Sign in to follow this  
eagles1966

Those Going To The Game

On 2/1/2018 at 10:38 PM, GoBirds2015 said:

I’m green with envy. Enjoy the experience! I could have so easily been at this SB but I’ve been loose as F with my money over the last two years. I’m now inspired to change my spending habits for the better 

Thanks a lot!

We bought a house last year and put a lot of cash down to drop the interest rate, but made it a point to stash cash again and replenish it.  That said, it was close, but our inbound tax return (and not having to fly) made it possible.

Get creative and save up again.  There’s no doubt that this won’t be the Eagles last time to the big dance in the next decade.

@Captain F - I hope you decided to go. I get not trying to spend money on frivolous things, but spending money on experiences you'll never forget is always worth it, provided you have enough extra cash laying around for it. And I'm pretty sure ya do.

15 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I feel utterly lucky that I can drive to the game and skip airfare altogether.  It made a $3650 ticket that much more affordable, and the seat I scored is not a bad angle at all (section 337, quartering angle on the Eagles sideline).

pBizdM.png

I’m taking my whole family up to the NFL Experience at Mall of America on Saturday.  We’ll grab dinner and do other family stuff before I break off.

On game day, I’ll be at the StubHub Live: Field House event for ticket customers during pre-game...

https://www.stubhub.com/ultimate-pregame/

The plan is to meet up with citysims21 and some guys from the Green Legion.   Once I get my lanyard and drink tickets, do some mingling with the former NFL’ers that will be there (Randall!) and then head to the stadium and see what’s going on in the main event area before grabbing my seat.

Stoked doesn’t begin to describe it.

I will be in 331.

3 minutes ago, eagles1966 said:

I will be in 331.

Oh, snap!  Shoot me a PM when you get to your seat.  I’ll be checking my PMs here regularly once I get in there.

1 minute ago, immrbaldwin said:

There's a crazy woman around here with a hotel room you can crash at.

I might have to ask for her info. I am holding off clicking the BUY buttons on airfare and game ticket because there are no hotels available... I dont want to sleep in the airport.

21 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Tickets/Air/Hotel BOOKED!!!!  

Enjoy mate. Let us know how it goes (not the game of course) ;)

On 2/2/2018 at 5:06 PM, Captain F said:

Tickets/Air/Hotel BOOKED!!!!  

Cheer your head off and take lots of pictures  :thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, nveagle5 said:

I just met Vince Papale and Tony Bruno at SB party.

VP is good friends with a high school football coach in Utah that i know well.  he went out to talk to his team before they WON state champs.  He is also a huge Eagles fan largely because of his friendship with Vince.

6 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

I’m in downtown Minny right now about the enter the NFL Experience.  About 80% Eagles fans seen thus far.

Exciting. I (we) appreciate the play by play.  

5 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Exciting. I (we) appreciate the play by play.  

No sweat!  This play is buzzing.  Mall of America is a zoo, but still worth seeing if you’ve never been.

Timmy Jernigan just walked by me in Mall of America on his way back to the hotel.  He looks healthy and to be in good spirits.

I'm at the mall now.  Its packed. Met Arthur Blank earlier today at the Westin. In all seriousness,  there are 100 eagles fans walking around to every 1 Pats fan. Its crazy 

Just met an Eagle fan and his son who were lucky winners in a Super Bowl giveaway.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:38 PM, vikas83 said:

Going to make my way to the stadium around 2pm. Try and stay warm somewhere. Any recommendations?

Vikes way to go getting there

i hear security is going to be tough. How much time are you allowing to get into the stadium?

Enjoy the game and your trip

On 1/31/2018 at 10:28 PM, Captain F said:

The weather I can deal with. But this is my current issue...

Flights $500 x 2

Hotel $ 900

Tickets $4-5k x 2

Im looking at 10k~    I just dont know if i can justify it. 

use your trump tax cut money or just write it off as a business expense

3 minutes ago, krwilson2 said:

use your trump tax cut money or just write it off as a business expense

We try to leave politics in CVON (Conflicting Views and Other News), that way discussions don't stray from important issues like Eagles Football.

Besides, the tax cuts are for next tax season, not this tax season.

2 hours ago, Captain F said:

I'm at the mall now.  Its packed. Met Arthur Blank earlier today at the Westin. In all seriousness,  there are 100 eagles fans walking around to every 1 Pats fan. Its crazy 

I’m observing the exact same thing and praying that most of the green I’m seeing will be in the stadium tomorrow.  It will be a home game on the road like the Rams game was.