Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Lusen

Super Bowl Fan Support

We are 30 year season ticket holders looking to do exactly what our coaches are asking for, but subject to NFL price gouging and unfair ticket distribution to everyone other than "authentic fans". As of this morning, 4% of tickets were purchased from the Philly area, 3% New England. Not enough to make any kind of fan difference for either team. There are 66,665 seats in US Bank Stadium. 4% is a sparse 2,666 eagles fans that were willing to pay anywhere between $3k and $6k each. Probably for some of them, their life savings to cheer for this very special Eagles team. I have yet to speak to one season ticket holder that hit the lottery. A stadium 97% full of celebrities, corporate sponsors and angry Vikings fans.  BTW, our 2017 season tickets for 5 seats is about $6k. Equal to one lower level SB ticket... Really?

Last year 17.5% of tickets were offered  to each team's season ticket holders. About 1 in 6. Secondary ticket prices are at an all time high because of the new NFL Primesport brokering. There are less tickets available than ever before. The common fan for the most part isn't a factor anymore. My point is that it is a bit frustrating to hear our coaches talk about how well we travel, but in this situation, no matter how much we want to be there, it's unrealistic expectations... We figure we spent about $220k over the 30 years. Similar seats to SB52 over $40k for 3.5 hours...

Update: Per Tickpick.com an additional 3000 tickets were taken from each team in 2018 for the NFL Primesport.com On Location third party broker site. That would be a new low allocation of only 13% of 2018 SB tickets to players/team and season ticket holders for each team, less than 8700 tickets in total... I read that each player gets 30 tickets (1390) not including distribution to the rest of the organization. That would mean at best less than 6300 allocated to Eagles season ticket holders. That's a 1 in 11 chance and trending in the wrong direction for all us commoners. I think we have much better odds of winning SB Sunday than to win the not for free lottery.

Per 6abc, ticket lottery winners have until 8 p.m. Wednesday, and tomorrow from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. to pick up their tickets at Lincoln Financial. Any unclaimed tickets are returned to the NFL for them to distribute as they see fit. On top of the 25.2% the NFL already consumes for partners, media and sponsors.

Are Mr. Lurie and the other team owners really OK with this? Not hard to understand why people love their teams, but hate the NFL.