Sign in to follow this  
FranklinFldEBUpper

Super Bowl Tickets Lottery

We've had season tickets for over fifty years, so we've been down this road before. We got tickets to Super Bowl XV against the Raiders and did not get them against the Patriots. We also did not win potential tickets any of the other year the lotteries were held.

I understand that there will be a lottery this year if the Eagles advance to the Super Bowl in February. My first question is, when would this take place?

Some years, they actually held the lottery prior to the NFC Championship game. This was true prior to the Bucs championship game. I believe it was also held the week before the Rams championship game. Other years -- like when we actually advanced by beating the Falcons -- the lottery didn't take place until AFTER the championship game.

My next question is, do we need to do anything special (like register somewhere, which is something we never had to do in the past) in anticipation of the lottery?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

For any lottery to be fair, I propose that not only season ticket holders be eligible. My proposal is that EMB members with more than 76,450 posts but fewer than 80,000 posts and ALSO have more than 17,000 likes but fewer than 17,500 likes, also be included in the lottery.

I think that's the ONLY way to be fair...

:rod:

Hey, Dave...thanks for not addressing my courteous question.

My father has had season tickets for well over fifty years. I've gone to at least 400 Eagles games in my life.

Just thought it might be nice to have some clarity regarding the plans the team would be making.

47 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Hey, Dave...thanks for not addressing my courteous question.

My father has had season tickets for well over fifty years. I've gone to at least 400 Eagles games in my life.

Just thought it might be nice to have some clarity regarding the plans the team would be making.

Give him a little time. I'm sure it's not something he has the answer to right off the top of his head.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Give him a little time. I'm sure it's not something he has the answer to right off the top of his head.

The thing is, I know he was active in the forum this morning and he didn't even bother to respond with a "Oh, interesting question, I'll look into it and get back to you."

That would have been nice at least.

22 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The thing is, I know he was active in the forum this morning and he didn't even bother to respond with a "Oh, interesting question, I'll look into it and get back to you."

That would have been nice at least.

And risk jinxing Sunday's game? :o 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

And risk jinxing Sunday's game? :o 

My concern is that the Eagles advance (that would be great, of course) and they have a lottery for tickets, but neglect to tell fifty year season ticket holders that they need to click some button on the website in order to be entered.

I would assume that all season ticket holders would be automatically entered, but I'd like some confirmation. And I'm pretty sure if I tried calling the ticket off this week to get some clarification, it would be nearly impossible to get through due to the heavy volume regarding the Vikings game.

Its been 24hrs. Chillax.  I am in the same boat..  Im sure Dave will respond when he has a solid answer. 

I Have had my hotel room ( no deposit and cancellable) since beginning of October... patience in the hotel field and you will not be able to get a place.

1 hour ago, Captain F said:

Anyone know how much the face value is on them? 

Super Bowl 2018 Ticket Prices Reportedly Range from $950 to $5,000

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754419-super-bowl-2018-ticket-prices-reportedly-range-from-950-to-5000

Ticket prices for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis could cost buyers anywhere from $950 to $5,000, according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. 

As Robinson wrote: "Those are the 'zero markup' prices, mind you. The secondary market could be much higher, potentially astronomical if the [Minnesota] Vikings beat the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC title game on Sunday. How high could they go? Multiply the face value of tickets by four, five or six times their printed price. Or more."

The markups for many of the seats in the stadium could be obscene, per Robinson. For instance, the Delta Sky360 Club seats—which usually end up with "super VIPs such as the biggest league sponsors, family of high-ranking executives and celebrities"—currently have a price tag of $5,000 for the Super Bowl, per Robinson.

Compare that to the $4,000 price tag those seats hold for season-ticket holders in that section, which includes 10 total games. For the Super Bowl, they're already being marked up to $17,500 per seat on StubHub.

The "nosebleed" seats that surround the upper rim of the stadium, meanwhile, will cost $950 a pop, according to Robinson. Compare that to the season-ticket package for 10 games that fans can buy for a total of $500 per seat.

On the secondary markets, price points could vary based on whether the Vikings reach the Super Bowl.

"Right now the Vikings are everything," a mid-level ticket broker told Robinson in early January. "Either you own tickets and are waiting for the Vikings to make it [into the Super Bowl] and drive up demand—or you don't own tickets but you [pre-sold packages] and you need the Vikings out of it so things bottom out and you fill orders cheaply."

Ticket brokers are not rooting for the New England Patriots to reach the Super Bowl, however.

"They've been there so many times and most NFL fans—if they're not Patriots fans—they hate the Patriots and they hate Tom Brady," a broker told Robinson. "So they're almost repelling as much as they're drawing people in."

Brokers may be rooting for a Vikings vs. Jacksonville Jaguars matchup. Neutral fans who hope to get tickets to see a Super Bowl may want a Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles matchup to keep prices lower, however.

3 hours ago, Captain F said:

Welp that settles it. If I win, I buy them and sell em. 

I would be interested :) I have an older grandfather-in-law that is on the verge of this being his last chance to ever witness a super bowl before he dies ( on dialysis, cancer, pneumonia , etc ) He wants to go to the bowl if they make it!

When I went to Super Bowl XV against the Raiders, the face value of the tickets was $50. Walking into the stadium prior to the game, the scalpers were selling them for $40. It was bizarre.

Amazing how things have changed.

Incidentally, I recall the face value for SB39 being roughly $600. But we didn't get those.

The NFL should (but never will), make the tickets (just for the Super Bowl) non-transferrable without consent from the league.

The league makes more than enough money that they could do everything within their power to ensure that the Super Bowl is for the fans and not for corporations and scalpers.

I'd love to go to a Super Bowl (any Super Bowl), but I'd never be able to justify the ticket prices that I'd have to pay, to myself. $17,500 for a ticket to a football game that you could watch on TV for free?

20 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The NFL should (but never will), make the tickets (just for the Super Bowl) non-transferrable without consent from the league.

The league makes more than enough money that they could do everything within their power to ensure that the Super Bowl is for the fans and not for corporations and scalpers.

I'd love to go to a Super Bowl (any Super Bowl), but I'd never be able to justify the ticket prices that I'd have to pay, to myself. $17,500 for a ticket to a football game that you could watch on TV for free?

The corporations are the ones the NFL gives the tickets to directly (sponsors). The NFL did try to curb scalping the raffled tickets from the general public where you had to show up to the stadium the day of the game to pick up your ticket.. but it was already after you entered the building, now leaving. I think that was started with the bowl in New York. This year they didn't sell any general public tickets instead they gave them to the teams to give away.

Got a call from the Eagles ticket office about buying tickets for a tailgate party with a few ex-eagles before the game, 

while I did not take them up on it.... I asked to talk to someone about the super bowl ticket plan this year and the fellow

that came to the phone said they will hold a lottery early next week (after we beat the Vik's) he thought they would have

about 2000 to go to season ticket holders. Each winner would be allowed to buy 2 tickets at face value

(he was not sure what that price would be)

I noticed Dave was active all over the place today and couldn't find the time to even comment here.

It was a valid question. I wanted to know if the Eagles were going to do anything different this time around -- y'know, like FORCING season ticket holders to somehow REGISTER for the lottery. Our family does not use the website's member page to do anything with our tickets. We do things the old fashioned way...mailing checks, etcetera. It would be a sin if people like that were excluded from the lottery, especially ones who have been buying tickets since the mid sixties.

It would have been nice to know that in advance. Sure, maybe they'll lose and it won't matter. But still...

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I noticed Dave was active all over the place today and couldn't find the time to even comment here.

It was a valid question. I wanted to know if the Eagles were going to do anything different this time around -- y'know, like FORCING season ticket holders to somehow REGISTER for the lottery. Our family does not use the website's member page to do anything with our tickets. We do things the old fashioned way...mailing checks, etcetera. It would be a sin if people like that were excluded from the lottery, especially ones who have been buying tickets since the mid sixties.

It would have been nice to know that in advance. Sure, maybe they'll lose and it won't matter. But still...

I suspect you'll get an answer after the game Sunday, if an answer is needed. Let's hope an answer is needed!

On 1/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

In 2005, when the Eagles last went, we checked online after getting back from the NFCCG and had a message that we won the chance to buy them.  I imagine it’d be the same thing.  Back then, they did say it sent the message out before the game, but they may have changed it to not until they win.  My dad, who the tickets are under, had to be the one to go down on a given day and pick up the tickets with ID.  Not sure if it’ll be the same due to advanced technology.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

We've had season tickets for over fifty years, so we've been down this road before. We got tickets to Super Bowl XV against the Raiders and did not get them against the Patriots. We also did not win potential tickets any of the other year the lotteries were held.

I understand that there will be a lottery this year if the Eagles advance to the Super Bowl in February. My first question is, when would this take place?

Some years, they actually held the lottery prior to the NFC Championship game. This was true prior to the Bucs championship game. I believe it was also held the week before the Rams championship game. Other years -- like when we actually advanced by beating the Falcons -- the lottery didn't take place until AFTER the championship game.

My next question is, do we need to do anything special (like register somewhere, which is something we never had to do in the past) in anticipation of the lottery?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Now's the time to keep bumping this for an answer.

WELL I just got this email from Eagles... Guess looking for plan B for tickets....lol

Your Season Ticket Account listed above was not selected in the Eagles Season Ticket Super Bowl Lottery.  

You can still join the Eagles in Minneapolis through our Travel Partner NFL On Location.

We thank you for your unwavering support of the Eagles over the years.  Your passion and loyalty helped guide the Eagles through this 2017 Season.  Either in Minneapolis or Philadelphia, your voice will be heard!

Fly Eagles Fly!

They already sent out my rejection letter at 11:24.. I know someone that won so.. there is that.