downundermike

Alex Smith to Washington

Per Rappaport and the KC Star.  Can not be official until next league year begins in March, but agreed to in principal.

Seems like a smart move for KC, seems pretty stupid for the Redskins though. Unless they plan to draft a QB. Smith is a well used band aid.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Seems like a smart move for KC, seems pretty stupid for the Redskins though. Unless they plan to draft a QB. Smith is a well used band aid.

Good for the Eagles IMO, Smith and crappy receivers.

Yea I read this in the news and thought how is this possible? 

But apparently teams can state their intentions to a trade, but it won't go through until the start of the new league year in March.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Good for the Eagles IMO, Smith and crappy receivers.

Smith had a good year in Andy's system, but what will he do outside of that system?

This reminds me when Andy sent Donovan to the Redskins.    Don't see this as a big upgrade over Cousins.   Heard that it does free up cap space for them so they can probably do more in the free agent market.    Expect Cousins to land in Buffalo, Denver or Arizona.

1 minute ago, GNS_CLFD said:

This reminds me when Andy sent Donovan to the Redskins.    Don't see this as a big upgrade over Cousins.   Heard that it does free up cap space for them so they can probably do more in the free agent market.    Expect Cousins to land in Buffalo, Denver or Arizona.

LOL the Skins are so hopeless. It never gets tiresome laughing at them.

7 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Ok....

.....I’m going to go cry in the fetal position now. You guys have fun with this one. 

This really isn't a great move for your team.    I guess they figure they get Smith for a lot less than they would have to invest to keep Cousins around.

1 minute ago, GNS_CLFD said:

This really isn't a great move for your team.    I guess they figure they get Smith for a lot less than they would have to invest to keep Cousins around.

They screwed it up from the start. They could’ve had cousins for 19mil/year two years ago. Now we’re paying Alex freakin Smith until he’s 39. If they don’t draft a QB with that first round pick the fanbase is going to want Allen’s Head. 

A second round pick and $70 million guaranteed? I see Andy pulled another AJ Feeley to Miami deal. Smith is a good player, but he's not worth all that. I really don't get this move at all.

It can’t really be $70 million in true guarantees. It just can’t be. Even Washington isn’t this stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

A second round pick and $70 million guaranteed? I see Andy pulled another AJ Feeley to Miami deal. Smith is a good player, but he's not worth all that. I really don't get this move at all.

Now being reported as 3rd + player. Your point is still valid