downundermike

Alex Smith to Washington

Maybe they think they still have Adam Archuleta on the team and think they can send him to KC to get rid of the cap space they probably still have from him.

24 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Holy smokes, this is absolutely the most Redskin thing to do here.  Alex Smith, really?  A 3rd round pick and $70 mil guaranteed?  Have they actually watched him play??

No dude, a 2nd and possibly more...

Edit. Seems it is a 3rd and a player.

My neighbor across the street is a Redskins fan.  This is gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel.  I won't have to say anything beyond, "Alex Smith, huh?"  Just that will be enough to destroy him.

:D

So they paid Cousins a kings ransom for the last few years only to go out and get a 34 year old Kirk Cousins...

...they could have had the younger Kirk Cousins for a whole lot less if they just signed him when he wanted $19m/year.  Alex gets 5 years, $70m guaranteed!

That franchise is mad.  It makes no sense on or off paper.  Congrats to  another genius trade Mr. Reid.  If he could coach half as well as he could trade QBs, he would have 10 Lomabardis.

14 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Wow. That's stupid money to give to Smith. JC he's not that damn good. Wouldn't surprise me if the season ticket holders do something. That's just beyond idiotic. I'd feel sorry for them if it wasn't the Skins.

53 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

Where does Cousins end up? All QB needy teams suddenly have a decent (and very expensive) FA option

This also means teams NOT wanting to pay Cousins will likely now be knocking on the Eagles' door for Nick Foles, especially a team like the Jags who might think Foles can put them over the top. 

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

This also means teams NOT wanting to pay Cousins will likely now be knocking on the Eagles' door for Nick Foles, especially a team like the Jags who might think Foles can put them over the top. 

Reports are Jags are keeping Bortles. After his strong performance in the playoffs, I'm guessing he stays.

Kendall Fuller is a quality CB. 

What an awful deal by Washington. Even if they get a 3rd as a comp pick for Cousins, this is brutal. Fuller and 71 million for Alex Smith...

10 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Jags are interesting one.....I'm no fan of Bortles but he was OK in the playoffs, I'd think they give him another shot

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Kendall Fuller is a quality CB. 

What an awful deal by Washington. Even if they get a 3rd as a comp pick for Cousins, this is brutal. Fuller and 71 million for Alex Smith...

There you go - was hoping the player to be named was someone quality, and indeed it is