The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

12 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

So the patriots lose to a team without it's starting HOF LT, it's all pro RB, it's starting MLB, it's best special teams player, and it's starting QB.......

and pats fans are whining about what??

NE fans are arrogant a-- holes....who gives a f---- what they're complaining about......they got beat, plain and simple.  

What's far more interesting now is the downstream effect the loss is having on the Pats franchise.  It is literally a soap opera up here right now. 

1 hour ago, BostonBlackie said:

In all seriousness, I'm just playing. You guys won the game fair and square. 

You made the important play at the right time. 

020418superbowlms506.jpg?itok=VXiIch00

Eff off go play with your momma!

3 hours ago, BostonBlackie said:

Hmmm, what about this? 

imrs.jpeg

Were you expecting him to keep both feet in for the entire duration of the catch? 

33 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

This gets better and better.  Butler just released a statement denying that he did anything wrong or missed any curfews.  Apparently, Brady just liked it on Instagram.  This couldn't be any better!!!!

https://985thesportshub.com/2018/02/06/malcolm-butler-statement-super-bowl/

This is all just media noise and ppl looking for an excuse as to why the Patriots loss. It's starting to piss me off little by little but I'm trying to keep self control. The Eagles led the league in TD passes. The eagles were top 10 in offense all together. Top 4 in rushing. Defense was top 10. Pats on the other hand defensively the only thing they can hang their hats on is being ranked high in points allowed. Doesn't mean u can't be scored on and it definitely doesn't mean the ball wasn't going to be moved against this 31st ranked defense. So easily their fans forget you loss to the Dolphins of all teams with Jay Cutler out playing Brady. I'm sure Butler was in the game, actually he was getting thrashed lol. I hate the media, all stats go out of the window except the ones they need to prove their argument. You would think if Malcom Butler played it would have been like facing the 2000 Ravens and as far as needing someone to make a play. I'm pretty sure foles threw a interception. Pretty sure they missed a FG and a XP. Last but not least after all that the team could have went down the field and still won the game. Brady fumbled, it's not our job to let them guys win the game while we sit back and watch. I guess no one wants to acknowledge that. If he had of scored and they won just I can't even imagine the story lines and don't want to. Give this team some damn credit. No starting QB, no Hof LT, no top 10 starting MLB, no Sproles and their complaining about missing a CB on a **** defense.  What else do they want!!! 

2 minutes ago, IINorthStar said:

This is all just media noise and ppl looking for an excuse as to why the Patriots loss. It's starting to puss me off little by little but I'm trying to keep self control. The Eagles led the league in TD passes. The eagles were top 10 in offense all together. Top 4 in rushing. Defense was top 10. Pats on the other hand defensively the only thing they can hang their hats on is being ranked high in points allowed. Doesn't mean u can't be scored on and it definitely doesn't mean the ball wasn't going to be moved against this 31st ranked defense. So easily their fans forget you loss to the Dolphins of all teams with Jay Cutler out playing Brady. I'm sure Butler was in the game, actually he was getting thrashed lol. I hate the media, all stats go out of the window except the ones they need to prove their argument. You would think if Malcom Butler played it would have been like facing the 2000 Ravens and as far as needing someone to make a play. I'm pretty sure foles threw a interception. Pretty sure they missed a FG and a XP. Last but not least after all that the team could have went down the field and still won the game. Brady fumbled, it's not our job to let them guys win the game while we sit back and watch. I guess no one wants to acknowledge that. If he had of scored and they won just I can't even imagine the story lines and don't want to. Give this team some damn credit. No starting QB, no Hof LT, no top 10 starting MLB, no Sproles and their complaining about missing a CB on a **** defense.  What else do they want!!! 

I don't think so.  I think its Bill legitimately losing the locker room. They are falling apart.  I've been up here 20 years, I've never heard the media and fans ravage Bill like this.

5 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

I don't think so.  I think its Bill legitimately losing the locker room. They are falling apart.  I've been up here 20 years, I've never heard the media and fans ravage Bill like this.

That's my point though they've never had to because the other teams bailed the Pat's out. Atlanta should have beat the Pat's, and definitely the Seahawks. See what happens when you don't run the ball for four quarters. 

5 hours ago, Luvva said:

I hadn't seen THIS....

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/05/eagles-pass-interference-patriots-super-bowl-final-play-hail-mary/

Tainted title, I guess....refs throwing the game because they wanted the Eagles to win.   LOL

So, I guess the Eagles still haven't actually earned their first Lombardi?   How could you fans accept such a bogus outcome?   Will there be an asterisk * next to this "win"?

See how all the haters have sounded, lo these many years and titles?  HaHa

Sorry, but PI can't be called until the ball is thrown. At best, you may be able to argue illegal contact, but even that would depend on Brady's position at the time. If that contact occurred after he left the pocket, then illegal contact is negated too. Plus, Gronk gave Mills, I believe, a shove before he reached the endzone. Offsetting fouls at best. Game still over.

On 05/02/2018 at 1:33 PM, Northern Green Wings said:

And then one on the 2 point convert to Clement, where he clearly gets hit before the ball gets there.. and right infront of a ref and no 

This was the worst, cant believe the refs chose to let er play.

2 hours ago, Bram Sadford said:

Were you expecting him to keep both feet in for the entire duration of the catch? 

If David Tyree can hold a ball on his helmet, why cant he catch the ball and then readjust? The third step is mute, to me the ball os readjusted after the catch. Doesnt look like he bobbles it.

4 hours ago, vic92353 said:

Did you see how many non calls for PI on the Eagles receivers from the Patriots?  Check the play in the End zone on Jeffery.  The Patriots Defender clearly had the inside of Jefferies Jersey and that's just one. 

I recall seeing Jeffs arm being held on the interception play as well. And yes that redzone throw his jersey was held so he couldnt make a play on the ball.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:47 PM, wildturtle said:

Just witnessed the death of a dynasty.  Both coordinators gone.  Not a huge deal we all belichek is the brains there.  The big thing is players are starting to question the organization.  Openly questioning belichek’s benching of Butler.  Reports earlier that Brady was upset with the way his personal trainer was treated. 

I was just thinking about how things may have come full circle . . . arguably the birth of this "dynasty" was from enforcement of a "tuck rule", on a play created by a Wolverine (Woodson).  Quite possibly the end of this "dynasty" was from the lack of enforcement of this "tuck rule", also on a play created by a Wolverine (Graham).

4 hours ago, The Norseman said:

From Philly, live in RI.  Big difference. Sometimes people leave their home when a good job opportunity comes along.  Bostonians wouldn't understand that.

You didn't know you're supposed to live in one place your whole life?  WTF is wrong with you???   :P

38 minutes ago, Luvva said:

LOL.....Jack you don't know jack.  AFC East was tougher than that trainwreck the Eagles play in and this year managed to give them a top seed in the POs!  Try to get your facts straight before running your mouth and embarrassing yourself.

Dude the Patriots play in one of the crappiest divisions and have for a loonnnggg time. When have any of the other teams been good? They have a cake walk into the playoffs every year and then play teams like the Titans when they do get to the playoffs. Have to rely on the refs winning them games against teams like the Jags and have asterisks next to what 4 of their superbowl titles for cheating? Everyone knows they cheated except for you patsy fans. What a joke. How long are you gonna hang around here trying to talk trash that doesn't even hold water? Go cry on your own board about how Tom crybaby Brady should have won and make up excuses to make yourself feel better. You're pathetic honestly.

58 minutes ago, Luvva said:

LOL.....Jack you don't know jack.  AFC East was tougher than that trainwreck the Eagles play in and this year managed to give them a top seed in the POs!  Try to get your facts straight before running your mouth and embarrassing yourself.

Oh Reallly???  Since the realignment in 2003 the combined number of times teams made the playoffs is...

NFC East 24

AFC East 20

Two of those years the NFC East had 3 teams in the playoffs.  2006 & 2007.  

On 2/5/2018 at 3:54 PM, devaster said:

Every player on both teams were committing PI on the hail mary. Can't call OPI or DPI on a hail mary. Gronk was routinely pushing off with that big shoulder brace of his. The Patriots OL had a bunch of holds leading to 7s+ in the pocket for Brady and big plays. Refs called a weak defensive holding on us in the 2nd quarter on 3rd down after the INT to maintain the momentum for the Patriots. They scored 7 after the refs gifted them the momentum to continue that drive.

Jeffery's arm was being held on that play that led to the INT. Let them play? Jeffery had to make an attempt at a one-handed catch because he only had one arm to use. DPI not called.

For the most part the refs were keeping the flags in their pockets outside of those two really weak defensive holds calls. Gronk flopped on his.

I had those two plays in my head too. Alshon’s arm was pinned to his side by corner which caused him to stab at it with his other arm. 

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

So the patriots lose to a team without it's starting HOF LT, it's all pro RB, it's starting MLB, it's best special teams player, and it's starting QB.......

and pats fans are whining about what??

NE fans are arrogant a-- holes....who gives a f---- what they're complaining about......they got beat, plain and simple.  

exactly im hearing this on the sports radio too. i challenge any other team to even make the SB with their backup qb

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Northern Green Wings said:

Well I'm not sure they would of won if Butler played.  But their defense certainly couldn't of played worse.

The Ertz ruling was correctly called.  If that got over-turned, there would be riots.  The backlash the NFL would receive would be tremendous.  The Clement catch I could of easily seen going the other way... but I think the rule change (or clarification) will be for exactly that type of catch.  Wasn't much of a "bobble" and he possessed the ball with 2 feet in bounds, and never lost control as he hit the ground.

On the Hail Mary play there probably should of been a PI call on us.  And on Gronk, he gave a blatant shove to Mills well before the endzone.  But the refs weren't calling that all game, and Patriots got away with a few PIs.  One on the Jeffery interception, contact was made prior to the ball.  And then one on the 2 point convert to Clement, where he clearly gets hit before the ball gets there.. and right infront of a ref and no call.

Then tack on that the Patriots only had 2 penalties all game with 1 accepted... I don't think the refs were out to get them at all.

If you want to see a botched game, that Eagles/Carolina one was about the worst I've ever seen.

I don't understand how the Ertz TD was even looked it.  He caught it, took at least 2 steps then dove with the ball extended clearly crossing the goal line.  I thought the ball just needs to break the line?

1 minute ago, Luvva said:

What did the "crappiest division" have to do with 613 yards the Pats just laid on that supposedly great defense of yours?   Answer....nothing! 

Pats' exposed your crowed-about strength and fell just short  of the win.   Congrats, again.....but I sure wasn't nearly as impressed with your team overall as the average blowhard on this site.

Foles played very well, and lucky for you.  Otherwise, it would have def been a Pats blowout.  As it is, you were one NE stop away from a wretched off season.

Next goal for the Eagles will be to try to win a 2nd Lombardi.....and I hope you're not realistically expecting that to happen in 2018.  

Who cares, you lost. I don’t care if you put up 100 points and lost 101-100, you lost. Mr Brady was outdueld by a back up qb. Now enjoy the offseason and go back to your neck of the woods.. 

On 2/5/2018 at 3:06 PM, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

That hail mary play, Gronk also forearmed a DB to next Tuesday. 

7 hours ago, BostonBlackie said:

Possession? I don't know, looks suspicious. I think we need to add a few of these. ********************

super-bowl-eagles-corey-clement-touchdow

Good night troll.  Please listen to a Hall of Fame WR.  He'll explain it to you, and have it corroborated by a former Pro Bowler...  But, hey... some guy in his basement on youtube with an aluminum foil hat says the ball wasn't under control, and Chris Collinsworth... :lol:  Chris was openly rooting for the Patriots, but hey, it must be tough to fall so far from the false sense of dominance that you were being fed by the Boston fans... You have Brady and Belichek, they can't be beat when they have 2 weeks to prepare for a team.  They can stop any offense when they have a chance to study for two weeks.  And when Brady has the ball at the end of the game, he's always going to drive down the field to win the game.

Except that didn't happen, so now you need to find an excuse for it.  You got beat.  Deal with it and move on with your life.

BTW, the parade is on Thursday.  Its starts around 11am, but you should arrive early, because there's expected to be somewhere between 2 and 4 million people.  and public transportation is going to struggle to match that demand.  

15 minutes ago, Luvva said:

What did the "crappiest division" have to do with 613 yards the Pats just laid on that supposedly great defense of yours?   Answer....nothing! 

Pats' exposed your crowed-about strength and fell just short  of the win.   Congrats, again.....but I sure wasn't nearly as impressed with your team overall as the average blowhard on this site.

Foles played very well, and lucky for you.  Otherwise, it would have def been a Pats blowout.  As it is, you were one NE stop away from a wretched off season.

Next goal for the Eagles will be to try to win a 2nd Lombardi.....and I hope you're not realistically expecting that to happen in 2018.  

Dude, what is your problem?  You keep going with the" congrats, ... but" crap and it's getting old.  Why are you still here?  

And yes OUR QB played well,  lucky for us.  So now Foles just got lucky?  You truly are an arrogant SOB. Can not the same thing be said about the Pets?  Geez man think before you write.

And oh hell yea we're thinking repeat. "realistically" we will be even better next year.  I think it's the Pets that will "realistically" and seriously up against it next year and the future.  "Realistically" (I love how you used that word) do you actually think the Pets could keep it up forever?  Out with the old and in with the new, is VERY realistic.  Deal with it and GTFO.

56 minutes ago, Luvva said:

I was referring to THIS YEAR, cj.....you must have missed that.

I don't care if you are pointing out this year.  Everyone else knows YOUR DIVISION SUCKS EVERY YEAR. The Pats have always had an EASY road to the playoffs.  

On 2/5/2018 at 5:26 PM, Eagle3John99 said:

You saw it exactly how I saw it.  Clear as day. He caught it. Left foot down. Pushes ball into the cradle of his arm with the right hand as his right foot goes down then the left foot comes really close to the back line.  I even think that his foot drug a little before going out of bounds (but I think he maintained control the whole time so it didn't matter)

That’s the way I saw it, too. But Pats fans are also not wrong either. Really it was a very close call that can be defended either way. No one was robbed though.

11 hours ago, Bram Sadford said:

They seem to be really upset over the Clement touchdown. 

I don't know....... you tell me. 

DVU4qjUUQAUi0S2.jpg

That was his THIRD step.  You only need 2 steps in bounds with control of the ball...which he had....the ball did move while he had control but that's perfectly legal.  The ball can't be "bobbled, etc...and that's not what happened. 

The ball was readjusted after he had control and he took two steps...then his 3rd step was near the line...but it didn't matter anyway...it was already a catch after 2 steps.