Wallyhorse

Which Super Bowl Matchup does the NFL actually want?

Super Bowl LII Matchup  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Matchup do you think the NFL REALLY wants for Super Bowl LII?

• Jaguars-Eagles
    • Jaguars-Vikings
    • Patriots-Eagles
    • Patriots-Vikings

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2018 at 08:00 PM

I think the NFL secretly is hoping for Patrios-Eagles.  I'm sure they don't want the Vikings playing the Super Bowl on their home field and Pats-Eagles I think will garner the best possible TV rating on Super Bowl LII for NBC. 

It's the opposite, the NFL would WANT the Vikings to be at home. Local fans would come in droves to the festivities. The game will sell no matter who plays. But they will make a lot more money during the events leading up to the super bowl if the home team is involved.

The eagles aren't nearly as interesting to the rest of the league without wentz, I don't think it would be the draw you think it would 

8 minutes ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

It's the opposite, the NFL would WANT the Vikings to be at home. Local fans would come in droves to the festivities. The game will sell no matter who plays. But they will make a lot more money during the events leading up to the super bowl if the home team is involved.

The eagles aren't nearly as interesting to the rest of the league without wentz, I don't think it would be the draw you think it would 

The only thing that the NFL likes is a good story line to entice viewers and advertisers. That's where the $$$ is made, Goodell could give 2 craps about Minneapolis local economy. 

24 minutes ago, birdman said:

The only thing that the NFL likes is a good story line to entice viewers and advertisers. That's where the $$$ is made, Goodell could give 2 craps about Minneapolis local economy. 

A wentz-less eagles do not make for a good storyline. First team playing the superbowl at home is. And the NFL also makes money off of the events leading up to the superbowl, which if the home team were playing would bring way more locals to those events=more money for the nfl.

I'm sure the NFL has a preference, but to say that 1 team's "storyline" is better than another's is flat out untrue.

Every team left has had adversity, injuries, and a little bit of luck along the way.

2 hours ago, joboggi1 said:

93f3547c8c0223564175e3c807e1f353

This is an actual NFL promo. Someone please post this in the Eagles locker room!!!!!!

Yep, the NFL showed their hand. Any, and I do mean ANY questionable calls by the ref benefiting the Vikings will create a mass outrage.

Plus the narrative could be Brady going against Minnesota in Minnesota and winning his 6th ?

Its Pats/Vikes. No doubt.

After that the Jags/Vikes. 

The Eagles matchups are tossups for the 3rd/4th spots IMO

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

60% for Vikings Pats SB on an Eagles message board:roll::facepalm:

So? The question is which matchup do we think the league wants. Not what we want. 

28 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

No way that the NFL wants the teams with the two whitest fan bases.

I'm going to say the Patriots just might have the whitest roster in the league. I can't be the only one who's noticed that they always have a bunch of white dudes at the skill positions, which is relatively rare. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

I'm going to say the Patriots just might have the whitest roster in the league. I can't be the only one who's noticed that they always have a bunch of white dudes at the skill positions, which is relatively rare. 

It's a fair point and I hope you're not labeled as race baiting or anything. With white players in the skill position, generally they are more technical in their skills and not athletically dominating. Gronk is an exception to that, but all other guys are about technique and coordination. But that's exactly what Belichik calls for in his scheme.

18 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

It's a fair point and I hope you're not labeled as race baiting or anything. With white players in the skill position, generally they are more technical in their skills and not athletically dominating. Gronk is an exception to that, but all other guys are about technique and coordination. But that's exactly what Belichik calls for in his scheme.

Yeah I'm not saying Bill is racist or anything, just an observation. 

19 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Umm jimmy graham, kelce. and ertz are pretty darn athletic as is mcaffrey. Kevin curtis was one fast cookie too. Cooper kupp sure had no issues "getting seperation" as many claimed he would either. Unfortunately, there is a stigma and sterotype about white skill position players that youre pretty much displaying unintentionally. Youre saying the equivilancy of black qbs not being intellegent enough to be pocket passers, warren moon the exeption. 

1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

Umm jimmy graham, kelce. and ertz are pretty darn athletic as is mcaffrey. Kevin curtis was one fast cookie too. Cooper kupp sure had no issues "getting seperation" as many claimed he would either. Unfortunately, there is a stigma and sterotype about white skill position players that youre pretty much displaying unintentionally. Youre saying the equivilancy of black qbs not being intellegent enough to be pocket passers, warren moon the exeption. 

I said generally and was speaking in context to the Pats. But I suppose my post could be viewed in that manner

9 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I said generally and was speaking in context to the Pats. But I suppose my post could be viewed in that manner

Look at it this way:

Generally speaking white skill players arent very athletic so they have to rely on technique.

Generally speaking black qbs dont have it between the ears to read defenses so they have to rely on scrambling. 

Its the same thing. They are both bad stereotypes. Donovan went through it most of his career here whether fans wanna admit it or not. The fact is his best season he broke a bunch of nfl records at the time and barely ran. Many today are still upset "he stopped running".

The best 2 tes in the game in kelce,gronk being athletic freaks completely debunks the steretype. Mcaffrey going top 10 makes a strong case as well

But I never said "aren't very athletic". For the most part, each player that enters the NFL are athletic. I'm not going to go into the semantics of athleticism. I see where you're coming from and I don't necessarily disagree, but you're stretching it a bit far though.

Let’s see, one of the best Super Bowls in recent memory included the Arizona Cardinals. Just sayin. It doesn’t matter

They want Pats vs eagles or Vikings. They just don’t want the Jags. Outside of that either minny or philly will bring a ton of money and viewers

10 hours ago, nipples said:

They love their undersized White wide receivers.

7 hours ago, nipples said:

For a minute I thought you were talking to yourself, then remembered I've got bobby on ignore.

Im sure you do since you looked like a fool for bashing foles and giving us no chance. Didnt u say the season was over? We are still playing boob.

Of course the Patriots will draw more interest than the Jags (more fans of the Patriots and more people probably want to see them lose).

The NFC is a bit harder to tell. I feel like the eagles win on fans and a rematch of Patriots vs Eagles would be pushed as a major headline along with the backup QB having a chance to deliver the Eagles first Superbowl. I see the headline of the Vikings playing at home being a huge also. As some others have said, it would draw more fans to events in Minnesota. With all the news of ratings dropping the NFL could spin this as "look at all the fans we have and how many people have been around for the 2 week build up". On the opposite side I see it as dangerous come game time. Just wait until the camera catches the audience and you see very little vikings jerseys. It would haunt the NFL if it shows that most people that attend the Superbowl are mostly rich, business people and not actually fans who have the perfect opportunity to see their team at home in the championship. And if Minnesota makes it wait for fans and owners (cold weather, no dome, etc) to start complaining why they don't get to host a Superbowl and have the chance of home field advantage for the Superbowl. The NFL better be careful on what they wish for.