties.

GO EAGLES!!

Eagle_smiley.jpg

Bring noisemakers like a cowbell. Last time I went to a game I had an air horn.  I’d like to get one of those horns like the one from the old age of empires game but idk if such a thing exists.

4 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Seattle, despite being a wonderful place to live

No its not man. Everyday I curse my detailer for stationing me in this expensive, rainy ,pot store on every corner liberal hellhole

I went to a Syracuse football game one time and literally every fan was was jingling their car keys in the dome.  Apparently, some scientist measured the acoustics for all types of sounds and found that it was hardest to hear on the field to the sounds of thousands of jingling keys.  Someone smarter than me needs to figure out what sound is the most deafening at the Linc and we need to broadcast it to fans....by 4pm today....Go. 

Having attended Eagles games at the Linc over the years the one thing I have noticed is that we are loud as F on third down but completely the opposite on first and second downs. I’d say the biggest difference aside from stadium design acoustics is that the louder places seem to bring it on all three downs. 

21 hours ago, BirdsCollector said:

Mike Sielski's article is non-sense from a hack of a reporter just trying to make a name for himself.
The contention that our home field advantage is a disadvantage is a joke.

We're the real 12th man - We impact opposing offenses more than any other city - We're a passionate rabid fanbase who can will their team to victory.  We've impacted road games this year and we for sure will impact tomorrow's game.

Was Seattle's stadium a notably loud stadium before the Legion of Boom arrived - absolutely not - they are a front runner city, whose volume will fade as their aging Legion of Boom fades into obscurity.  We have always been loud and we will continue to be loud.

Make Noise tomorrow - I plan on having no voice Sunday morning, and I know I won't be alone.  When our defense is on the field, yell at the top of your lungs leading up to the snap.  If the guy next to you is getting a beer, bang on his seat while you're yelling.  We can bring another NFC Championship to the Linc.

Go Birds!  E A G L E S EAGLES

Our fans do not do a good job at home games.  They are only loud on 3rd downs,  and wait till the team is already lined up to get the loudest. 

Need to be louder earlier and on more than just 3rd downs. 

The crowds were always very loud for playoff games I was at (except the 2002 Bucs).  Have any of you even been to a playoff game in Philly?  Majority of the ones I was at the people didn't even sit down the whole game.

No booing home team!!!

Be loud and cheer on a win.  If they struggle, at least let them know we appreciate the great season and bright future.  This team worked hard all year, and overcame a lot.  They were best team in NFL most of the way.  They deserve unflagging support.  

On 1/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, mike030270 said:

No but, the falcons were I believe