EagleJoe8

AFC Championship: Jaguars @ Patriots.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots.

Sunday, January 21st. 3:30PM.

CBS.

I think that game actually starts at 3:05 PM, with the Vikings/Eagles game starting just after 6:30 PM.

1 minute ago, CHIP72 said:

I think that game actually starts at 3:05 PM, with the Vikings/Eagles game starting just after 6:30 PM.

I believe you're right. Edited. Thanks!

As long as the bright lights don't get to the Jags, and they weather an early storm, they could be fine. This is by no means a slam dunk for NE.

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

Should be a good game. Not sure I'd say it's certain Pats win. Jags have a chance

I've liked the Jags as the AFC dark horse since October.  IMHo they match up even better v.s. NE than they did against Pitt.

7 straight AFCCG's for NE.  Jeeze oh man.  Crazy.  How many more years do we have to witness this crap??!! Damn Brady, retire soon, please. 

At least with the NFC, we get to see different teams play in the Bowl....GB, Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta, and this year either us or Minny.

C'mon Jags!

26 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

7 straight AFCCG's for NE.  Jeeze oh man.  Crazy.  How many more years do we have to witness this crap??!! Damn Brady, retire soon, please. 

At least with the NFC, we get to see different teams play in the Bowl....GB, Seattle, Carolina, Atlanta, and this year either us or Minny.

C'mon Jags!

When you play in a division with three other scrub teams your playoff ticket is basically punched every year, plus you get to pile up the wins and get homefield. 

Clearly rooting for the Jags and Vikings this week, but if the Birds and Pats win I promise I’ll be an Eagles fan for one week. I think the Jags, Vikes and Eagles all have the defensive personnel to beat them. We just need one to execute, Giants-style. B-)

Should be a fascinating game this one. I think at the Gillette stadium, NE will get it done by they will be pushed. And that should be great news for whoever advances in the NFC! Because for the first time in a long time the AFC side to represent at the Bowl will actually have been pushed hard in their championship game. 

On 1/16/2018 at 7:35 AM, jfluke said:

If the weather is poor, you'd think that would favor the Jags heavy run O, and good D.

Sunday forcast calls for partly cloudy with a high of 44 and a low of 32...10% chance of rain.

My gut says somebody is going to blow somebody out here.  The pats have about a 30-40% chance of getting completely pummeled IMHO.

I think it'll be close, but I've got the Jags in this one. Their defense can slow down the Patriots, and New England's defense blows at stopping the run. I knew they weren't good but was surprised at just how bad they are when I saw they allow 4.7 yards per carry. If Fournette is healthy, I think he'll run all over that defense. Hell even if he's limited or out, I like Ivory/Yeldon to do well against them. 

Patriots 20  Jags 24

uh oh, evidently Brady Fed up his hand during practice, but x-ray came back negative...

why do i get the distinct feeling that the Pats will downlplay this? 

On 1/17/2018 at 7:37 PM, birdman said:

uh oh, evidently Brady Fed up his hand during practice, but x-ray came back negative...

why do i get the distinct feeling that the Pats will downlplay this? 

The excuse is already set in motion if Pats lose and Brady plays like trash

I don't even care who wins. I'll take whoever gets there as long as we do. Both teams have their strengths but let's be honest... That Jags team for all its rightful praise on defense is very much flawed on offense. This is a team that finished 10-6! A team who didn't secure the AFC West against the Titans, Colts and Texans who lost their QB until week 16!

It looks like Tom Terrific's hand is just fine. He's got a little piece of duct tape on the back of it.

It sure looks like his left leg is twice the size of his right though. He's got something going on there...