The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

9 minutes ago, SoPhilVinny said:

And, Bradshaw, Montana, and Aikman would have shaken hands with Nick Foles after the game not like the classless model humping brat who fumbled the game away.

No shake?  Didn't realize.  WHAT A DBag......

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

'GOAT'S' don't lose 3 Super Bowls. Call them the greatest of their era. But 'All time' greats, don't lose 3. Bradshaw won 4, never lost one. Montana won 4, never lost one. Aikman won 3, never lost one.

Yes, the Tom and Bill won 5. That's great achievement. But in winning those 5, they lost 3.

But Brady still won 5 which is 1 more than anyone else ever. Also, going to 8 super bowls trumps going to 4. The outcome the Superbowl is not predicated on one player. 

Now if Brady crapped the bed in any of those 3 SB losses and cost the team a win we could better debate this discussion.  But Brady just dropped 500+ yards on one of the best defenses in the league and THE best defense in this playoffs.

I cant stand Brady and cant believe Im even making an arguement for him. Its probably because I want this Eagles team to be remembered as the team that beat the GOAT

THIS WHOLE POST MADE ME SMILE.....then laugh a little....then chortle.........:roll: 

This yellow dude is rolling but I am chortling...

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

But Brady still won 5 which is 1 more than anyone else ever. Also, going to 8 super bowls trumps going to 4. The outcome the Superbowl is not predicated on one player. 

Now if Brady crapped the bed in any of those 3 SB losses and cost the team a win we could better debate this discussion.  But Brady just dropped 500+ yards on one of the best defenses in the league and THE best defense in this playoffs.

I cant stand Brady and cant believe Im even making an arguement for him. Its probably because I want this Eagles team to be remembered as the team that beat the GOAT

Brady is the GOAT, and losing to us doesn't change that.  He absolutely shredded our defense and moved at will.  To say Brady was the reason they lost the game is silly.

But Philly was able to go head to head with the GOAT and come out on top. 

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

'GOAT'S' don't lose 3 Super Bowls. Call them the greatest of their era. But 'All time' greats, don't lose 3. Bradshaw won 4, never lost one. Montana won 4, never lost one. Aikman won 3, never lost one.

Yes, the Tom and Bill won 5. That's great achievement. But in winning those 5, they lost 3.

That's silly. Tom is the GOAT. Football is a team sport. His defense gave up 41 points and he threw for 500+ yards and 3 TDs. Because he lost you're going to tell me those aren't HOF/Legendary numbers? That has only happened 5 other times (500+ yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs) and Brady did it in the Super Bowl at 40 years old!

Just now, Northern Green Wings said:

Brady is the GOAT, and losing to us doesn't change that.  He absolutely shredded our defense and moved at will.  To say Brady was the reason they lost the game is silly.

But Philly was able to go head to head with the GOAT and come out on top. 

There's no such thing as a 'GOAT'. There just isn't. How can 'all time' be attached when he played with different rules, different technology and different medical technology? In 1965, Brady's ACL injury ends his career. So how can he be compared to those who lost their careers to ACL's back when medical technology wasn't as advanced?

A lot of comparisons like that can be made. Call him the greatest of his era, fine. "All time" is just hyperbole though. It's not legit.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's no such thing as a 'GOAT'. There just isn't. How can 'all time' be attached when he played with different rules, different technology and different medical technology? In 1965, Brady's ACL injury ends his career. So how can he be compared to those who lost their careers to ACL's back when medical technology wasn't as advanced?

A lot of comparisons like that can be made. Call him the greatest of his era, fine. "All time" is just hyperbole though. It's not legit.

Phrase it anyway you want haha.  We beat the greatest QB of this generation while he played one of his best games ever, and nothing can take that away!

7 minutes ago, jamiller said:

No shake?  Didn't realize.  WHAT A DBag......

So he cheats and is a poor sport. Got it.

1 hour ago, reign99 said:

Clement is a running back. My view of that is he was doing what backs do, over and over, in practice. He was transferring the ball to secure it. What it looked like to me. If that isn't "having control" I don't know what it.

Receivers practice those types of catches over and over until it is instinct. I doubt Clement does the same.

Maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see, but honestly I don't give a F we got the call and we won.

You saw it exactly how I saw it.  Clear as day. He caught it. Left foot down. Pushes ball into the cradle of his arm with the right hand as his right foot goes down then the left foot comes really close to the back line.  I even think that his foot drug a little before going out of bounds (but I think he maintained control the whole time so it didn't matter)

1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Phrase it anyway you want haha.  We beat the greatest QB of this generation while he played one of his best games ever, and nothing can take that away!

That's an argument that I have a lot on the boards. Even if someone calls Reggie White the GOAT at DE or any other player. I just don't believe that it's something that's valid to say. I can't argue with it if it's in the confines of the era that a player played in though. 5 out of 8 Super Bowls is a truly amazing feat. But only one of those 8 were truly GEREAT... can you guess which one I'm referring to? lol

15 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

So he cheats and is a poor sport. Got it.

Those things kind of go hand in hand....

Just witnessed the death of a dynasty.  Both coordinators gone.  Not a huge deal we all belichek is the brains there.  The big thing is players are starting to question the organization.  Openly questioning belichek’s benching of Butler.  Reports earlier that Brady was upset with the way his personal trainer was treated. 

6 minutes ago, jamiller said:

Those things kind of go hand in hand....

Yes they do.

2 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

If the refs didn’t call it it wasn’t a penalty. Besides they shouldn’t talk. They got away with 2 PIs they should have been called—on the INT, Jeffrey’s one arm was held by the defender and on another play in the end zone, he was held by the jersey. On a 2 point attempt, Clement was hit by Van Noy well before the ball got there.

As far as the Ertz TD, once you make a football move after you catch the ball, you become a runner, not a receiver. You only need to cross the plane of the goal line. Ertz took 3 steps after he caught the ball therefore he was a runner.

Just now, bobbyuk said:

As far as the Ertz TD, once you make a football move after you catch the ball, you become a runner, not a receiver. You only need to cross the plane of the goal line. Ertz took 3 steps after he caught the ball therefore he was a runner.

I don’t get how collinsworth was so idiotic with that hole thing.  He caught the ball at the F’ing 6 yard line how does he get to the endzone without becoming a runner.

9 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

I don’t get how collinsworth was so idiotic with that hole thing.  He caught the ball at the F’ing 6 yard line how does he get to the endzone without becoming a runner.

That whole rule is so ridiculous.  They are so overthinking this stuff.  He had control and the ball broke the plane of the goal line.  I'd be saying the same thing if it had been one of the Pats receivers.  So stupid.

3 hours ago, vsptroops said:

That whole situation is just weird. The story will eventually come out though. Looks like Belichick's arrogance got the best of him finally. Oh well, ef them and their entitled fanbase. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:groovy:Eagle_smiley.jpg

Butler came back late for curfew with weed in his pockets. Then supposedly got belligerent with coaches when they called him on it.

23 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

Just witnessed the death of a dynasty.  Both coordinators gone.  Not a huge deal we all belichek is the brains there.  The big thing is players are starting to question the organization.  Openly questioning belichek’s benching of Butler.  Reports earlier that Brady was upset with the way his personal trainer was treated. 

AAAAANNNNNDDDD....Gronk is now "considering his future" this off-season, Kraft is looking at retiring and turning over to his son Johnathan who Bill apparently doesn't get along with.  Pats players are liking tweets that are criticizing Bill for the Butler decision.  He's losing the locker room.  This is perfect!

Guest Thomas76
17 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

collinsworth was awful last night.  Biggest Pats homer ever.  He was begging for the Pats D to get a turnover late in the 4th Q

2 minutes ago, Breeze 44 said:

At least a lot of the national media is ripping Collingsworth   over how he was acting and the crap he was saying.  Screw him anyway

Please post any and every thing!

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Please post any and every thing!

I too would like to see this.  I didn't think Collinsworth was overly bad until that Ertz TD.  He was showing both teams love before.. maybe new england a little bit more.  Until that, he seemed so convinced it was going to over-turn that he got Al Michaels on his side lol.  

But really, if the Clements catch stood but that Ertz one didn't, the message the NFL would of sent out would (and should) of sent all fans of the sport in to a tizzy.  They really need to clean up the rule/wording one way or the other and make it more black and white.

3 minutes ago, Luvva said:

HaHa....Have some class.

Truth is classy so whats the problem?

If I can figure out how to I will... 

Highly Questionable on ESPN had a segment on him and basically said just because nobody sees it the way you do Chris 

you don't get to whine about it for the rest of the game and his questioning of the Ertz  TD was laughable and they all said if that was overturned they would have just shut off the TV and been done with football, lol