Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] The Making Of A Playing Surface At The Linc

They didn’t really mention getting in a practice at the Linc as part of the preparation of the field. It would be nice to get in one more practice there this week.

Fletcher Cox looked great Saturday.   I think the rest he took missing those voluntary workouts in May was key.   Some players just know their bodies so well.  Great planning ahead by #91.  

No Mas they did great rotating the Dline this year to keep him fresh. Fletcher Cox looks ready to roll. All around the defense looked sharp and rested. Big difference from the missed tackles that were starting to become an occurrence down the stretch. That two weeks of rest clearly was/is a factor.

BTW ... subtle difference between Doug and Andy.   Playoffs 2 years ago, Maclin gets injured on a play and gets off the field... Andy (with face buried in the chart) is forced to call a timeout because he wasn't prepared for that.  A big time out it turned out in that playoff loss.     

Doug... Wiz loses his shoe... Chance goes right in there without missing a beat and we throw a nice 7 yard pass, Wiz comes right back in.  The little things make a difference.  

I would agree with that. That pissed me off the most about AR...that he always got the play in late. I like the QB to have a moment at the line of scrimmage to survey the situation. That makes a huge difference vs coming to lineup with only 6 seconds on the clock.

Ham.. agreed.  Which was the plan all laong ... yet people acting like the sky was falling because the play was sloppy.   Football ... there is no 99% commitment.   You can fault the mindset, but clearly they were not 100% into the last 2 games.  They came off 3 road games where they clinched both the East then the bye week.  Spent the holiday with their family, first bad weather game, the opponent was irrelevent ... it happens.    

Now I do think they were rusty Saturday ... also they may have had the yips in the beginning.   Once they settled in, Foles was really good.  23-30, after a bad first half, must have been some nice #s 2nd half.  The D didn't give up a point.    

That first game scared me because of those 2 factors... rust and the big moment.   Exactly what I feared happened.   But again, this team is better physically than they get credit for.  They will without having to be mistake free or even sharp.   I'm guessing the mistakes go away now... or I hope anyway.  If that's the case, we should win next week.   Big V remains my biggest concern, as well as any fluke bad plays from our CBs.   and of course a ST blunder.  

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I would agree with that. That pissed me off the most about AR...that he always got the play in late. I like the QB to have a moment at the line of scrimmage to survey the situation. That makes a huge difference vs coming to lineup with only 6 seconds on the clock.

Ham... that's where Chip had it 50% right.... quick play call  ... but no need for quick snap.    I said it before we hired Doug... we need a guy who can take the best of Andy and the best of Chip .. .without making the mistakes and dumb stuff that a 7 year old would avoid and we will be ok.   They kept the fitness stuff, the quick play calling, the spread, a lot of the coaches  ... but then they went back to some of the good that Andy did too in game prep and the idea of the coach having his players backs.   

It's nice to not be able to predict a play with 90% accuracy all the time or watch the dumb stuff over and over.  Lately the challenges have been good too.  The timeout after Julio's catch and before their last play was great, almost got a reversal of the catch to boot.  Little things he is doing well.  Not perfect at all, but really well.  

The sloppy tackling was going on much longer than just the last two games. It seemed to begin creeping in on the west coast trip. The D has been great this season though so I’m being a bit picky.

But we can’t afford that now

Absolutely ... the Eagles are not a team that plays sharp.   That's what I've been saying , they are winning on their superior talent.  And give Doug credit... but its not an "overachieving" almost perfect type of game they play.  They make their share of mistakes.     But Saturday were some big ones on top of the sloppy tackling.   If its only a few tackles, we should be ok, just can't be on the longer passes, they will turn 15 yard gains into TDs.  

When your team is built the right way... you can overcome mistakes.    Difference now is the offense without Wentz can't really overcome them, but if they avoid them, all will be fine.  The defense, still good enough to overcome mistakes when your DL can stop the run and put pressure on the QB a lot of the time.    Kudos to Howie for learning and finally building it the right way.  

joemas, the "good" from Chip Kelly?  There wasn't any good from Chip Kelly.  I digress even saying his name anymore. What a blunder his three years were other than his taking over a pretty good Andy Reid team and making the playoffs with it that first year. But it got worse and quickly.

I like your optimism.  The QB play is too important to overlook it.  With a defense as good as Minnesota's, how do the Eagles SUCCESSFULLY push the ball down the field?  that's what they have to figure out. One play at a time.  The Eagles LBs are a big step down from the Vikings LBs and the Eagles CBs are not as good as Minnesota's CBs.  The matchups are good on defense for the Eagles though. Thielen is a very good WR but doesn't have blazing speed.  Gotta mix it up with him.  Diggs is good but on the smaller size.  The CBs should beat him up a little.  I'm not a defensive minded coach, but that's what I would do with those two WRs. 

Guess Collinsworthless will be calling the game. For some reason they like him up here - so much for taste! I'd like to hear Beastmode call a game :lol:

It's a FOX game, isn't it?

Crap. Thanks for the heads up Cunningham.  I'm working too much too hard. haha.

Sen... please stop with this ... Andy did not leave him a good team... 8-8 ... then 4-12 .. .they were not good.   The 2013 schedule was easy, the offense was gimmick, didnt really beat any good teams... 10-6 was not so outstanding under those circumstances... but yes .... look at everything involved... there was good there.   for 14 years it took 33 seconds to break the huddle, QB couldn't have time to see the defense and change a play... then we called it fast... but it was so the coach could change the play.   Similar to what the Rams are doing.  That's half right.  Fitness has helped this team.   Look at Celek and Kelce as examples of vets in great shape.   All that little stuff means nothing when you have 7 plays in your playbook... its like throwing fastballs in baseball all game long, it won't work.  

As for QB... WTF is wrong with you people.   You all act like Foles can't throw the ball.   If a guy is open he will hit him most of the time.   He can't avoid the rush like Wentz can, and that means the other guys needto block and get open.  But it's not like he can't play.   I don't get it?  

21 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

So how many dog masks were actually sold before Amazon ran out of them? Anyone know?

I read that the supplier sold out of the 500 they had and ordered another 300 that was quickly sold out. They are made in China so they said they said supplying anymore would be difficult.  

So how many dog masks were actually sold before Amazon ran out of them? Anyone know?

I read that the supplier sold out of the 500 they had and ordered another 300 that was quickly sold out. They are made in China so they said they said supplying anymore would be difficult.