Wallyhorse

Which Super Bowl Matchup does the NFL actually want?

Super Bowl LII Matchup  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Matchup do you think the NFL REALLY wants for Super Bowl LII?

• Jaguars-Eagles
    • Jaguars-Vikings
    • Patriots-Eagles
    • Patriots-Vikings

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

That big sigh of relief you heard at the NFL offices was the Patriots coming back and beating the Jags.  There were a lot of people who felt the Jags would have pulled down the Super Bowl rating considerably.

Are Eagles going to continue being underdogs?? Dumbarses. They look like the best team in the NFL right now. It's crazy. And this is without Wentz. 

I think with Wentz, Eagles win 31-24. Without, think it could be 27-24 either way.

What we saw tonight was the Nick Foles of 2013.  If he can repeat that against the Pats, the Eagles I suspect they win it all and it may turn out to be very hard to keep Foles, especially if teams don't want to overpay for Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, etc. 

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

Are Eagles going to continue being underdogs?? Dumbarses. They look like the best team in the NFL right now. It's crazy. And this is without Wentz. 

I think with Wentz, Eagles win 31-24. Without, think it could be 27-24 either way.

I fully expect the next 2 weeks to be all about the Pats. Eagles will get no love from media. 

13 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

What we saw tonight was the Nick Foles of 2013.  If he can repeat that against the Pats, the Eagles I suspect they win it all and it may turn out to be very hard to keep Foles, especially if teams don't want to overpay for Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, etc. 

Not sure if Foles wants to go through another fiasco and have a team dump in him after a few bad games. 

Eagles-Patriots was definitely most ideal for the NFL.  Having the Vikings in the Super Bowl would have been a great hometown atmosphere for the Minnesota fans and nothing else.  Eagles fans travel well, and have filled up flights and hotels unlike if the Vikings would have been in it.  Patriots and Eagles are big TV markets and have fans throughout the country.  Eagles-Patriots is definitely the best for the NFL.  An Eagles win would be even better.  Our parade would be national news and the merchandise we would buy as a result would be great for the NFL.  

Honestly... it's the superbowl.  The event get's so much hype world wide, I doubt they "really" care who goes in and who doesn't.  Chatting with a few coworkers, this is one of the few times people who don't watch, will watch.  The actual fans are going to tune in regardless.  Let's say the Patriots didn't make it.  Do you think viewership would of went down?  I don't.  The highest ever watched superbowl was Denver vs Carolina.. which came after Denver beat New England of course.

On 1/30/2018 at 4:52 PM, Northern Green Wings said:

Honestly... it's the superbowl.  The event get's so much hype world wide, I doubt they "really" care who goes in and who doesn't.  Chatting with a few coworkers, this is one of the few times people who don't watch, will watch.  The actual fans are going to tune in regardless.  Let's say the Patriots didn't make it.  Do you think viewership would of went down?  I don't.  The highest ever watched superbowl was Denver vs Carolina.. which came after Denver beat New England of course.

Exactly cause fans are probably sick of seeing the Patriots.