downundermike

Alex Smith to Washington

Wow.....

I think Washington just did a great job downgrading their QB position. 

Should have just paid Cousins. You would be crazy to think Alex Smith will be any more successful than any other QB in Washington. 

I just cant believe they fell for it again. Andy Reid is just brilliant at making avg QBs look way more valuable than they are. 

Someone should compile a list of what he has got in return for all the avg to below avg qbs he has suckered other teams into trading for. 

Seriously.  Nobody has owned QB trades like Andy Reid.  It's shocking that anybody would still trade with him.  Off the top of my head:

1. Kevin Kolb to Arizona for a 2nd & DRC
  2. AJ Feeley to Miami for a 2nd
  3. Donovan McNabb to Washington for a 2nd and 4th
  4. Alex Smith to Washington for a 3rd and Fuller

Of those guys

1. Kolb started 15 tames in Arizona and was terrible (QBR of 35 & 46.9).  (His career was cut short by repeated concussions, though.)
  2. AJ Feely started 8 games in Miami and was terrible (passer rating of 61.7, I couldn't find QBR)
  3. Donovan McNabb started 13 games in Washington and was terrible (QBR of 51.1)

Stunning.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

You guys should head over to extremeskins, some good reaction over there.

I was up fairly late reading it last night.  I was just scrolling through page by page and somehow the thread was outpacing me :lol: 

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Nothing? He had jackson, garcon, reed, and davis for 2 years. Not to mention crowder.

This year he had pryor and couldnt get in sync with him. The guy had a big year in cleveland the year prior. He still had crowder, reed, davis, and a decent running game. 

What did smith have besides kelce? Hill and hunt are not all that.

They are pretty good, actually. Plus a better D and Andy.

29 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Andy also traded FOR Alex Smith, he gave up a 2nd round pick.  Smith started 76 games for the Chiefs and was selected to 3 pro bowls.  Seriously, don't make QB trades with Andy.

Yes QBs play well for Andy. The issue is how poorly they play after they leave Andy.

Alex Smith is the definition of nothing special. Hes AVG and the Pro Bowl is not really a measuring stick. 

14 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I dont think this is a bad move at all. Cousins is an average qb that wants elite money. Hes good for an average of 8 wins per year. Smith is older but a better overall QB for mid range starter money. Garcia played til he was 39. Smith is a similar player. I think the skins are still an 8 win team with smith but a good draft or 2 could trend them up. 

I agree with you here. Smith can actually get to Playoffs and win unlike Cousins. This would work better if they can actually get a franchise QB to sit behind Smith.

22 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

They screwed it up from the start. They could’ve had cousins for 19mil/year two years ago. Now we’re paying Alex freakin Smith until he’s 39. If they don’t draft a QB with that first round pick the fanbase is going to want Allen’s Head. 

I get you here. If they were certain they would move on from RG III at that time, Redskins should have paid him that. A explanation I come up with is they didn't think he'd be guy, but that price would have been good.

12 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Skins didn’t even contact Kirk or his agent since the season ended. Didn’t even offer him a contract. 

Incompetence. 

Maybe Redskins thought there was no sense in doing that because apparently Cousins wants like $30M/year and wouldn't budge.

11 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

They had all that though for 2 of kirks 3 years. 

Yeah, and that wasn't enough. In 2015, they made Playoffs because Eagles quit on Chip Kelly and had Sam Bradford as their QB. In 2016, Cousins had chance to show he's worth franchise QB money be beating Giants by getting a TD to get to Playoffs and maybe beating Seahawks, but he didn't do any of that. He threw an INT, ending their season, when they were around midfield. Some Skins fans blamed their defense for blowing leads in other games, but actual franchise QBs overcome these hardships.

3 minutes ago, Swifty said:

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

Cousins must be pissed.

He will get paid mega money and have a long term contract in March...I'm sure he is fine.  Bonus is he gets to decide where he wants to go among the suitors.

43 minutes ago, paco said:

I was up fairly late reading it last night.  I was just scrolling through page by page and somehow the thread was outpacing me :lol: 

Yeah, the butt hurt is still going pretty strong this morning.

1 minute ago, SBLs_Sold115 said:

He will get paid mega money and have a long term contract in March...I'm sure he is fine.  Bonus is he gets to decide where he wants to go among the suitors.

He will be fine then for sure, but that was a huge slap in the face DC gave him last night.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He will be fine then for sure, but that was a huge slap in the face DC gave him last night.

Yeah oh well.. He cashed in on 2 Franchise Tags and now Hits unrestricted free agency in his prime.  Probably is glad to get out of there without any more nonsense. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I just saw this over there :lol:

hEgNhix.png

37 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I dont think he eanted to play for the Skins anyway. Watch him take less per year than Smith to get his 'slap' in

What an awful trade for the Redskins.  While I don't think Cousins was the answer, he's still a good and capable QB.  Not a top 5 type guy, but in the better half of the league.  His original demands were not unreasonable... QBs get paid a lot that's a fact of this league.  Just wait until Wentz is due for an extension lol.

But for them to franchise him twice, which probably cost them more money, and then let him walk now for basically nothing in return, is poor management.  To trade for a QB who I think is his equal in terms of what he can do on the field (yes they are different QBs, but overall i think they are about even) but on the downside of his career now, and to pay him a ton of money, is poor management.  Then to have to trade your best slot CB by far and a draft pick to get it done?  Also poor management.

Not that I'm mad, they're in our division.  

This just keeps getting better....

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-cant-trade-kirk-cousins-now-and-heres-why

Redskins might have gotten a pretty good pick in a sign and trade.  Maybe a 2nd?  Now, they have to cross their fingers on the compensatory pick because Cousins is about to be a UFA and the Redskins can't do anything about it.  Today, the Redskins are the laughingstock of the NFL.  Maybe they should get some tips from the Browns on how to handle draft picks.

:roll:

Thank you Andy!  Sticking a washed up Qb on the Skins again!

Holy mother of GAWD!  71 million guaranteed!  The Redskins are INSAAAANE!!!

14 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This just keeps getting better....

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-cant-trade-kirk-cousins-now-and-heres-why

Redskins might have gotten a pretty good pick in a sign and trade.  Maybe a 2nd?  Now, they have to cross their fingers on the compensatory pick because Cousins is about to be a UFA and the Redskins can't do anything about it.  Today, the Redskins are the laughingstock of the NFL.  Maybe they should get some tips from the Browns on how to handle draft picks.

Wait... Today?

Bad for them, good for us. I don't see Alex Smith leading you anywhere. He has, what, 1 or 2 playoff wins his entire career? And losing Kendall Fuller who was a good young CB is really bad for them. And a 3rd round pick on top of that. Andy Reid has fleeced the Redskins once again.

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I couldn't find QBR

You probably shouldn't try to find 'QBR's', only ESPN uses them.

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

I'll do that after we win Sunday, it'll be more fun and more meaningful when I get banned.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll do that after we win Sunday, it'll be more fun and more meaningful when I get banned.

I will get banned over there this week and next, but next weeks banning will be epic.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I will get banned over there this week and next, but next weeks banning will be epic.

I haven't been over there for quite some time, but I'm sure they don't have Flash enabled like the Falcons did back when Vick got bit for Dogfighting. Back then, I trolled them HARD with a flash file set to auto play 'Who Let The Dogs Out'. I posed as a Falcons fan, then I'd pick a very busy thread and once per page, I'd post it. It was a 1 pixel file, which was white so it couldn't be seen (only heard). Every time someone went on the thread, the song would start playing. Drove them CRAZY! lol

I'd do that now, but with the Eagles fight song. lol