McNabbIsGone

T.O. Takes Another Swipe At McNabb

Meh. Seems to be t.o that still feels the need to keep discussing this. Mcnabb may or may not have harassed a chic but i dont recall of him continuing to carry on this fued with t.o. 

The truth is t.o. is incapable of accepting any degree of responsibility in the matter. The QB this, the QB that. 

I don't think Mcnabb gets enough blame for that feud.   Andy is also responsible for letting things get so far out of hand.

Sure, TO is the most culpable but McNabb's ego was just as big and he could not stand the fans loving TO.  He wanted him gone.

T.O will take this to his grave. He'll not only blame McNabb for not getting a ring, but not having his back during the whole ordeal.

11 hours ago, hawkeye said:

McNabb is a bad guy.  His persona has been shattered by the ESPN thing. 

Agree.

He was our best QB ever yada yada yada but he never won the 'big one' after throwing-up in Super Bowl 39.

OK fine, I could live with all of that . . . but now we have two very public drunkenness situations as well as a

sexual harassment lawsuit. This last situation caused him to be dropped like a hot potato by the entire media.

Stick a fork in his media career, he's done. He can forget the HOF as well. He might of had a chance at some

point in the future but that's now gone as well.  

5 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Agree.

He was our best QB ever yada yada yada but he never won the 'big one' after throwing-up in Super Bowl 39.

OK fine, I could live with all of that . . . but now we have two very public drunkenness situations as well as a

sexual harassment lawsuit. This last situation caused him to be dropped like a hot potato by the entire media.

Stick a fork in his media career, he's done. He can forget the HOF as well. He might of had a chance at some

point in the future but that's now gone as well.  

You have no idea what happened with the harassment thing, duis can happen to anyone, its just more fuel for those that never liked him to pylon. Only an idiot thinks mcnabb is at fault for the t.o situation. T.o is the one still harping about it 14 years later just to try to stay relevant.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, bobbywizdum said:

You have no idea what happened with the harassment thing,

Yeah we do. You don't get fired from multiple media jobs for no reason.

He's guilty of something in this thing. Not sure what exactly.

How about arrogance & stupidity for starters?

duis can happen to anyone,

His pattern of behavior speaks to character, or lack thereof. Write it down so you don't forget.

its just more fuel for those that never liked him to pylon. Only an idiot thinks mcnabb is at fault for the t.o situation. T.o is the one still harping about it 14 years later just to try to stay relevant.

Just curious: why do you feel the need to defend him with excuses?

4 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Im not making excuses. Espn fires anything that hurts its image. Has he been convicted of harrassment? No. Yet youve already deemee him guilty.

Duis are a reflection of character? Bull ish. They are the reflection of the most profitable traffic violation in america. Mcnabb actually hit someone which us bad. Hopefully he got help for his problem. Alcholism is a sickness though not a reflection of character and many of us learned to drink before driving and they went together like pb & j.

As far as the t.o. thing the guys been a problem everywhere hes been. The guy caused all sorts of drama here, wasnt even man enough to say ish to mcnabbs face, instead fighting his war through the media yet some of you still pin this on mcnabb.

He did alot for this team and im just tired of seeing the guy veheemently hated on. It happened since draft day.

27 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im not making excuses.

Ummmm, yeah you are.

Espn fires anything that hurts its image. Has he been convicted of harrassment? No. Yet youve already deemee him guilty.

I've done no such thing!

I said he was named in a lawsuit and that he's been fired from two media jobs. That's what I said.

Duis are a reflection of character? Bull ish. They are the reflection of the most profitable traffic violation in america. Mcnabb actually hit someone which us bad. Hopefully he got help for his problem. Alcholism is a sickness though not a reflection of character and many of us learned to drink before driving and they went together like pb & j.

This speaks volumes. There's an olde saying that applies here but I won't bore you with it. 

As far as the t.o. thing the guys been a problem everywhere hes been. The guy caused all sorts of drama here, wasnt even man enough to say ish to mcnabbs face, instead fighting his war through the media yet some of you still pin this on mcnabb.

I don't care a rats' a s s about T.O. I just noticed the article and thought it was funny.

im just tired of seeing the guy veheemently hated on. It happened since draft day.

That was Angelo Cataldi and 'The Dirty Thirty'. 

It was disgraceful and a helluva way to greet our new QB on what was likely the biggest day of his life up to that point. 

I won't tune into WIP until I know he's off.

Eh. Looks like someone wanted to stir the pot. TO took the bait so he could stay relevant for another 15 minutes.

I do blame both him and McNabb for what happened. I remember it seemed like McNabb was jealous of the attention TO got. I think a lot of McNabb's personality flaws were overlooked for some reason.

OTOH, TO proved himself an a** on many occasions.

2 minutes ago, jfluke said:

TO took the bait so he could stay relevant for another 15 minutes.

I do blame both him and McNabb for what happened.

I remember it seemed like McNabb was jealous of the attention TO got.

I think a lot of McNabb's personality flaws were overlooked for some reason.

That's true . . . and you knew that going in with him.

The difference was:  Now he's    OUR    a s s h o l e   !

TO has had a problem with Jeff Garcia, McNabb, and Tony Romo. 

Oddly enough, we never really heard any problems with these QBs with any other receivers. 

That tells you all you need to know about TO 

11 hours ago, jfluke said:

Eh. Looks like someone wanted to stir the pot. TO took the bait so he could stay relevant for another 15 minutes.

I do blame both him and McNabb for what happened. I remember it seemed like McNabb was jealous of the attention TO got. I think a lot of McNabb's personality flaws were overlooked for some reason.

I just dont see where you get tgat whole jealous of attention thing from. T.O. was the one that needed all the constant cameras and media and thought he was larger than the team. He took offense to Mcnabb saying the team could win without him (which they did) and still make the superbowl. Who takes offense to that? T.O. had a problem that it was mcnabbs team. He caused disruptions in the huddle and divided the locker room. The fact that other eagles were willing to fall for t.o's schtick deep down doesnt really reflect on mcnabb but really shows we had alot of selfish individuals in that 05 locker room. 

10 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I just dont see where you get tgat whole jealous of attention thing from. T.O. was the one that needed all the constant cameras and media and thought he was larger than the team. He took offense to Mcnabb saying the team could win without him (which they did) and still make the superbowl. Who takes offense to that? T.O. had a problem that it was mcnabbs team. He caused disruptions in the huddle and divided the locker room. The fact that other eagles were willing to fall for t.o's schtick deep down doesnt really reflect on mcnabb but really shows we had alot of selfish individuals in that 05 locker room. 

I dont know what to tell you. You seem unwilling to admit McNabb had issues. His drinking was going on while he played.

As to the TO situation, I remember it being discussed back then that jealousy was part of the issue.

The QB is supposed to be the team leader. Not one of, the team leader. McNabb never seemed to show that quality. That was even hinted at when the word (rumor if you like) came out that he wasn't elected captain. So, to avoid the embarassment, Andy did away with permanent captains.

He was fun to watch early in his career. But, there seemed to be a new story every year about him. Lucky for him, social media wasn't around for most of his career.

Maybe the stuff Owens says about McNabb are true, but he needs to grow up and let the past be in the past.

The guy is an idiot and a crybaby. I hope they keep him out for as long as it takes for him to grow up and stop being a baby.

T.O was a good player but arrogant and pompous. He is a virus for team unity. He has a personality that he wants all the spotlight and as long as he has spotlight he is happy. Not team player. He couldnt live with the fact that the QB is in charge and Mcnabb was the boss and that McNabb didnt always throw him the ball mostly. Eventually he did his same drama throughout every team he transferred to. Mcnabb was an awsome QB but over time got older and lost his spunk. My opinion I think morale was at a low when T.O. was on the team with his arrogance

23 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

TO has had a problem with Jeff Garcia, McNabb, and Tony Romo. 

Oddly enough, we never really heard any problems with these QBs with any other receivers. 

That tells you all you need to know about TO 

YEP

On 1/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, The Norseman said:

Who cares.  Its 2018 and we're headed to the Super Bowl!

Your icon makes me think your a goddam vikings fan

2 hours ago, MJB said:

Your icon makes me think your a goddam vikings fan

Good thing I don’t give AF what you think 

10 hours ago, jfluke said:

I dont know what to tell you. You seem unwilling to admit McNabb had issues. His drinking was going on while he played.

As to the TO situation, I remember it being discussed back then that jealousy was part of the issue.

The QB is supposed to be the team leader. Not one of, the team leader. McNabb never seemed to show that quality. That was even hinted at when the word (rumor if you like) came out that he wasn't elected captain. So, to avoid the embarassment, Andy did away with permanent captains.

He was fun to watch early in his career. But, there seemed to be a new story every year about him. Lucky for him, social media wasn't around for most of his career.

How can you lead the unwilling? T.o gets told to stfu in the huddle. Thats leadership ! Did T.O accept leadership anywhere,

He took shots at garcia, mcnabb, and romo. Which other receiver did mcnabb fued with accept fredex who sided with t.o and has proved to be a complete knuckle head? 

Funny none of these stories started emerging before t.o and the superbowl loss happening. The only story we had prior to that was limbaugh. Guess thats mcnabbs fault too? 

Look man the guys human and has flaws but seriously the dude received tons of unwarranted hate here. This whole wasnt a leader thing is such horse ish. He lead to 4 straight title games and 5 in 8 years.