The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

5 minutes ago, reign99 said:

I thought the refs did a great job. They made a few calls but mainly just let the players play and the action come at us non-stop. Both sides "got away" with some stuff, but nothing egregious that I can think of.

The only one that really bothered me was the DPI on our two-point attempt that could of put us up 7 instead of only going up 5.  Forget the defender maybe preventing Clement from getting his hand up, he was tackled well before the ball go there.

There should of been defensive holding as well on the Hail Mary.  But there was also OPI on Gronk who gave Mills a blatant fore-arm.. can't call one without the other.

For every call the Patriots whined not going their way, there is an equal call, or rather non-call, that also went to their benefit.

Just saw the highlights again and watched the Hail Mary closer than I had previously. Brady was out of the pocket when our DB hit their receiver for Gronkowski cheap spotted Mills. Can’t call illegal contact when the about is out of the pocket. 

Graham’s pressure caused Brady to move a lot before the throw. 

I also feel every 2pt attempt had PI against the pats that wasn’t called.  Each one progressively worse than the one before. 

1 hour ago, Eagles9193 said:

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

Pretty much unspoken rule is refs swallow whistles on game ending hail mary. It's a scrum

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

The contact was on Hogan, who was not in the area at the time the ball was thrown so, it's not pass interference if the ball wasn't in the air or it wasn't in his direction. At worst its illegal contact. Yeah, it means another shot, but that's still another hail mary play. 

1 hour ago, The Norseman said:

They are crucifying Belichick for benching Malcom Butler.  They are convinced that if Butler had played that they would have won.  This win was soooooo sweet.  Not only do we establish dominance and cap off a storied season, but the New England dynasty is beginning to crumble.  I couldn't be happier! :towel:

tumblr_mfxfs7ZLLJ1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Columbus Eagle said:

All that matters is that the rule book and officials consider a TD. 

And yes there was PI on the Hail Mary, from both sides. Gronk pushed off to set up position. That is what happens in hail Mary’s. Jump ball baby!

How is it a PI on anybody when you don't know who the intended receiver is...

Ertz was touched by a defender prior to the goal line...that technically made him a runner so all he had to do was cross the goal line with the football under control.

1 hour ago, Baynit said:

At this point it sounds as if Belechick is saying Butler was sick earlier in the week and he felt Rowe being taller was a better matchup against Jeffrey.  Still don't think that explains 0 snaps though..

I don't buy that... he would have made it into the rotation if that was the case...

How about the illegal contact when Van Noys flushed Clement on the two point conversion? The Pats got away with a lot of crap this game. 

There was contact on the hail mary but Gronk also shoved a defender near the goal line before he turned around

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just tell them this:

We cheated, deal with it!

I love this quote and will use it on any Pats fan that complains.

Was quoted 12 times on this lol

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

I saw that today. Not sure how that wasn't called :lol:. Oh well, it's about time the breaks went for our team for once.

If its even pushing (and it was) then they let them play.  As it should be...

47 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Their also ****ing about the completely legal Dawkins like hit Jenkins laid on their WR. Don't run in circles.

Illuminates a lot... They don't know the rules.

19 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The Eagles were very, very hungry. Can't blame them for feasting on a couple of G.O.A.T.'s.

'GOAT'S' don't lose 3 Super Bowls. Call them the greatest of their era. But 'All time' greats, don't lose 3. Bradshaw won 4, never lost one. Montana won 4, never lost one. Aikman won 3, never lost one.

Yes, the Tom and Bill won 5. That's great achievement. But in winning those 5, they lost 3.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

'GOAT'S' don't lose 3 Super Bowls. Call them the greatest of their era. But 'All time' greats, don't lose 3. Bradshaw won 4, never lost one. Montana won 4, never lost one. Aikman won 3, never lost one.

Yes, the Tom and Bill won 5. That's great achievement. But in winning those 5, they lost 3.

I get what you're saying and there's merit to it. I just think that they should be judged by their entire body of work as professionals. Their career results are really good. Besides, even if they are the greatest of all time, The Eagles were better! If anybody needs proof of that let them check out Super Bowl 52!!

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

giphy.gif

Mic drop.

Just now, PoconoDon said:

I get what you're saying and there's merit to it. I just think that they should be judged by their entire body of work as professionals. Their career results are really good. Besides, even if they are the greatest of all time, The Eagles were better! If anybody needs proof of that let them check out Super Bowl 52!!

You are right.

raw

Guest SoPhilVinny
3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

And, Bradshaw, Montana, and Aikman would have shaken hands with Nick Foles after the game not like the classless model humping brat who fumbled the game away.

i would just quote every single one that whines and reply with just this image:

im-1803?width=620&aspect_ratio=1.5

eventually, their thread will be filled with that image.

2 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

Have you ever seen a PI called on a Hail Mary in a crowd? <_<

People don’t understand basic point ertz was a runner and scored a td once he broke the plane. I don’t understand how people even compare it to Jesse James incomplete  :wacko:

I know you didn’t mention it but since clement’s td was 50/50 and since it was called a td on the field not surprised it wasn’t overturned.