DawkinsOwnage03

The real coach of the year was Doug

It was never a serious question. Just the media always have their favorites and they want to put us down and big up their boy McVay. In a serious world where there's logic... It was never ever a competition. But who cares. Dougy is taking us to the Superbowl. 

Doug is the coach of the year, your GM is the executive of the year (by far) and Wentz would have been mvp. Decent year....

Now you gotta bring it home. Rep the East and deny those preppy nerds another championship. Good luck. 

As long as Doug is hoisting the Lombardi trophy in 2 weeks, then I don't really think he would care about that bullsh#t coach of the year award. Let's go Doug, bring it home for us!!!!!

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It was never a serious question. Just the media always have their favorites and they want to put us down and big up their boy McVay. In a serious world where there's logic... It was never ever a competition. But who cares. Dougy is taking us to the Superbowl. 

Again, it was because a number of prognosticators actually had the Rams not winning a game all year and going 0-16.  No one expected what the Rams did. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Doug is the coach of the year, your GM is the executive of the year (by far) and Wentz would have been mvp. Decent year....

Now you gotta bring it home. Rep the East and deny those preppy nerds another championship. Good luck. 

Giants showed us how it’s done (twice).

2 hours ago, BCEagle said:

Giants showed us how it’s done (twice).

Have a killer D-line and a goofy looking above average QB, patties kryptonite.

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Again, it was because a number of prognosticators actually had the Rams not winning a game all year and going 0-16.  No one expected what the Rams did. 

And nobody expected us to do what we have done and did in the regular season. Some tipped us to finish last in the NFC East. Not many tipped us to make the play offs let alone be the #1 seed. 

Both the Eagles and Rams exceeded most expectations by a lot. Eagles went much further and also beat the Rams in their own building. Doug should have won it. But if we win in two weeks it would just be a footnote anyhow.

13 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Decent year?! None of us expected this :excited: 

Sarcasm bud. It was a great year for the Birds, but it all means very little if you don't win the last one. 

For the record, I have the Birds winning by a TD. Philly is the more talented team and has been the best team all year. I also see the same "no respect" rallying cry the Giants used to motivate them 2Xs against the Pats. The Eagles need to start fast. There's no way the Pats are making up a double digit deficit against that defense. 

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Sarcasm bud. It was a great year for the Birds, but it all means very little if you don't win the last one. 

For the record, I have the Birds winning by a TD. Philly is the more talented team and has been the best team all year. I also see the same "no respect" rallying cry the Giants used to motivate them 2Xs against the Pats. The Eagles need to start fast. There's no way the Pats are making up a double digit deficit against that defense. 

I am well aware of that, which is why I am over the NFCCG win :-)

I’m honestly tired of hearing about the disrespect angel/everyone is against us angle, to me it means you care too much about what people think. Sarcasm  doesn’t come across well on the internet bud 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Not to me it isn’t little this has been my favorite season

year two coach from 7 wins to SB when everyone had us dead last in div and losing last two games 

massive progress from last year

i was

hoping for 9 wins lol

Earlier in the year, I would've given McVay the Head Coach of the Year award, and Wentz the MVP.  But now, with the Wentz injury, I would probably give Gurley or Brady the MVP, and Pederson Head Coach.  McVay did a great job turning that team around, and getting more out of Goff, but his biggest offensive star was around all year.  Pederson found a way to continue winning with a backup QB.

3 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Earlier in the year, I would've given McVay the Head Coach of the Year award, and Wentz the MVP.  But now, with the Wentz injury, I would probably give Gurley or Brady the MVP, and Pederson Head Coach.  McVay did a great job turning that team around, and getting more out of Goff, but his biggest offensive star was around all year.  Pederson found a way to continue winning with a backup QB.

Gurley is probably MVP for what he did in the regular season. 

If Foles wins it all, I don't know if the Eagles are going to be able to keep him because I'm sure there will be teams (Bills for one) who may be looking for a QB and not want to spend Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins money to get one.  I could see where the Eagles get an offer for Foles they can't turn down, trade him and bring back Sam Bradford to back up Wentz.

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Gurley is probably MVP for what he did in the regular season. 

If Foles wins it all, I don't know if the Eagles are going to be able to keep him because I'm sure there will be teams (Bills for one) who may be looking for a QB and not want to spend Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins money to get one.  I could see where the Eagles get an offer for Foles they can't turn down, trade him and bring back Sam Bradford to back up Wentz.

I can see other teams inquiring about him.  He has to be better than some starters out there, like for the Browns, Bills, Jets, Broncos, and maybe more.  If he can make a lot of money, I would be happy to see him get what he has earned.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:59 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I pulled hard for the Giants in both super bowls.  Happy to see the same from you, and hopefully most Giants fans.  The Pats are just a greater evil.

Douggie P got robbed! No one expected this team to be anything and they have been consistently the best team in the NFC all season. First take made an argument for Belicheat. His team got dismantled week one by the Chiefs! Pederson's team was never out of any game. That strategy by the Rams to try and face the Eagles in the playoffs should have been enough NOT to give him COY.

Gotta be Doug at this point...did they already announce it? If not, the post season run with a lot of injuries has to clinch it win or lose in 2 weeks

The Rams didn’t just turn around from 4-12 to 11-5, they went from dead last in scoring offense to first. That is incredible and why McVay gets the nod. 

But, really, I was at the playoff game against Atlanta and I’m still mad about losing. Really, McVay winning some journalist’s award isn’t any f’n consolation.