The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

28 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

thought most would be saying the clement TD wasn't a catch

the broadcast team seemed stunned

26 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

How long does a guy have to run with the ball before he is considered to have completed the catch? I mean he ran at least 5 yards and I don't think he was bobbling it. :roll:

Just now, byronEvans said:

Now that one I do think they could have overturned as the ball did move but not enough apparently. I mean it wasn't an obvious call either way, probably would have stood whether they initially called incomplete as well.

It's poetic man. The Eagles started the talk of the dynasty in 2004 SB by losing to the Patriots. 13 years later here we are starting the first real talk of the end of their dynasty.

This was is the ultimate sports Yin and Yang setup ever. The universe in finding its balance. Let's enjoy the ride.

New England fans ~25 and younger are about to enter a world they have never experienced I have a feeling. Being the losers year after year, just like they used to be until 2001. That bandwagon is gonna empty fast.

The pass interference thing is horseshit honestly, Good God Kyle Van Noy just shoved Clement to the ground without ever turning round on the 2 point conversion and the refs did nothing, I have literally no idea what the Pats O Line would've had to do to get flagged for holding and Brady had a couple of throwaways that were a very generous interpretation of receiver in the area.,  I was just glad the strip sack was so clearly before his arm went forward.

42 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

There always is on hail marys and that never gets called.

8 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak611 said:

A buddy of mine spent the whole game ****ing and moaning over Facebook.

hes very salty...and I am enjoying every second of this ? 

Oh yea my facebook news feed is filled with two types of people today.

one type is basking in the glow that is today

the other is complaining about anything from officiating to our fans..

Guest Thomas76
51 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

their entire CB corps committed PI on almost every play.   they can shutup and get outta here with that noise. 

44 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

Every player on both teams were committing PI on the hail mary. Can't call OPI or DPI on a hail mary. Gronk was routinely pushing off with that big shoulder brace of his. The Patriots OL had a bunch of holds leading to 7s+ in the pocket for Brady and big plays. Refs called a weak defensive holding on us in the 2nd quarter on 3rd down after the INT to maintain the momentum for the Patriots. They scored 7 after the refs gifted them the momentum to continue that drive.

Jeffery's arm was being held on that play that led to the INT. Let them play? Jeffery had to make an attempt at a one-handed catch because he only had one arm to use. DPI not called.

For the most part the refs were keeping the flags in their pockets outside of those two really weak defensive holds calls. Gronk flopped on his.

19 minutes ago, byronEvans said:

Clement is a running back. My view of that is he was doing what backs do, over and over, in practice. He was transferring the ball to secure it. What it looked like to me. If that isn't "having control" I don't know what it.

Receivers practice those types of catches over and over until it is instinct. I doubt Clement does the same.

Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see, but honestly I don't give a F we got the call and we won.

49 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

There was also a blatant hold on that 4th and 10 they converted. 

49 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

Yeah, except for Gronk forearming Jalen Mills in the head. So, if anything, it should have been offsetting penalties.

Malcolm Butler is average AT BEST. He made one big play one time in a Super Bowl.

He can't stay with Agholor and he'd have no chance against Jeffery. Who was he going to cover?

Guest Thomas76
1 minute ago, devaster said:

Every player on both teams were committing PI on the hail mary. Can't call OPI or DPI on a hail mary. Gronk was routinely pushing off with that big shoulder brace of his. The Patriots OL had a bunch of holds leading to 7s+ in the pocket for Brady and big plays. Refs called a weak defensive holding on us in the 2nd quarter on 3rd down after the INT to maintain the momentum for the Patriots. They scored 7 after the refs gifted them the momentum to continue that drive.

Jeffery's arm was being held on that play that led to the INT. Let them play? Jeffery had to make an attempt at a one-handed catch because he only had one arm to use. DPI not called.

For the most part the refs were keeping the flags in their pockets outside of those two really weak defensive holds calls. Gronk flopped on his.

yes. the Eagles played fair, despite the refs not throwing many flags. but the patriots were taking full advantage of it. 

pats fans are crybabies.  there were 7 enforced penalties during the game.  wanna guess how many were against the pats???  :lol:   

46 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Gronk also shoved Mills I think it was at the goal line so that PI on the Hail Mary BS can go out the window

Yup, about 5 -10 yards from the EZ.

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

Malcolm Butler is average AT BEST. He made one big play one time in a Super Bowl.

He can't stay with Agholor and he'd have no chance against Jeffrey. Who was he going to cover?

PFF has been giving him good grades. I think it is a good indicator of his play. He will get a big contract from another team in FA. But the Patriots have no pass rush or at least not one good enough to get through our top-4 OLinemen. So another CB wasn't going to make a difference. They set a post-season record for passing yards combined. Another CB wasn't going to matter. They couldn't stop us running the ball or throwing to our RB's or TE's either.

54 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

no it didnt.  everyone was going for the ball.  there is no PI on that play.  Its a hail mary for Christ sake...

2 minutes ago, barho said:

no it didnt.  everyone was going for the ball.  there is no PI on that play.  Its a hail mary for Christ sake...

The part they are crying about is Hogan getting hit while he was running to the EZ. At worst it would be illegal contact since the ball wasn't even in the air

56 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

If it was the regular season maybe, and it wasn't a hail mary. It was a hail mary.

Also, there was a ton of contact all night long on both sides. Things that definitely would have been called interference the way refs were calling things during the regular season. It was Fing miserable. Miserable.

You want more games like the one where we have to watch 3 penalties in a row, five minutes passes, and it's still 1st down just like 1st and 30 now? Lol...horrible when the refs get top overzealous.

I thought the refs did a great job. They made a few calls but mainly just let the players play and the action come at us non-stop. Both sides "got away" with some stuff, but nothing egregious that I can think of.

It was an awesome game.

50 minutes ago, SoPhilVinny said:

You can't call PI on a hail mary with that many players around. Maybe if it were 1-on-1 or if Gronk was held down but every player has a right to try and catch the ball. If players all jump up to catch it, which they all did, then its just a bunch of players competing to catch the ball. Not PI

CORRECT!!!!!!!

Guest Thomas76
3 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Their also ****ing about the completely legal Dawkins like hit Jenkins laid on their WR. Don't run in circles.

Jenkins might have decided the game right there :showoff: