McNabbIsGone

T.O. Takes Another Swipe At McNabb

Is it that far fetched to believe both were at fault for this?  McNabb was the golden boy long before TO arrived, but he was seemingly the jealous type and quite honestly I think he was lacking in the leadership department.  TO was very talented also, but certainly arrogant.  The fans found him endearing, more so than McNabb in ways, and this stole some of McNabb's thunder.  Two different types of alpha males that just couldn't coexist.  It's a shame.  I'll always like both guys, but I fault McNabb in a lot of ways because IMO as the QB and franchise guy it was his responsibility to take the high road and make things work.  The more we learn, the less he did in this regard.

Also, to the DUI guy - duis do not just "happen to anyone."  If you're drinking, you shouldn't drive.  PERIOD.  Now I understand people sometimes make mistakes, we're all human... Still, let's not act as if it just "happens."  I'm more inclined to forgive a younger person for it, but McNabb was almost 40 years old when he got arrested.  Not to mention he certainly has the money to hire a cab.  Simply put, he knows better.

17 hours ago, jfluke said:

I dont know what to tell you. You seem unwilling to admit McNabb had issues.

'WIZ' is a McNabb worshipper . . .even after his recent multiple falls from grace.

There used to be a lot more of them until recently . . . for obvious reasons.

His drinking was going on while he played.

I've seen speculation on this. Do we know for sure if his drinking was affecting his play? 

The QB is supposed to be the team leader. Not one of, the team leader. McNabb never seemed to show that quality.

Compare him to guys like Montana or Brady or Jim Kelly or any other successful QB from the 70's onward.   Right.

He was fun to watch early in his career. 

Very true . . . The first 'derailment' was his broken ankle / fibula i.e. his 'iron man' game against the Cards in '02.

He also seemed to be gradually gaining weight. Then he had a string of injuries from a sports hernia, a sore thumb

and a torn right ACL. He was never the same player, really, after 2006.   

3 hours ago, Hoagie said:

Is it that far fetched to believe both were at fault for this?  McNabb was the golden boy long before TO arrived, but he was seemingly the jealous type and quite honestly I think he was lacking in the leadership department.  TO was very talented also, but certainly arrogant.  The fans found him endearing, more so than McNabb in ways, and this stole some of McNabb's thunder.  Two different types of alpha males that just couldn't coexist.  It's a shame.  I'll always like both guys, but I fault McNabb in a lot of ways because IMO as the QB and franchise guy it was his responsibility to take the high road and make things work.  The more we learn, the less he did in this regard.

Also, to the DUI guy - duis do not just "happen to anyone."  If you're drinking, you shouldn't drive.  PERIOD.  Now I understand people sometimes make mistakes, we're all human... Still, let's not act as if it just "happens."  I'm more inclined to forgive a younger person for it, but McNabb was almost 40 years old when he got arrested.  Not to mention he certainly has the money to hire a cab.  Simply put, he knows better.

Its probably because you dont recall the days when drinking and driving werent a big deal. It wasnt til the late 80s early 90s that it started getting all this press. Ironically lowering the .bac level didnt lead to less fatal crashes. It lead to more. Why? Because the people that are seriously intoxicated driving around arent seen because the cops are busy entrapping people pulling out of pubs. Pa is horrible with dui enforcement. These small town pigs take in anyone and then cant make cases stick because the blood test comes back legal. Do they reimburse the towing fee and pay u for being wrong? No ! 

Youve have to realize that bac is a bad determinator. A person that never drinks and has a low tolerance can have 2 beers and be putting people in danger. Others that drink often and have high tollerances can feel perfectly sober above legal limits. It is not a cut and dry thing youre making it out to be. 95 % of duis are not accident related.

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Its probably because you dont recall the days when drinking and driving werent a big deal. It wasnt til the late 80s early 90s that it started getting all this press. Ironically lowering the .bac level didnt lead to less fatal crashes. It lead to more. Why? Because the people that are seriously intoxicated driving around arent seen because the cops are busy entrapping people pulling out of pubs. Pa is horrible with dui enforcement. These small town pigs take in anyone and then cant make cases stick because the blood test comes back legal. Do they reimburse the towing fee and pay u for being wrong? No ! 

Youve have to realize that bac is a bad determinator. A person that never drinks and has a low tolerance can have 2 beers and be putting people in danger. Others that drink often and have high tollerances can feel perfectly sober above legal limits. It is not a cut and dry thing youre making it out to be. 95 % of duis are not accident related.

When did I ever say or imply it was cut and dry?  I clearly said we’re all human and make mistakes.  It’s just not something to mess around with.  There are always circumstances to consider, of course.  Personally, if I have more than one drink over the span of a few hours I won’t drive.  I don’t try to estimate a BAC or whatever.  Why even risk it?  And if I’m intending to drink a lot, which believe me - I do from time to time - I plan ahead, call an Uber or Taxi.  It’s really not that difficult, and I’m not a millionaire by the way...

Focusing on McNabb here:

1. What happened in the 80s and 90s is irrelevant.  McNabb was arrested in 2013.

2. By the way, McNabb was arrested again in 2015.  He was reportedly more than 2X the legal BAC limit.  I think that exceeds any "gray area.”  By the way, this time it was accident related.

That being said, do I think McNabb is a "bad person” necessarily?  Not at all.  I think he has a problem that leads him to bad judgment.  Many people do.  Still, he is responsible for his actions.  He needs help, and from what I understand he’s been getting it.

Regarding law enforcement, trust me... I’m as critical about them and our criminal justice system as anybody.

Look - I loved McNabb as an Eagle, and despite my ribbing of him from time to time, I’m still a fan of his and always will be.  But he’s a flawed man who can be better, just like 99.9999% of us.  We all have our screwups and mistakes, but that doesn’t absolve us of accountability either.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, bobbywizdum said:

Duis are a reflection of character? Bull ish. They are the reflection of the most profitable traffic violation in america. Mcnabb actually hit someone which us bad. Hopefully he got help for his problem. Alcholism is a sickness though not a reflection of character and many of us learned to drink before driving and they went together like pb & j.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, bobbywizdum said:

WTF is wrong with you? ANYONE that chooses to drink and drive should spend the next 90 nights behind bars the FIRST time it happens. Then maybe we would not have drunk drivers killing people.

Just a quick clarification. You re off by almost a decade. It was early 80s that DUIs became a focus for the press and police. I turned 18 in 83, and remember it well. At that time, 18 y/os could still buy beer. I was granfathered in up until I hit 21. 

2 1/2 years prior, in drivers ed, we were lectured about not drinking and driving. As McNabb came of age well after me, he has no real excuse. 

Correlation does not mean causation. Do you know how many cars were on the road in 1980? There are 2.1x as many vehicles in the US now as there were in 1980. You're talking out your a $$ so badly right now. Here's proof:

https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/157/2/131/90093

You should stop posting... unless you're a drunk, I can't see why you're defending DUIs...

4 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

His drinking was going on while he played.

I've seen speculation on this. Do we know for sure if his drinking was affecting his play? 

He was fun to watch early in his career. 

Very true . . . The first 'derailment' was his broken ankle / fibula i.e. his 'iron man' game against the Cards in '02.

He also seemed to be gradually gaining weight. Then he had a string of injuries from a sports hernia, a sore thumb

and a torn right ACL. He was never the same player, really, after 2006

The drinking was talked about on this board when he puked in the Jacksonville game in 03(?). There was a poster that claimed to see him drinking that weekend. And posted the same about the SB weekend.

There is, in fact, a new poster in TATE that claims to have seen him partying 48 hours before the SB. And others with different stories about him partying were mentioned in a thread about the harassment suit in TATE.

I suspect the drinking and weight gain go hand in hand. I always thought it odd that his special workouts in AZ seemed to have him come back bulkier. But not necessarily stronger or quicker. 

I’m not here to defend McNabb but Owens is full of ish for suggesting McNabb ran him out of town.  Him and his agent foolishly played hardball with the wrong FO.  Owens then hi jacked the locker room and behaved so poorly that he forced Reid to deactivate him. 

Regardless of what you think of McNabb, it's still pretty sad that Owens can't get over it after 13 years & has to bring it up every chance he gets. 

I don't know who started it but they're both to blame.

These are supposed to be 2 grown up, professional men and they're feuding like high school girls.  

McNabb was a prima donna, and TO was a d---......he was whining about his contract after one year.......

20 hours ago, jfluke said:

Just a quick clarification. You re off by almost a decade. It was early 80s that DUIs became a focus for the press and police. I turned 18 in 83, and remember it well. At that time, 18 y/os could still buy beer. I was granfathered in up until I hit 21. 

2 1/2 years prior, in drivers ed, we were lectured about not drinking and driving. As McNabb came of age well after me, he has no real excuse. 

Im off about five years. I know madd started in early 80s but even in the mid-late 90s dui enforcement wasnt like now.

My argument is the people that are arguing never drive after one drink are full of horse ish. In my era it was normal. Ive driven from nycto miami drinking the whole way lol everyone i knew growing up did it. 

Now absoluty anyone can get a dui. .08 is not a reflection of intoxication. 3 beers in an hour can put you there. 

Im off about five years. I know madd started in early 80s but even in the mid-late 90s dui enforcement wasnt like now.

My argument is the people that are arguing never drive after one drink are full of horse ish. In my era it was normal. Ive driven from nycto miami drinking the whole way lol everyone i knew growing up did it. 

Now absoluty anyone can get a dui. .08 is not a reflection of intoxication. 3 beers in an hour can put you there. 

Give it up. DUI is Driving under the Influence, not Driving while Intoxicated. 

.08 was chosen as the point where the average person becomes impaired in reactions and judgement. Yes, some people are more tolerant. But since theres no way to test that in the field, a line has to be drawn.

And, no one younger than me has any excuse for not knowing better. Just because you got lucky does not make it acceptable behavior.

3 hours ago, jfluke said:

Give it up. DUI is Driving under the Influence, not Driving while Intoxicated. 

.08 was chosen as the point where the average person becomes impaired in reactions and judgement. Yes, some people are more tolerant. But since theres no way to test that in the field, a line has to be drawn.

And, no one younger than me has any excuse for not knowing better. Just because you got lucky does not make it acceptable behavior.

He doesn't get it. Look at his comments, I GUARANTEE YOU he still drinks and drives.

Tell you what - compare how Foles and Wentz have conducted themselves with class and humility this year as opposed to the way the entitled McNabb with petulance and selfishness in his years here.  Looking back, even though T.O. was a schmuck, he had a damn good point.  McNabb had a history of not getting along with receivers.  Freddie Mitchell, Reggie Brown, T.O.  Even DeSean Jackson.  When did you ever hear of Wentz or Foles having a run-in with a receiver?

Imo it was pretty clear what happened with those two, and they are both responsible. 

Owens played in the super bowl and balled out on a broken ankle while McNabb could barely carry himself down the field late in the game and even puked in the process. 

This tells me TO, who no one would question his work ethic, was pissed at McNabb for the lack of his. I truly think this was the breaking point for TO’s mental breakdown which convinced himself he deserved more money and it all snowballed from there. 

Had these two been both mature professionals, we would have won in 2004 and maybe more. 

On 1/28/2018 at 5:01 AM, The Norseman said:

Good thing I don’t give AF what you think 

and i dont give two shi*ts or a pis* neither of whats a good thing or bad thing for you

3 hours ago, MJB said:

and i dont give two shi*ts or a pis* neither of whats a good thing or bad thing for you

:roll:

Haven't seen any of McNabb in any of the Super Bowl week coverage. I guess he's either staying away due to the sexual harassment situation or nobody is seeking him out to be on the air because of it.  Haven't seen Owens either, come to think of it.

But then again, every time I turn NFLN on, they're all over the Patriots jocks.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Haven't seen any of McNabb in any of the Super Bowl week coverage. I guess he's either staying away due to the sexual harassment situation or nobody is seeking him out to be on the air because of it.  Haven't seen Owens either, come to think of it.

But then again, every time I turn NFLN on, they're all over the Patriots jocks.

On my way home from work, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller had mentioned having TO on the air a little while earlier, so I guess he's floating around somewhere.

On 27/01/2018 at 10:29 PM, vincent_NJG said:

TO has had a problem with Jeff Garcia, McNabb, and Tony Romo. 

Oddly enough, we never really heard any problems with these QBs with any other receivers. 

That tells you all you need to know about TO 

Well there was also Mitchell, but enough said.

33 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

On my way home from work, Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller had mentioned having TO on the air a little while earlier, so I guess he's floating around somewhere.

Probably ranting about the Hall of Fame, I would imagine.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Probably ranting about the Hall of Fame, I would imagine.

Actually, yes that's what they said lol. Also, I just now watched an interview Chris McPherson did with NFLN's Coleene Wolfe, and she also mentioned having just been near TO as well.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, IFB DOG said:

ANYONE that chooses to drink and drive should spend the next 90 nights behind bars the FIRST time it happens.

Then maybe we would not have drunk drivers killing people.

You may be right . . . try explaining to your boss that you need

a 3 month vacation for 'Personal Reasons' and see how that goes.

In addition to the $10k+ or so that the lawyers fees, fine & surcharges are gonna cost you.

You'll also be attending some sort of classes to try and get you off the booze.

And then you'll obviously be needing a ride to work for 6 months to a year or two, depending.

Anyone who drinks & drives in this day & age is an idiot.

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Haven't seen any of McNabb in any of the Super Bowl week coverage.

I guess he's either staying away due to the sexual harassment situation or nobody is seeking him out to be on the air because of it.   

No one in their right mind is gonna put McNabb on the air now . . . probably forever but at least for the forseeable future.

McNabbIsDone.