DebtFreeExpress.com

Get in the door SB tickets night before game $2500

Ok, the night before the game, get in the door nose bleed tickets can be had for $2,500 on stubhub, down from a high of $5,000

If I was half my age, I'd start driving from VA right now and be able to make it by game time (given any weather issues)

I will remember the night before game price drop... when we are play SB 53 in Atlanta next year.

Go buy a vendors uniform at a second hand store and sneak your way in as a delivery person, and if they catch you go to the bar across the street to watch the game

They were saying that 2 things happened this year that were hurting ticket sales this year.  

1) Minnesota fans bought a ton of them after the saints game.  Then were reselling them at a discount after the eagles beat them.  There were a lot of cases were people took 1000+$ losses.

2) the Super Bowl is largely a corporate event these days.  No big wigs want to take there family, co workers, entourage or whoever to Minnesota for a week in -2 degree weather.  I have heard that vegas is sold out on the entire strip. People are going there instead.

2 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

They were saying that 2 things happened this year that were hurting ticket sales this year.  

1) Minnesota fans bought a ton of them after the saints game.  Then were reselling them at a discount after the eagles beat them.  There were a lot of cases were people took 1000+$ losses.

2) the Super Bowl is largely a corporate event these days.  No big wigs want to take there family, co workers, entourage or whoever to Minnesota for a week in -2 degree weather.  I have heard that vegas is sold out on the entire strip. People are going there instead.

And Vegas should have had a permanent stadium for the super bowl that they could have used for other shows throughout the year. But with da raiders going there they won't be able to do that.

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

And Vegas should have had a permanent stadium for the super bowl that they could have used for other shows throughout the year. But with da raiders going there they won't be able to do that.

Tables at the clubs are more expensive then seats at the super bowl.

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

They can and should play the Super Bowl at the Raiders Stadium. (not every year, but in rotation like New Orleans)

Just now, skippyx said:

They can and should play the Super Bowl at the Raiders Stadium. (not every year, but in rotation like New Orleans)

Yea they will but having a permanent site is a better idea I think. It's easier for fans to plan, you wouldn't have to worry about the weather, and there would be tons of activities to do even for families assuming they pick vegas. 

I have been watching them all day long DebtFreeExpress.... Asked all my Eagle buddies in Richmond if anyone wanted to go and carpool tonight.... If we can make it back in the future I will definitely be going just because I know the ticket prices are going to be manageable by game time!!!

3 minutes ago, jeb5bu said:

I have been watching them all day long DebtFreeExpress.... Asked all my Eagle buddies in Richmond if anyone wanted to go and carpool tonight.... If we can make it back in the future I will definitely be going just because I know the ticket prices are going to be manageable by game time!!!

The point I was trying to make is that isn’t likely to be the norm.  I wouldn’t count on prices dropping so much like this every year.  No one wants to spend any length of time in Minnesota in February.  It’s old hat to NE folk.  It’s left to a few corporate folk and whatever Philly fans can afford it.  It’s not the two week all out party that it normally is with a mad  grab for tickets when the music stops.

37 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea they will but having a permanent site is a better idea I think. It's easier for fans to plan, you wouldn't have to worry about the weather, and there would be tons of activities to do even for families assuming they pick vegas. 

Weather isn't always that great this time of year out there

19 minutes ago, jeb5bu said:

I’m in midlothian. You never asked me!!

If the NFL was smart they would rotate between Kyle field, Neyland, and tiger stadium.  All college stadiums,  all down south (Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana), all hold over 102,000 people as opposed to this year where they can only fit 66,600 and change.

8 hours ago, wildturtle said:

If the NFL was smart they would rotate between Kyle field, Neyland, and tiger stadium.  All college stadiums,  all down south (Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana), all hold over 102,000 people as opposed to this year where they can only fit 66,600 and change.

The SB is usually held in a big city. I doubt they would ever hold a SB in one of those college towns down south with the exception of Miami, Atlanta, or New Orleans.

Build a stadium.  Get the Super Bowl.  Minneapolis is new construction.  So is Atlanta next year.  It’s how billionaire owners reward each other.  The convenience for the fans has nothing to do with it.

9 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yeah ive that there should be a permanent venue for the ncaa ship/pro bowl/superbowl in a warm spot without a team as well. 

25 minutes ago, PopsG said:

The SB is usually held in a big city. I doubt they would ever hold a SB in one of those college towns down south with the exception of Miami, Atlanta, or New Orleans.

Tennesse is knoxville...not a small city, texas is near austin not a small city...dallas and houston are both huge like really huge. Not sure if youve been down south much but these cities arent small. 

5 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Build a stadium.  Get the Super Bowl.  Minneapolis is new construction.  So is Atlanta next year.  It’s how billionaire owners reward each other.  The convenience for the fans has nothing to do with it.

Exactly they are not going to build these billion dollar stadiums and then hold the super bowl in a college stadium

Guys asking to buy ticket stubs for $20 after game.   I said my stub was worth $2,000 if you want it.

On 2/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, bobbywizdum said:

Tennesse is knoxville...not a small city, texas is near austin not a small city...dallas and houston are both huge like really huge. Not sure if youve been down south much but these cities arent small. 

There were issues of not having enough hotel rooms in Jacksonville in 2005, to the point where they had to bring in cruise ships to use as hotels.   Knoxville isn't too small of a city, but it is too small to host one of the biggest sporting events in the world.

There are plenty of hotel rooms in Nashville. It is a destination, much more than Knoxville. If Neyland hosted a Super Bowl, people would be buying hotel rooms in Nashville.  Better yet, if Nashville upgraded its stadium, it could be a likely bid to host a Super Bowl instead. Also, I don't think NFL wants its guests traveling that far. There wouldn't be as many people at its festivities the week before. The Super Bowl is more like a week long convention than a one-day event. 

NFL isn't interested in filling out a 100,000 seat college stadium for a Super Bowl. They'd rather sellout a 70,000 seat NFL stadium than risk having empty seats or cheap tickets. Super Bowl host cities get a ROI for hosting a Super Bowl; the NFL owners are colluding to keep it in their cities.