The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

4 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Lol right?  I remember as soon as I saw the ball hit the ground that I was jumping up and down, cheering and celebrating.  Then I had to stop since they seemed... not enthusiastic as if there was a flag or something.  No, they just sucked.  I didn't mind Collinsworth and Al Michaels before the superbowl.  They'd say some dumb stuff every now and then, but pretty much every announcer does so you let it slide.  But the lack of enthusiasm at the end of the game with that dramatic finish!  That's career killing lol.  Though that might be more on Al Michaels who is 73 now.

Nah... Merrill Reese is 75!  He brought it!

Harry Kalas was 72 when he called the 2008 World Series.  He brought it!

Michaels had it, he was just going to bring it for the right team.   Whatever happened to "Do you believe in miracles?"   (Not that that was a miracle... that was the culmination of a beautiful season of domination and blatant disrespect.)

On 2/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, Kasanova King said:

Nah...the Patriots never punted...meaning that other than that last drive when Brady fumbled + missed FG, they scored on every drive...meaning they LITERALLY could not have done better with Cooks on the field....for some reason, this seems to escape Pats fans.  :facepalm:

Actually, Patriots also failed to score when they had a turnover on downs in the first half.  Remember the throw to Brady and the 4th down play which was incomplete to Gronkowski?

6 minutes ago, Metocles said:

Actually, Patriots also failed to score when they had a turnover on downs in the first half.  Remember the throw to Brady and the 4th down play which was incomplete to Gronkowski?

Failed to score on a turnover on downs...
Failed to score on a missed FG.
Failed to score on the final possession of the half***
Failed to score on the strip sack by Graham.
Failed to score on the last play of the game.

Eagles failed to score and punted once.
Eagles failed to score on the INT deep in Pats territory.

*** I count this against them, because had Belichick been smart, he would have called a TO after the long catch and run by Clement that set-up first and goal with about 1:25 left on the clock.  HE didn't leave enough time on the clock to answer that score.

That's the difference in the game.  Eagles had 2 drives end without points.  Pats had 5.  

Eagles - 5 TDs.  Pats - 4 TDs.

If any of you Pats fans can afford Showtime, watch Inside the NFL.  Last nights episode showed the refs discussing the Clement TD.  Now STFU. 

7 hours ago, BostonBlackie said:

Such an original post. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dude, how about hearing what the actual ref had to say right after watching the replay angles?  Check it out, go to about 6:50 on this video where NFL film has him miked, and hear the ref talking to the other ref:

https://streamable.com/1yjsi

He says to the other ref:  "Is there a little ball movement, yes, but that does not mean loss of control."  ... "It sticks on the forearm, right back to the hand, touchdown." 

Best explanation anyone can give as to why that's a TD, right from the head ref himself.  Game, set match, mike drop.

31 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Failed to score on a turnover on downs...
Failed to score on a missed FG.
Failed to score on the final possession of the half***
Failed to score on the strip sack by Graham.
Failed to score on the last play of the game.

Eagles failed to score and punted once.
Eagles failed to score on the INT deep in Pats territory.

*** I count this against them, because had Belichick been smart, he would have called a TO after the long catch and run by Clement that set-up first and goal with about 1:25 left on the clock.  HE didn't leave enough time on the clock to answer that score.

That's the difference in the game.  Eagles had 2 drives end without points.  Pats had 5.  

Eagles - 5 TDs.  Pats - 4 TDs.

It's maff.  Very simple maff.  Eagles 8/10 scoring drives.  Pats 6/11 scoring drives.  That's how you win a pinball contest.  And the end of half drves count because there was major clock management decisions involved that Pederson won.

3 hours ago, Utebird said:

Thats what your mom said.

The defender was pulling on Clement's right arm which is why he is trying to move it to the left. All the while, "it's all control".

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

FB_IMG_1518020886997.jpg

:roll::roll::roll:

If you *like* my reaction, don't forget to give Portyansky his well deserved *like* too!!

13 minutes ago, MisterGreen said:

The defender was pulling on Clement's right arm which is why he is trying to move it to the left. All the while, "it's all control".

These arent the droids you are looking for ?

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nah... Merrill Reese is 75!  He brought it!

Harry Kalas was 72 when he called the 2008 World Series.  He brought it!

Michaels had it, he was just going to bring it for the right team.   Whatever happened to "Do you believe in miracles?"   (Not that that was a miracle... that was the culmination of a beautiful season of domination and blatant disrespect.)

They sucked.  

They were biased.

They probably don't get to do it next year, thankfully.

Time to find some younger voices or they will continue to lose viewers..... 

30 minutes ago, jamiller said:

They sucked.  

They were biased.

They probably don't get to do it next year, thankfully.

Time to find some younger voices or they will continue to lose viewers..... 

I think CBS has it next year.. it rotates every year through the 3 networks.. who knows, maybe tony will get to call our repeat, I’m sure he’ll be excited about it too

12 hours ago, Luvva said:

Next goal for the Eagles will be to try to win a 2nd Lombardi.....and I hope you're not realistically expecting that to happen in 2018.  

Sure, why not?  We're playing with house money now and will probably field a better all round team next season.

USATSI_10588739.jpg

Why bother argue with front running, band wagon Pats fans?

Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Gheytriots are not.

Better luck next season, although with the way the team and rest of the league is turning on your team, the dynasty is crumbling.

34 minutes ago, bison63 said:

fans2.jpg

Ummm is it just me or is every pic of patriots fans a bunch of white millenials sitting around whining.

I mean i get it if it was Utah theres like 3 black people here but boston???

37 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Ummm is it just me or is every pic of patriots fans a bunch of white millenials sitting around whining.

I mean i get it if it was Utah theres like 3 black people here but boston???

It's probably millenials because nobody bothered with the Patriots until they started winning under Belichick. They had horrible attendance and once had every home game blacked out for 2 years in a row. 

People can talk about the bandwagon Cowboys fanbase, but that was mainly national fans. Local Cowboys fans have been a loyal fandom. Boston and the region treated the Patriots like a minor league team for decades. They are a huge bandwagon

I think it's funny Belichick is punishing anyone for "breaking the rules."

If Tom Brady was out late smoking weed, you think he'd be benched? Or course not. It would have been covered up and never spoken of.

14 minutes ago, Swimm said:

LOL the pats fans are whining on their forums about the refs and how they got cheated.

This should be the new websters definition of, Irony!

He claims the patriots always have to play the other team and the refs ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️I exit after I read that 

7E75F433-3347-470D-9F3D-240DB291E2AA.png

15 minutes ago, Swimm said:

LOL the pats fans are whining on their forums about the refs and how they got cheated.

Thank you, G-d!  Thank you, for this wonderful irony.