Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] From Germany, With Love For The Eagles

I also believe that Hollins and Burton could be keys in this game if utilized properly. Teams have a tendency to ignore these guys when they are on the field.

I'm loving all the theories!     How about this one... the Vikings have a great 11 starters on defense.... so we throw to #13, #10, #88 because these players wouldn't have a starter covering them?   Really not complicated.  Todays game the slot WR is a top weapon anyway... so use Agholor a lot for sure. 

I also read that their top DE might be on a snap count do to the foot injury... same one that Duce had???   If so, run as much as you can when he is on the field, throw it as much as you can when he isn't.  I'm also maing hte dude with the concussion have to move around and think a lot, he is getting blocked hard on every play the first series or two, lets see how he handles it.  Rhodes will take a penalty at least once, so I wouldn't avoid him.  

Be aggressive baby!

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm loving all the theories!     How about this one... the Vikings have a great 11 starters on defense.... so we throw to #13, #10, #88 because these players wouldn't have a starter covering them?   Really not complicated.  Todays game the slot WR is a top weapon anyway... so use Agholor a lot for sure. 

I also read that their top DE might be on a snap count do to the foot injury... same one that Duce had???   If so, run as much as you can when he is on the field, throw it as much as you can when he isn't.  I'm also maing hte dude with the concussion have to move around and think a lot, he is getting blocked hard on every play the first series or two, lets see how he handles it.  Rhodes will take a penalty at least once, so I wouldn't avoid him.  

Be aggressive baby!

While we are talking about being aggressive, if the opening is there, let Foles take off! I don't care if he only gets three yards per carry. I want the Vikings have to account for his running whether he gets one yard per carry or 10 yards. At the present time I don't believe they are even concerned one bit about him taking off.

I don't really care what they are concerned about ... I don't need him getting 1 yard or 3 yards.    Case in point ... McNabb used to kill Tampa with his running.   I was at the 2002 title game (ie funeral)  last game at the vet.   McNabb had the broken leg he recovered from... early in the game there was an opening and he scrambled for like 12 yards up the sideline.  If it was 3 months earlier he would have gotten 50 yards!   From that point their pass rush became more aggressive.   Foles running for 3 yards isn't going to change anything.  But if he can get 7 or 8 yards on a key play, then go ahead.   I think we beat them without that stuff.   I think people will be surprised... if the weather is decent, it will be the first time in a whle for Foles playing without brutal weather.... watch how he all of a sudden looks like a QB again... maybe the Raiders game can be forgotten finally...LOL  Otherwise, I'm ok with really bad weather too, let Keenum figure it out how it feels like to have to pass in that without a running game.   

You brought up stats from Tampa and Chicago ... so I don't see Minnesota as being this perfect defense.  They can be had.  Take the shots and hit them.  Worst thing to do vs a good defense is get too conservative... they eat that right up!

Wanting to throw deep is one thing.  Eagles better pass protect when they decide to do that. Sack fumbles are game killers.  Biggest disappointment on this offense for me is Torrey Smith.  His contributions have been minimal and his disappointments have been often.

Fans can theorize anything.  None of that matters.  Execution of the play called each and every time is what will matter.  I have my theory of how I would attack the Vikings D but my theory doesn't matter.  I'm not there to influence the game plan.

Sen.,.. Foles gets rid of the ball quicker than Wentz on the deep throws because he can't throw as far ...  The beauty to Agholor vs Denver is what I'm talking about ... the one from Foles.    Not the long developing plays that Wentz can hit.   A couple to Alshon up the sideline, they will hit one of them and Rhodes will interfere on one too.  30-35 yards downfield, away from the double team ... that's a quick pass.  Agholor on a corner route from the slot would be nice.  Same with Burton vs a LB.

The Eagles went for it on fourth down 26 times during the regular season -- second only to the Green Bay Packers (28) -- converting a league-high 17 attempts. That's a 65 percent success rate. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer rattled those numbers off the top of his head when speaking to reporters via conference call Wednesday, a sign that the Eagles' fourth-down prowess is on Minnesota's mind.

The results of the fourth-down bids have been overwhelmingly in favor of the Eagles. According to ESPN Stats & Information, they have scored a touchdown or field goal on 13 of the 18 drives in which they converted a fourth down, totaling 85 points (4.7 points per drive). The times they went for it on fourth down and didn't convert, the opposing team didn't score a single point on the subsequent drive.

The Eagles defense haven't allowed any points in the final two minutes of a game all season.  Is that statement true? 

Wrang,  Good stuff on the 4th downs.   That shows that all the risks were worth it, from both sides of the ball.  Especially like that ZERO points given up after missing a 4th down play.  

As for no points during the last 2 minutes  ... Not sure... Dallas missed a FG at the end of the last game, so it could be right.   The first Giants game ... we had to kick a FG at the end, but not sure if we scored 2 times in a row at the end?   A lot of blowouts, so plenty of mixed in games there too though.   But impressive.

I meant to say... plenty of meaningless mixed in games mixed in...with the big lead last 2 minutes

The 3 teams with the highest passing yards against the Vikings this year are  1. Tampa Bay 369  2. Saints  341 first game and 308 the second game  3. Redskins 304

The three teams with the most rushing yards against the Vikings this year are 1. Rams 171  2. Ravens 169  3. Bears 159 

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The 3 teams with the highest passing yards against the Vikings this year are  1. Tampa Bay 369  2. Saints  341 first game and 308 the second game  3. Redskins 304

The three teams with the most rushing yards against the Vikings this year are 1. Rams 171  2. Ravens 169  3. Bears 159 

I might add that all six of these teams lost to the Vikings. LOL So it is obvious that we need a game plan with a little bit of both.

Congrads Howie!

Pro Football Writers‏ @PFWAwriters

The PFWA has selected @RamsNFL Sean McVay as NFL Coach of the Year, @Eagles VP Howie Roseman as NFL Executive of the Year and @Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur as NFL Assistant Coach of the Year.

10:00 AM - 18 Jan 2018

Doug would have to help Markelle Fultz fix his jump shot in order to get coach of the year .... LOL   Guy wins 2 more games, wins the head to head battle on the other guy's home field... with the back up QB.    Beats the same team that beat the other guy in the playoffs.     Throw in the injury factor.   Only thing left to do here is to fix Fultz's jumpshot!   IDK ... LOL  But who cares really, the whole team takes their mindset from the coach.  Nobody gets more disrespect than Doug, so players can relate to him and see him as an example.   It's not about individual awards, and nobody comes across with that same mindset than Doug himself.  Wentz seems the same way.    

Congrats Howie, this was too much of a no-brainer.   But still, similar to Doug taking crap and being unselfish, it looks like Howie has learned by not dominating all the decisions and letting his ego get in the way.  Just do your job and focus on what's best for the team, and everything else falls into place.  

Congrats to the owner too.  He took a more hands on approach the 2016 offseason to put things into place ... coaching hire, QB decision...etc.  It was the right time to give a little extra input when determining the overall direction of the franchise.  Players obviously like this guy a lot too.  Easy to see why.  

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Foles has a deep passing game???? I suppose if you consider "deep" 15 yards lol

He has the arm to throw deep it is a fact not an opinion I just don't base my judgement on how I feel about the player.....Whether he has the accuracy to complete the throws is another question all together 

25 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Congrads Howie!

Pro Football Writers‏ @PFWAwriters

The PFWA has selected @RamsNFL Sean McVay as NFL Coach of the Year, @Eagles VP Howie Roseman as NFL Executive of the Year and @Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur as NFL Assistant Coach of the Year.

10:00 AM - 18 Jan 2018

WOW Sean McVay deserves some credit but seriously Doug should have won coach of the year....How many coaches face the adversity he faced and still has his team in the NFC Championship game.....

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

The Eagles defense haven't allowed any points in the final two minutes of a game all season.  Is that statement true? 

That's what the said during the Atlanta game.

34 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

He has the arm to throw deep it is a fact not an opinion I just don't base my judgement on how I feel about the player.....Whether he has the accuracy to complete the throws is another question all together 

Apparently there are those out there from the (Philly Area) insinuating that Nick isn't throwing deep because his elbow is not healed yet after all this time. Sure would be nice if he threw a couple bombs on Sunday.

He took a few shots vs ATL that I seen....I mean the Torrey Smith deep ball in the beginning of the game had more to do with the wind then anything we seen Matty Ice struggle throwing deep when facing the wind as well.....Going the other direction Foles had a few overthrows the corner route to Burton I believe, The throw that should have been picked by Neal near the end of the half etc......My concern is not if Foles is willing or able to get the ball there I think he can he has the arm it is his accuracy that concerns me more what gets me though is fans acting like he has some weak arm that can't make the throws 

45 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

WOW Sean McVay deserves some credit but seriously Doug should have won coach of the year....How many coaches face the adversity he faced and still has his team in the NFC Championship game.....

Pederson would rather have the Super Bowl trophy anyway!  These awards from Sports writers crack me up. Now if the award was from my peers it would mean something.

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Pederson would rather have the Super Bowl trophy anyway!  These awards from Sports writers crack me up. Now if the award was from my peers it would mean something.

Telling of the whole team really starts at the top they don't care about the individual awards it has always been about the team.....Wentz has a similar view he doesn't care about the MVP or anything else he wanted to win it all..... 

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

He took a few shots vs ATL that I seen....I mean the Torrey Smith deep ball in the beginning of the game had more to do with the wind then anything we seen Matty Ice struggle throwing deep when facing the wind as well.....Going the other direction Foles had a few overthrows the corner route to Burton I believe, The throw that should have been picked by Neal near the end of the half etc......My concern is not if Foles is willing or able to get the ball there I think he can he has the arm it is his accuracy that concerns me more what gets me though is fans acting like he has some weak arm that can't make the throws 

I hate to admit it but that overthrow to wide open Burton last Saturday nauseated me! I'm telling you I think Nick is more accurate between the hash marks. He had a couple very nice passes to Kelce last year right down the middle.

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I hate to admit it but that overthrow to wide open Burton last Saturday nauseated me! I'm telling you I think Nick is more accurate between the hash marks. He had a couple very nice passes to Kelce last year right down the middle.

Well hopefully Foles can keep up his play from the 2nd half vs ATL.....That is really all we need him to do.....Make the throws he should don't turn the ball over...Let the rest of our play-makers on O do the rest and rely on a great D.....That is the winning formula for our team now 

I think those throws like the one he missed can be made this week vs Minn.   QBs miss throws... you gotta live with it.   The BS now with all the short throws which used to be handoffs way back when... and these 70% completion percentages changes people's perceptions.  ALL QBS miss throws.  That one cost us a shot a 3 points though.   Gotta his those this week.