Sign in to follow this  
eagles1966

Those Going To The Game

49 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

If my 5 grand ticket would have gotten me a decent seat I may have been there.  5 grand gets you upper deck end zone. Views better from home

I paid 6,500 for lower level. 20 yard line, less than 20 rows back. Shop around. 

14 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Dr. Connor will remember that and the time you spend with him too.  And he will always be a little scared of you when the Eagles play "because Dad sure does act a little crazy with his Eagles...."

And he will say "Dad, what do you want for your birthday?" "And you will say, Connor, 50 yard line seats for me, you, and I think I want to take that cool MF'er jamiller, who never had any doubt you would be a doctor someday."   

Sir I bow to your wisdom

6 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Kind of messed, that...

At least with Bball and Baseball you can afford a game.

The Superbowl they ruined.

I saw someone say they should build the Superbowl complex in Hawaii.  Let it hold 100k and keep 25,000 tickets at face for the two teams fan bases.  So you blow 5 or 10k but get to go to Hawaii, which is stupidly beautiful. 

The only thing that is as beautiful in pictures as it is in person is Hawaii and when I saw Cindy Crawford live in person. 

She stepped out of the car at the Kids Choice Awards and I was backstage (first wife was a media person (and horrible shrew-I'm kidding)) and the air was sucked out of the OUTDOOR venue.  NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY LIFE and am not and was not a Cindy fan.  But she was STAGGERINGLY BEAUTIFUL.  Even the famous people froze for a beat.  It was the coolest thing. 

And then I got to sit next to Ellen Barkin about 5 years after she did that New Orleans movie...and yes I did flirt with her for like 90 minutes.  I told her she was smoking hot and she grabbed my arm and kissed my cheek SEVERAL TIMES.  She was with her kid and I was with my stepson so I did not get laid.  Yes, that is the only reason.  Man, Ellen Barkin had it going on....     

Not with your D and USCG pushing...

yikes.jpg

4 minutes ago, Captain F said:

yikes.jpg

Time is unkind to women.    

I'll just try to look at it this way. If Eagles win I'll be so happy that I won't care if I saw it at the north pole. If they lose I can go at least I kept my money.

10 minutes ago, Captain F said:

yikes.jpg

Related image

About 5 years after this give or take.

Prices are sliding back down now

@Captain F I just bought a $250 one way flight out of Minny to Tampa on Monday afternoon.  Not sure what flights going in look like though, I’m flying into Chi and carpooling with friends (4 Patriots fans :/). Check hipmunk.com for lowest prices.

I still need a game ticket, just one.  If anyone knows anyone or has an extra they can part with let me know.. I’ll pay a competitive rate if I have to, just want to avoid service fees (which are $700-$800 typically ugh).  Right now lowest I’ve found is $3,500 upper deck Eagles side.  I’m holding out for $3k or under if I can.

15 minutes ago, Hoagie said:

Prices are sliding back down now

@Captain F I just bought a $250 one way flight out of Minny to Tampa on Monday afternoon.  Not sure what flights going in look like though, I’m flying into Chi and carpooling with friends (4 Patriots fans :/). Check hipmunk.com for lowest prices.

I still need a game ticket, just one.  If anyone knows anyone or has an extra they can part with let me know.. I’ll pay a competitive rate if I have to, just want to avoid service fees (which are $700-$800 typically ugh).  Right now lowest I’ve found is $3,500 upper deck Eagles side.  I’m holding out for $3k or under if I can.

We are in the same boat as far as tickets go.  I can't find a round trip ticket for Saturday/ Monday. Its crazy

29 minutes ago, Captain F said:

We are in the same boat as far as tickets go.  I can't find a round trip ticket for Saturday/ Monday. Its crazy

Did you try two one-ways?  I got the Spirit flight  out of Minny off Expedia for Monday mid afternoon.  That way I have enough time to get out of there the next day.

But Id imagine getting there is costly.  I’d personally try Hipmunk out of Tampa, St Pete, Lauderdale, Miami.  Fortunately us Floridians have many options which I’m sure you know.

You might also want to consider flying into a nearby city and rent a car.  I know a few people doing that, including myself.  Chicago was dirt cheap - $50 one way flight.  6 1/2 hour drive on Saturday though.  I’d look at Des Moines and Milwaukee.  Never know, you might snag something last minute now.

Let me know how it goes.  If you come across a set of game tix with an extra seat you need to fill, I’ll go in on it with you.  I’ll be checking this board periodically tomorrow and most frequently Saturday during the drive up.

27 minutes ago, Hoagie said:

Did you try two one-ways?  I got the Spirit flight  out of Minny off Expedia for Monday mid afternoon.  That way I have enough time to get out of there the next day.

But Id imagine getting there is costly.  I’d personally try Hipmunk out of Tampa, St Pete, Lauderdale, Miami.  Fortunately us Floridians have many options which I’m sure you know.

You might also want to consider flying into a nearby city and rent a car.  I know a few people doing that, including myself.  Chicago was dirt cheap - $50 one way flight.  6 1/2 hour drive on Saturday though.  I’d look at Des Moines and Milwaukee.  Never know, you might snag something last minute now.

Let me know how it goes.  If you come across a set of game tix with an extra seat you need to fill, I’ll go in on it with you.  I’ll be checking this board periodically tomorrow and most frequently Saturday during the drive up.

I think I have the flights figured out. I can do Spirit friday or saturday out of Ft.Myers, then fly back from minny/stpaul on Sun Country on Monday late afternoon. about $500 round trip. I have ebay, tickpick, and stubhub constantly being refreshed. I would like to NOT be in the 300 level, and also be UNDER 4k for a ticket. I have found a few single tickets right in the ballpark, but am holding out. If I find a paid that seems like a killer deal, I will PM you. 

I feel utterly lucky that I can drive to the game and skip airfare altogether.  It made a $3650 ticket that much more affordable, and the seat I scored is not a bad angle at all (section 337, quartering angle on the Eagles sideline).

pBizdM.png

I’m taking my whole family up to the NFL Experience at Mall of America on Saturday.  We’ll grab dinner and do other family stuff before I break off.

On game day, I’ll be at the StubHub Live: Field House event for ticket customers during pre-game...

https://www.stubhub.com/ultimate-pregame/

The plan is to meet up with citysims21 and some guys from the Green Legion.   Once I get my lanyard and drink tickets, I’ll do some mingling with the former NFL’ers that will be there (Randall!) and then head to the stadium and see what’s going on in the main event area before grabbing my seat.

Stoked doesn’t begin to describe it.

4 minutes ago, Captain F said:

I think I have the flights figured out. I can do Spirit friday or saturday out of Ft.Myers, then fly back from minny/stpaul on Sun Country on Monday late afternoon. about $500 round trip. I have ebay, tickpick, and stubhub constantly being refreshed. I would like to NOT be in the 300 level, and also be UNDER 4k for a ticket. I have found a few single tickets right in the ballpark, but am holding out. If I find a paid that seems like a killer deal, I will PM you. 

I am actually excited for both of you kind of doing it seat of the pants.  keep us posted here how it works out for you both.  Like a travelogue for some of us deskbound fans.  

17 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I am actually excited for both of you kind of doing it seat of the pants.  keep us posted here how it works out for you both.  Like a travelogue for some of us deskbound fans.  

Will do! If the stars align just right, it will happen.

18 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I feel utterly lucky that I can drive to the game and skip airfare altogether.  It made a $3650 ticket that much more affordable, and the seat I scored is not a bad angle at all (section 337, quartering angle on the Eagles sideline).

I’m taking my whole family up to the NFL Experience at Mall of America on Saturday.  We’ll grab dinner and do other family stuff before i break off.

On game day, I’ll be at the StubHub Live: Field House event for ticket customers pre-game...

The plan is to meet up with citysims21 and some guys from the Green Legion.   Once I get my lanyard and drink tickets, do some mingling with the former NFL’ers that will be there (Randall!) and then head to the stadium and see what’s going on in the main event area before grabbing my seat.

That sounds like a stellar plan!  

17 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

pBizdM.png

I’m taking my whole family up to the NFL Experience at Mall of America on Saturday.  We’ll grab dinner and do other family stuff before i break off.

On game day, I’ll be at the StubHub Live: Field House event for ticket customers pre-game...

The plan is to meet up with citysims21 and some guys from the Green Legion.   Once I get my lanyard and drink tickets, do some mingling with the former NFL’ers that will be there (Randall!) and then head to the stadium and see what’s going on in the main event area before grabbing my seat.

Very cool.  I met Randall like 5 times, which I have posted here.  Totally nice guy.

I NEVER rooted so hard for another team as I did the year he lost his F'ing mind with the vikes.  That was great but for the finish and not his fault AT ALL. 

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

Thanks, man!  The kids are super excited, and my 10 year-old is wearing her Eagles gear to class tomorrow to talk smack to some Pats fan kids in her class and brag that she’ll be in Min y for the game.  I’m all for it.

Like jamiller, I’m pretty impressed by the way you’re gonna swing it.  That’s exactly the kind of trip I would do if I was a little younger and didn’t have the uncertainty of military life looming over my plans.  As it is, I have to deploy shortly after the game and got lucky as hell that it worked out at all.

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

What the hell...now it has to happen.  I have no life but work, kids sports, the gym and the Eagles.  Dammit you have to go and send photos and meet hot chicks (unless you are married of course) and drink huge containers of booze and go visit that lesbian bar I mentioned in another post (sorry I mean that Vikes fan hot spot) and get invited to a private party and some other crap.  WHAT THE HELL MAN, WE NEED TO GO TO THIS GAME.....

4 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Very cool.  I met Randall like 5 times, which I have posted here.  Totally nice guy.

I NEVER rooted so hard for another team as I did the year he lost his F'ing mind with the vikes.  That was great but for the finish and not his fault AT ALL. 

That’s really cool!  That’s a true privilege to meet a guy like him not just once, but multiple times.  Just like you, me and my best friend were loving every minute of his massive resurgence with Minny.

We lived in Las Vegas for 3.5 years, right up the block from Randall’s church. Ironically enough, only my wife ever made it to one of his church services and got to see him in person.  I’ve met Nick Foles and Jason Kelce before, but never Randall.  Should be a great time.

Just now, MIRV Griffen said:

That’s really cool!  That’s a true privilege to meet a guy like him not just once, but multiple times.  Just like you, me and my best friend were loving every minute of his massive resurgence with Minny.

We lived in Las Vegas for 3.5 years, right up the block from Randall’s church. Ironically enough, only my wife ever made it to one of his church services and got to see him in person.  I’ve met Nick Foles and Jason Kelce before, but never Randall.  Should be a great time.

I would always see him in the airport or on a plane between LV and LA.

And once in AZ that I wont bore the Board with the story again but it was hilarious.

His daughter is quite the bad-@ss athlete too.

Thanks for your hard work for our Nation's well being.  Us civilians don't really have something better to say than "thanks for your service" (and to vote for as many benefits as the 'dips@@ts in congress will put forth for our military men and women.)    

30 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

pBizdM.png

I’m green with envy. Enjoy the experience! I could have so easily been at this SB but I’ve been loose as F with my money over the last two years. I’m now inspired to change my spending habits for the better 

5 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Wife just gave the Green Light............   :o

She's a keeper.  

10 hours ago, Captain F said:

I may be willing to go that high for a lower level ticket as well

9 hours ago, Captain F said:

Wife just gave the Green Light............   :o

Do it!!!!  My old lady didn’t even bat an eye when I passed the idea of buying a ticket by her and that’s why we’re together.  You’ve got a keeper, buddy.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:18 PM, Green_Guinness said:

What's in the kegerator?

Beer duh!

:P