Sign in to follow this  
cowboy30

Who Are You Rooting For?

So if you're not a fan of either team, who are you rooting for? My family was saying they're hoping the Eagles put an end to the Patriots because they're sick of their fans, their arrogance, their winning everything, and some of the favorable calls they get. Oh, and Brady is a gigantic bish.

I, too, kind of see it this way, but it's so fun ribbing you guys about the 0 Super Bowls. If I weren't on this EMB, I'd probably be hoping for the Eagles to destroy New England. I really can't decide yet. Who would Eagle fans root for in a Cowboys/Pats SB?

Anyways, you guys want the division to represent or are you going for that ridiculous, annoying dynasty?

(Patriot fans are beyond worse, can't stand them. Eagle fans here seem to be okay for the most part)

If I were you, I'd go with the Eagles. If the Eagles win, at least you can console yourself by saying you beat the SB champions during the regular season. Eagles fans have adopted this practice for decades (1979, 1980, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, etc.). Plus, do you really want the Patriots to have 6 rings? I can't imagine the Uncle Rico types (not you, of course) who dominate Cowboy fandom would allow another team to best them out of all their past glories.

When the Giants played the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I didn't root for anybody. You can watch a game without a rooting interest, but they were some pretty lame games.

I couldn't watch a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl. Good thing I don't have to. :pizza:Eagle_smiley.jpg

As a Giants fan, my gut reaction is to root against the Eagles regardless of the opponent, but there's a few reasons why i'll be in the awkward position of rooting for the Eagles in two weeks.

1. Enough already with the Pats. 

2. As a NYer, Boston and Philly are the two primary rival cities, so rooting against a Boston team makes sense. 

3. I don't like Eagles fans, but people from NE are 10X worse. 

4. The Eagles have been the best team all year, they deserve to win, and I like the idea of Brady being 1-3 against the NFC East in SBs. 

5. My wife is from S. Philly (that's where I'll be watching the game). She doesn't give two sheets about sports, but I guess it's fine for her family and friends to experience a little happiness. I guess I even like some of you guys as well.  <_<

Good luck....jerks. ;)

40 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

As a Giants fan, my gut reaction is to root against the Eagles regardless of the opponent, but there's a few reasons why i'll be in the awkward position of rooting for the Eagles in two weeks.

2. As a NYer, Boston and Philly are the two primary rival cities, so rooting against a Boston team makes sense. 

4. The Eagles have been the best team all year, they deserve to win, and I like the idea of Brady being 1-3 against the NFC East in SBs. 

5. My wife is from S. Philly (that's where I'll be watching the game). She doesn't give two sheets about sports, but I guess it's fine for her family and friends to experience a little happiness. I guess I even like some of you guys as well.  <_<

Good luck....jerks. ;)

Welcome to the dark side.

54 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

We are going to need luck and then sum

You think so?

Im getting a Broncos/Seahawks Super Bowl vibe here.

The way the Eagles and Patriots are playing I could see it again. I know it's probably too good to be true for you guys to think that, but man the Eagles have played amazing while the Patriots have looked a little shaky.

Hard to say, but I'd probably be rooting for Philly if I was a fan of a rival. There was only one time that I ever actively rooted for a division rival to win a game outside of one that helped the Eagles in the standings, and that was Super Bowl XLII.  Living in New England at the time made that choice easier than it may have been otherwise, although I'm usually inclined root for the underdog against a juggernaut just in the interest of parity and variety. It's hard to describe exactly why I find them so intolerable, but when the fans and the team are as obnoxious and arrogant as those elitist jocks in New England, I root against them automatically just to shut up the blowhards. In this manner, I hate the Patriots on a level pretty much reserved only for the Penguins and Steelers. Rival teams winning championships is always irritating, but i usually respect the culture of other fanbases as just another group supporting their team like we do. With New England and some others, though, the fans and the team just reek of character defects and smug disrespect. They act like no other team in the league even matters and like they own the NFL, and on the rare occasion when they don't get their way, they whine about the league having it out for them and how they're so unfairly persecuted just because everyone's jealous of them. They're as cocky as they come, but they're also highly sensitive to criticism. Arrogance, disrespect, self-importance, and self-victimzation are generally not traits you'd associate with a "classy" organization or individual. There's a special kind of delusion that comes with being a Patriots fan. You have to believe you're the league's premier franchise on the one hand while claiming that you're a victim of envy and cry that you're unfairly persecuted by the league any time your shady dealings come to the surface, despite having a documented history of rules violations. All teams have obnoxious, idiotic, and crude fans, but it's the ones with a sense of entitlement and superiority that I really can't stand. Pair that with being a crybaby and I just want you beaten down in every game. There are many teams that I consider unlikable, but I only truly despise a few teams because they lack honor, integrity, and professionalism.

This thread is making me lean closer to Philly. Nothing beats getting drunk and yelling F You Brady when he's getting his butt beat. I always root for the underdog too. Have family in Boston area who are actually cool and humble Patriots fans. Wow right? It's cool for them, but why should they get to celebrate a 6th ring in 20 years when I can't even friken celebrate an NFCCG appearance in that time?

In a hypothetical scenario... if the Redskins played the Patriots, I'd cheer for the Redskins.  When the giants played against the Patriots... I cheered for the Giants. 

If the Cowboys were to play the Patriots... would be hard haha.  I think if it was Romo still starting I could easily get behind cheering for him.  But with the Zeke and Prescott show at the moment it'd be tough.  I like guys like Witten, Sean Lee, Demarcus Ware when he used to play for them, Tony Romo as well.  Seeing some of those guys get rings would be ok, it would help ease the pain of having my Cowboy fan friends throw it in my face that they won.  But with the current Cowboys team, I think I would just cheer for a good game and not really care who wins.

1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

In a hypothetical scenario... if the Redskins played the Patriots, I'd cheer for the Redskins.  When the giants played against the Patriots... I cheered for the Giants. 

If the Cowboys were to play the Patriots... would be hard haha.  I think if it was Romo still starting I could easily get behind cheering for him.  But with the Zeke and Prescott show at the moment it'd be tough.  I like guys like Witten, Sean Lee, Demarcus Ware when he used to play for them, Tony Romo as well.  Seeing some of those guys get rings would be ok, it would help ease the pain of having my Cowboy fan friends throw it in my face that they won.  But with the current Cowboys team, I think I would just cheer for a good game and not really care who wins.

Right? You'll be thrilled to see whichever team loses and just shrug off the winner. Whatever happens I'm not rubbing it in. Both teams have done more in one year than the Cowboys have in 20 so. The one Eagle fan at my work who calls me Rodgers pisses me off though. Only calls me that since Rodgers is our playoff krytonite. Maybe I can call him Tom Brady.

Pats fans talk a big game and puff their chests out, but they've been known to bail pretty quickly when the going gets rough. Remember when Philly went up to New England a couple of years ago when New England looked unstoppable? The Eagles got an early lead, and by the beginning of the third quarter, Pats fans were already leaving the stadium midway through the third quarter when they went down 21 points, even though they had a historically potent offense that year and the best QB in history for leading late-game comebacks. Of course, Brady brought them back with plenty of time to make things interesting with Pats fans trying to get back in the stadium.

16 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Right? You'll be thrilled to see whichever team loses and just shrug off the winner. Whatever happens I'm not rubbing it in. Both teams have done more in one year than the Cowboys have in 20 so. The one Eagle fan at my work who calls me Rodgers pisses me off though. Only calls me that since Rodgers is our playoff krytonite. Maybe I can call him Tom Brady.

Haha.  have to look at it like you're cheering for the players and not the team then.  Unfortunately for Philly, I'm not sure we have a lot of league wide loved guys... and the ones that are have rings already.  In fact the three most are probably Wentz, Peters, and Sproles whom are all injured.

This is why they invented block pools and gambling..... To give you something to root for when you hate both of the teams playing.

38 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Haha.  have to look at it like you're cheering for the players and not the team then.  Unfortunately for Philly, I'm not sure we have a lot of league wide loved guys... and the ones that are have rings already.  In fact the three most are probably Wentz, Peters, and Sproles whom are all injured.

Don't think you guys have anyone hateable either! My dad brought up that point last night. He didn't mind rooting for Philly because he doesn't hate any of their players. There's no T.O. or McNabb. There's not really a Desean Jackson type guy.

1 hour ago, Northern Green Wings said:

The Cowboys in the Super Bowl?  In this century?  No worries.  :roll:

Anyone see the AFC Championship Game promo with John Malkovich? That pumped me up like no other. Since the Eagles are already 6 point underdogs (baffling) just watch that and substitute the "Bortles, Fournette, and the Jaguars" to "Look at what Foles, that defense, and the Eagles did to the Vikings!"

Oh don't forget the, "Patriots don't have one Goliath. They are three Goliaths! Brady! Belichick! The referees!"

Enjoy.

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

6. Will make the NFC East the only division with all 4 teams with rings

Good luck....jerks. ;)

fyp

I'll be rooting for New England duh... :roll:

Not!!! 

And all neutrals for once should be all about wanting us to win. Let's end that damn dynasty that's been going for way too long. 

As I've gotten older, my bitterness towards the Eagles and other teams in general has subsided.

Even living in Eagle country and seeing the fans dancing around since Sunday night, I'm surprised at how I'm not more irritated. When the Eagles beat Vick in 04, I was sick for the 2 weeks and was rooting for the Patriots as if they were the Giants.

Eagles are a great team and also because my wife and in-laws are all Dallas fans, I'm kind of sick of them running around bringing up the Super Bowls every chance they get.

The "at least we got rings" jokes towards Eagles fans has become extremely old to say the least.

I probably won't have a rooting interest in the game. If the Patriots win, I can stop having idiots coming up to me saying they think (insert guy) is better than Brady. 

If the eagles win, the NFC East will be the only division in football where every team has a ring..

Should be a great game.

Personally I think the birds are going to pull it out and win.