VaBeach_Eagle

From ChiefsPlanet: Did we let the wrong coach go?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Assuming Marty doesn't? He never will. He's afflicted with Alzheimer's and will never coach again.

You have to wonder if his 'Alzheimer's'  is real . . . or is it brain injury from his playing days?

He was a linebacker in his NFL career . . . and Andre Waters was a hard hitting safety.

16 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

You have to wonder if his 'Alzheimer's'  is real . . . or is it brain injury from his playing days?

He was a linebacker in his NFL career . . . and Andre Waters was a hard hitting safety.

Well he is 74 and was pretty sharp all those years as a coach and all the way up until the last couple so it could just be Alzheimer's

22 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well he is 74 and was pretty sharp all those years as a coach and all the way up until the last couple so it could just be Alzheimer's

From what I read, he was diagnosed in 2011, even though they didn't go public with it until a couple of years ago. So he was in the beginning stages (I assume), when he won the UFL Championship (his only pro football championship).

33 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

To answer their question:  yes, yes you did.

no they let the right one go to us  :D 

There were some who regretted firing Reid, and some who hated the Doug hire.  Funny how things work out.

16 hours ago, NOTW said:

There were some who regretted firing Reid, and some who hated the Doug hire.  Funny how things work out.

I'm usually not one to jump and want to change as quickly as others, here. I was willing to give Andy 1 more year and when Nick was traded, I wanted to see him in a full 16.

With Chip, I was all in on firing him when he was fired. I was never all that happy with him being hired, but I jumped on the wagon in hopes that he'd pan out.

With Doug, I was very curious to see what he could do. I was not unhappy at all. I just wanted to see what he'd do, and if he could be what we wanted him to be.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

That's great.  Remember when media and other team fans mocked Eagles fans for "running Reid out of town?"  It's nice to see the Chiefs fans making the same comments we did.

Yeah, I remember reading some Chiefs threads back when they hired Andy and they thought the Eagles were insane to fire him and Eagles fans were idiots for wanting him fired.

Now they're living what we experienced for so many years. Andy is a good coach, he'll win your team a lot of games. But when it comes to the post season, it's hit or miss. Or more like miss, miss, miss, maybe hit.

I like Andy, so now that we have our first ring, I'd like to see him finally do it and get one (as a head coach), for himself. Just as long as it doesn't prevent the Eagles from getting another one, and just as long as he's not the coach of any other NFC East team!

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I remember reading some Chiefs threads back when they hired Andy and they thought the Eagles were insane to fire him and Eagles fans were idiots for wanting him fired.

Now they're living what we experienced for so many years. Andy is a good coach, he'll win your team a lot of games. But when it comes to the post season, it's hit or miss. Or more like miss, miss, miss, maybe hit.

I like Andy, so now that we have our first ring, I'd like to see him finally do it and get one (as a head coach), for himself. Just as long as it doesn't prevent the Eagles from getting another one, and just as long as he's not the coach of any other NFC East team!

Yeah maybe if his new QB is any good.  I mean, he lost the SB by 3 points to the Patriots, just one big play from McNabb to Westbrook or TO would have been enough.  just one more.  Interesting how so many games this season came down to one big play.

I'd much rather see Andy do well than the Patriots keep making it there.  

Eagles with Doug:

We're fine there.

Not just a hair off anymore.

They did a better job. 

We'll have to go back and look at the film...of winning SB52.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was willing to give Andy 1 more year

I was not. By that time I'd had enough.

when Nick was traded, I wanted to see him in a full 16.

When Foles & Shady were traded on the same day I was sure that Kelly was a lunatic.   GTFO!!  NOW!! 

Come to find out that the player we received for Shady straight up, Kiko Alonso, was a former 'Duck' and was  

not only damaged goods (torn ACL) but was also a drunk and a criminal!  From his BIO: "On February 19, 2010, Alonso was arrested and charged with a DUI.[5][6] It was a controversial situation for the Oregon Ducks football program, as it had gone through a large volume of player misbehavior off of the field. Chip Kelly and the program had been criticized greatly by fans for being too lenient on star players for the sake of winning just days prior to Kiko's arrest.[7] Coach Kelly made the decision to suspend Kiko for the DUI for the entire 2010 season. In 2011 Kiko was given another chance to be a star on the Ducks football team, but he was arrested again in May 2011 for burglary, criminal trespassing and mischief.[8] The charges stemmed from a burglary attempt on a female victim who reported that Alonso banged on her door and demanded to let him in to her home. The woman called 911, and Alonso smashed down her door and entered her home.[9] He was also found to be intoxicated from alcohol at the scene. Nothing was reportedly missing from the woman's house which led to further speculation if this was a serious attempt of robbery or another public intoxication act of Alonso. He pleaded guilty to all of the charges. He received two years of probation, and was ordered to undergo 200 hours of community service along with alcohol treatment programs. His plea bargain allowed him to avoid going to jail.[10] Despite calls from the local team supporters to kick Kiko off of the team,[11] he was then given a third chance by Kelly, being re-instated to the Ducks football team in early September 2011 after completing over 200 hours of community service and the alcoholic awareness program.[12] 

You can't make this stuff up!

With Chip, I was all in on firing him when he was fired.

I was never all that happy with him being hired, but I jumped on the wagon in hopes that he'd pan out.

Meetoo.  At first he was amusing . . . I called him the 'Mad Scientist'.  Kelly & Foles had some success in

2013 . . . but the better DCs in the league sussed them both out post haste & 2014 was not that good.

And then Kelly's ego wouldn't let him understand that it was his scheme that was now flawed, not Nick suddenly playing poorly. 

With Doug, I was very curious to see what he could do. I was not unhappy at all.

I just wanted to see what he'd do, and if he could be what we wanted him to be.

Agree and really, just to be free of  CHUMP  Kelly was it for me. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wouldn't it be great to meet Reid & the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and beat the  CRAP  outta them?!?

Reid is a horrible coach who has benefited from terrible divisions and good defensive coordinators. Guy should be stocking groceries 

2 hours ago, skoods said:

Reid is a horrible coach who has benefited from terrible divisions and good defensive coordinators. Guy should be stocking groceries 

Except many could argue that he has been coaching in the best division. Almost every year 3 teams either go to the playoffs or have winning records.

Coach Reid in a nutshell: 1st quarter 13:47 left TIME OUT, 3rd and 1 THROW it 40 yards down the field, 4th and 7 FAKE PUNT. 4th Quarter up 21-3 LOOSE GAME 21-24. Any more examples need to be made? yeah hes a hell of a coach, but man some of his play calls and decision making a high school coach wouldn't even consider!