If you ran the Jaguars, what would do at QB for 2018?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. If you ran the Jaguars, what would do at QB for 2018?

• Continue with Blake Bortles as the starter
    • Trade with the Eagles for Nick Foles
    • Trade with the Chiefs for Alex Smith
    • Sign one of the Vikings QBs (Case Keenum, Sam Bradford) as a free agent
    • Sign Kirk Cousins and pay him through the nose ($30 Million+/year) to take over
    • Other (please specify)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2018 at 04:01 AM

Since in other threads I have brought up the idea of a team in contention for a championship looking to trade for Nick Foles as opposed to spending $30+ Million/year for Kirk Cousins, I thought I'd throw this out there. 

Personally I think they'd be stupid to go and get cousins. He's simply not worth the money a team is going to pay as he isn't elite! If I were the Jags I'd go and trade for Foles or Smith. I just think it is more likely they trade for Smith? 

I think IF they pass on Bortles, then Cousins and Keenum are the two best options. Both are still fairly young and have a lot of upside. Neither one is necessarily going to put up stats like Manning/Brady/Marino, but who cares? The end result is to win games and I think both QB's have the potential. 

Other:the Grand Marshall, whoever it may be, of the 2018 Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, because this would then force the hand of the league to move the Eagles-Jaguars game in London to Black Friday during the coveted 2:30-3:30 p.m. time slot.

I wonder if Cousins' high risk/high reward style is the right fit with a team who wants to lean on their defense. I actually think he makes the most sense in Cleveland.

I know it became cool and fashionable to overly criticize Blake Bortles, but he played well in the last two months.

3 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I wonder if Cousins high risk/high reward style is the right fit with a team who wants to lean on their defense. I actually think he makes the most sense in Cleveland.

I know it became cool and fashionable to overly criticize Blake Bortles, but he played well in the last two months.

Agree about Cousins.

i think if Bortles is not gonna be the guy, Alex Smith is the bridge QB for that style.  Lean on the D, run the ball and don’t make mistakes.

12 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I wonder if Cousins' high risk/high reward style is the right fit with a team who wants to lean on their defense. I actually think he makes the most sense in Cleveland.

I'm not sure I follow. Cousins has one of the highest TD:INT ratios in the league since he became the Skins full-time starter, and some even consider him only effective in the short to medium range passing game. If it's due to his penchant for bad INTs in the redzone in pressure games, those are usually a couple games a season where that happens, and I'd chalk that up more to him not being a QB that handles pressure well considering how he peforms in 80% of games. 

If the Jags want him, they should be concerned about an implosion in the playoffs. 

Had to close the poll because Alex Smith has been tentatively traded to the Redskins for a 3rd and a player to be named (can not be made official until the new league year starts in March).  

With Smith no longer available, I suspect Foles moves to the front for teams not wanting to pay through the nose for Kirk Cousins.  

5 hours ago, pjlj77 said:

Watch browns sign Cousins and use 1 and 4th pick on non qb's.

Or trade said picks to QB-desperate teams and get lots more picks to work with on building the rest of the team.  

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Jags is probably the best destination for FA QBs

Denver ain't bad either, but somehow I see Elway coveting Eli instead.