Sign in to follow this  
eagles1966

Those Going To The Game

Any fans meeting anyplace before hand? With my ticket came a pregame entry ticket from 1-4PM Central Time at Erik The Red Sports Bar next to the stadium.

19 minutes ago, eagles1966 said:

Any fans meeting anyplace before hand? With my ticket came a pregame entry ticket from 1-4PM Central Time at Erik The Red Sports Bar next to the stadium.

That is a reknown ladies only lesbian bar.  Oh wait, it is a Vikes fan bar.  So easy to confuse the two.

48 minutes ago, jamiller said:

That is a reknown ladies only lesbian bar.  Oh wait, it is a Vikes fan bar.  So easy to confuse the two.

:excited:

2 hours ago, eagles1966 said:

I'll be doing Super Bowl Live from noon-three.  Probably bar hopping, etc.

Going to make my way to the stadium around 2pm. Try and stay warm somewhere. Any recommendations?

32 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Going to make my way to the stadium around 2pm. Try and stay warm somewhere. Any recommendations?

Buy lots of hand and foot warmers.  There will be plenty of places to drink and warm up before you get to the stadium.... but once you are there... your going inside... no parties outside unless you have vip tickets to a tent event. 

6 minutes ago, DebtFreeExpress.com said:

Buy lots of hand and foot warmers.  There will be plenty of places to drink and warm up before you get to the stadium.... but once you are there... your going inside... no parties outside unless you have vip tickets to a tent event. 

Working on getting into one of those events. Otherwise, may just stay at the hotel longer. 

Ugghhh.. i cant ukn decide... stay home and throw a party, or fly to minny from south florida and splurge.... 

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

What's in the kegerator?

Coors

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

Ugghhh.. i cant ukn decide... stay home and throw a party, or fly to minny from south florida and splurge.... 

South Florida 70 degrees. Minny 7 lol

4 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Coors

South Florida 70 degrees. Minny 7 lol

The weather I can deal with. But this is my current issue...

Flights $500 x 2

Hotel $ 900

Tickets $4-5k x 2

Im looking at 10k~    I just dont know if i can justify it. 

2 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Flights $500 x 2

Hotel $ 900

Tickets $4-5k x 2

I thought about it I really did. But with 2 kids one that needs braces and a wife with new ownership at her job I couldn't justify draining my savings. But I got a kegerator and a new tv instead for my garage. Compromise I guess.

5 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Flights $500 x 2

Hotel $ 900

Tickets $4-5k x 2

Lose the wife

1 minute ago, Uscg-Green said:

I thought about it I really did. But with 2 kids one that needs braces and a wife with new ownership at her job I couldn't justify draining my savings. But I got a kegerator and a new tv instead for my garage. Compromise I guess.

Just now, Captain F said:

Wife isnt going.  Was going to take my Dad.

Very cool.  Do it. 

My Pops passed.  He and his Dad (gramps) are WHY I am an Eagles fan.  

5 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Ditch the braces.  Give them rubber bands. 

Keep the employed wife, kegerator and tv. 

Send the savings to me so I can go to the game with Captain F and his Dad.  

Just now, jamiller said:

Literally laughed out loud at this

7 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I'm hoping Connor gets his expensive braces grows up becomes a Doctor and remembers how awesome his dad is as he's looking at his perfect teeth and takes me 50 yard line super bowl. Hey it could happen

18 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

I'm hoping Connor gets his expensive braces grows up becomes a Doctor and remembers how awesome his dad is as he's looking at his perfect teeth and takes me 50 yard line super bowl. Hey it could happen

Dr. Connor will remember that and the time you spend with him too.  And he will always be a little scared of you when the Eagles play "because Dad sure does act a little crazy with his Eagles...."

And he will say "Dad, what do you want for your birthday?" "And you will say, Connor, 50 yard line seats for me, you, and I think I want to take that cool MF'er jamiller, who never had any doubt you would be a doctor someday."   

47 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Flights $500 x 2

Hotel $ 900

Tickets $4-5k x 2

Super Bowl in Miami in 2 years.  Eagles will be there, with Wentz starting. Save your money for that one.

29 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Truth is most fans that love this game the most are priced out unless we wanna drain our savings.

Kind of messed, that...

At least with Bball and Baseball you can afford a game.

The Superbowl they ruined.

I saw someone say they should build the Superbowl complex in Hawaii.  Let it hold 100k and keep 25,000 tickets at face for the two teams fan bases.  So you blow 5 or 10k but get to go to Hawaii, which is stupidly beautiful. 

The only thing that is as beautiful in pictures as it is in person is Hawaii and when I saw Cindy Crawford live in person. 

She stepped out of the car at the Kids Choice Awards and I was backstage (first wife was a media person (and horrible shrew-I'm kidding)) and the air was sucked out of the OUTDOOR venue.  NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY LIFE and am not and was not a Cindy fan.  But she was STAGGERINGLY BEAUTIFUL.  Even the famous people froze for a beat.  It was the coolest thing. 

And then I got to sit next to Ellen Barkin about 5 years after she did that New Orleans movie...and yes I did flirt with her for like 90 minutes.  I told her she was smoking hot and she grabbed my arm and kissed my cheek SEVERAL TIMES.  She was with her kid and I was with my stepson so I did not get laid.  Yes, that is the only reason.  Man, Ellen Barkin had it going on....