Scrapple

London Game vs. Jags October 2018 - What to do in London?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

And yes beers at the pubs are room temperature warm.  

Now that's not strictly true. All depends where you go. The newer microbreweries tend to get it right. 

Also, pants here are underwear not trousers and fanny is not your bum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Now that's not strictly true. All depends where you go. The newer microbreweries tend to get it right. 

Also, pants here are underwear not trousers and fanny is not your bum. 

I had local co-workers take me to legit old pubs, not modern places so i got the warm stuff. :lol:

Then I went to Dublin, those are my people. They can pour a pint!

I do like Fuller's London Pride though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I had local co-workers take me to legit old pubs, not modern places so i got the warm stuff. :lol:

Then I went to Dublin, those are my people. They can pour a pint!

I do like Fuller's London Pride though.

Ah yeah see you need to get on the pub crawl with me my friend. I'll find you good beer. 

I'm actually off to Dublin in October for the first time so I'll see it for myself. 

Ooh OK you're a ale man as opposed to an IPA man are you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ah yeah see you need to get on the pub crawl with me my friend. I'll find you good beer. 

I'm actually off to Dublin in October for the first time so I'll see it for myself. 

Ooh OK you're a ale man as opposed to an IPA man are you? 

Yes. Ales, lagers. I don't like OPA's. Mostly I drink whisky & bourbon, sometimes gin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2018 at 7:20 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Now that's not strictly true. All depends where you go. The newer microbreweries tend to get it right. 

Also, pants here are underwear not trousers and fanny is not your bum. 

And a growler is not something you carry beer in! On the plus side just about every shop sells  beer, wines and spirits, you don't need to use a separate check out either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, England4Eagles said:

And a growler is not something you carry beer in! On the plus side just about every shop sells  beer, wines and spirits, you don't need to use a separate check out either.

You can get beer and wine in the supermarkets in the US bud? Just not your spirits but I quite like that. Not as convenient I'll give you that. And yes a growler definitely isn't something you carry beer in! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can get beer and wine in the supermarkets in the US bud? Just not your spirits but I quite like that. Not as convenient I'll give you that. And yes a growler definitely isn't something you carry beer in! ?

I don’t know about all states, but in Washington state you can buy booze in the supermarket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I don’t know about all states, but in Washington state you can buy booze in the supermarket.

In florida you can buy beer and wine in the supermarket but liquor has to be bought at the liquor store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 7:22 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can get beer and wine in the supermarkets in the US bud? Just not your spirits but I quite like that. Not as convenient I'll give you that. And yes a growler definitely isn't something you carry beer in! ?

In PA, as of last year, you can buy alcohol in a very few stores but you need to use a separate check out which is a pain but easier than going to multiple stores. Before that, it was pretty much just the state owned liquor stores only. Licenses were difficult and expensive for restaurants hence why there are so many BYOB in Philly.  Can buy beer to take home in sealed containers from bars or you can take your growler in to be filled up and taken home for later use ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are pubs pretty much everywhere, you don't really need to choose one, especially if you're more central.

For any Harry Potter fans, there's the Warner Brothers studio tour (plus the trolley at King's Cross Platform 93/4)

West End shows

Hampton Court Palace is a bit further out but the home of Henry VIII (if anyone does go, let me know, my mate works there so might be able to sort out a behind the scenes look)

There are loads of rooftop bars, you don't need to go to the famous ones necessarily

You can walk across the O2 arena

I work in construction, on a tower in East London, I'm not supposed to but could let a couple of people onto site to see the view across town

You can go swimming in the aquatics centre in Stratford where the Olympics was held in 2012

Go for some cockney pie and mash (with liqour and jellied eels)

Plus you've got all the stuff that I'm sure you've all heard of (Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tower Bridge etc), I'm trying to think of things off the beaten track a little bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now