The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

4 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

Yeah... I saw that on and it was blatant. Refs let them play that's all. Would have been illegal contact though not PI.

Just now, MERK said:

Even with no time left?

No.  The only thing that can prolong a game is a enforced defensive penalty.  In an offsetting situation no penalty is actually enforced. 

The Hail Mary was not a penalty because no one was playing the man ( gronk) everyone was playing the ball.  By rule defensive players have as much right to the ball as offensive players.

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

A coworker of mine claimed the refs bailed us out. I broke down laughing. Like really man? Really???

NE got away with so much including 2 BS  drive extending 3rd down calls.  Both drives ending in TDs.

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

A coworker of mine claimed the refs bailed us out. I broke down laughing. Like really man? Really???

For ANYONE to say that where the Pats are concerned is RIDICULOUS.

And frankly, this may surprise you but I AM GLAD there are a few plays they feel like that about.  Makes it sweeter for all the many times they got the calls by the refs.  BECAUSE THEY ARE SO WELL COACHED.....:roll:

1 minute ago, wildturtle said:

NE got away with so much including 2 BS  drive extending 3rd down calls.  Both drives ending in TDs.

Not to mention all of the PI no calls that should have been called on Gilmore. Gilmore is a hell of a corner but he was holding Jeffery day and night. I get the Hail Mary no call upsetness but tough ish. 

22 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, Belichick is a great coach and all but he showed me he can be somewhat of a jerk when he asked about Chip getting fired, he replied with something like "looks like the Eagles aren't doing so well without him", if there were ever a time for the jerk to go into his coy routine that was it.

I'm sure he was being a jerk for benching Butler, maybe he'll learn that being a jerk doesn't pay.

Still not seeing what the big deal is by him not playing. Take name recognition out of the equation. Has anyone seen Butler play this year more than a handful of games and give a accurate assessment of his play. I'd be willing to listen. The few games I watched he got picked apart. Also excels in zone not man. You need man defense to slow down our offense. Plus he doesn't have the best deep speed and can get caught on double moves. If ppl don't think Doug would have taken advantage of that with the speed we have in hollins,Smith,Aggy,and Gibson then i just give up. We all have different opinions. No one is going to convince me otherwise. We lost players all season, no one on defense in the secondary can you call a true playmaker consistently. Ppl stepped up and made plays. Same can be said for this Pat's defense, someone could have stepped up. Yet ppl want to make excuses. You don't get 400+ yards dropped on you because one player isn't playing dare I say even 300. 

PI on a Hail Mary- imagine that, you don't say. Wow, real news there, football fans, straight from New England/Boston, whatever. Ask yourself this- WHY ARE YOU IN THE POSITION to have to even throw one? Because you are losing and desperate. On a Hail Mary- BOTH teams are guilty of pass interference almost 100% of the time and that's why the refs don't call it. If you catch it, you score, if not, you don't. You wouldn't, you couldn't, you didn't and you lost to the NEW WORLD CHAMPIONS. DEAL WITH IT!!! Arrogant when you win, whiny beeeyauches when you lose. Get out!!

I just got finished talking to a die hard pats fan and he said he was quietly rooting for us to win because it can be hard backing a team when you know there is a clear and obvious unfair advantage given by the refs year in and out. Said things are always gifted to the pats and he’d rather have his team work for it so he didn’t mind the loss because it balances things out and creates the appearance that brady and Belichick have to actually work sometimes ? Also said it’s hard having to always make excuses for the cheating.

I thanked him for his objectivity. 

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-contact/

its not illegal contact. Brady scrambled out of the pocket because of graham. If the QB goes out of the pocket, there can be contact

evidence B

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2016/11/8/13560260/richard-sherman-bills-illegal-contact-walter-powell

Most Pats fans in the city are surprisingly good natured and retrospective. The vast majority of people I’ve spoken with were very impressed with the way the Eagles played; and they are impressed with the character of the players. 

53 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

The defensive holding that kept the Patriots drive alive in the second quarter is probably the only thing that kept the game from getting completely out of hand. Give me a break with the whining.

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

superbowlslider40.thumb.jpg.e8b1be92ea659a5c21ffdbbbdcee8f25.jpg

He's salty...just look at all that salt that fell off of him under the bench.

Also, not one team mate anywhere near his spoiled little a**. #NoFriends

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What did Eagles get out of Eric Rowe trade (player they drafted with pick they got).

4th round pick.  #31 in the round, which they actually traded to the Dolphins for Ajayi!

Nice of the Dolphins to help us beat their division rival for a draft pick that we got for Eric Rowe, who Belichick helped us beat him by putting Rowe on Jeffery to start the game.  

Nice little circle there, isn't it?

Howie sends Rowe to NE for a 4th round pick.
Howie sends that pick to MIA for Ajayi.
Ajayi runs all over the Pats at a 6+ ypc average.  (9 runs 57 yards)
And then Belichick puts Rowe on Jeffery to start the game and the Eagles torch him early for some quick points.  

And the Eagles win the Super Bowl.  Howie's a GENIUS!!!

5 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

Pats fans are spoiled because they actually have gotten those Hail Mary pass interference type calls in the past. 

99% of the time, refs do not call pass interference on Hail Mary passes and there's pass interference on Hail Mary passes 99% of the time....it's one of the plays that the league just lets them play....and it's been like that forever. 

Just now, Luvva said:

Let fo of your anger and enjoy the win.

Let go of your pop psychology replies and go mourn with the rest of your wretched fan base.

Why are you here you said congrats your continuing well wishing is less genuine with each of your lingering posts.

No one wants to be told how they should or shouldnt react by an opposing teams fan.

You arent one of us. Go back to your bandwagon stop siphoning off our joy.

1 hour ago, CountBlah said:

He's not talking about hand checking PI, he's talking about Hogan getting de-cleated and taken to the ground.  I don't think you saw what is being talking about.

They aren't about to throw a flag in the Super bowl on a desperation Hail Mary- are you kidding me? Anyone that expects that are fooling themselves. They either catch the damn thing, or the don't. They didn't. It would have been the same way if the Eagles were throwing it. Everyone knows no flag is being thrown there....well, not everyone, it seems. Eagles are Champs- end of story, or in this case- a NO story at all.

When It's Over-It's Over.jpg

20 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

The defensive holding that kept the Patriots drive alive in the second quarter is probably the only thing that kept the game from getting completely out of hand. Give me a break with the whining.

Yup.  Ticky tack call on Mills.

2 minutes ago, Luvva said:

Ahem...Malcolm Butler is anything but a zone corner!  He is a straight up in-your-face man cover corner. And a pretty damn good one, too.

Lol naw I don't think so. The games I watched he was getting wrecked. It's like u just said he has to be in your face and put hands on you. Mostly alot of things the Eagles run wouldn't have let him do that but it's okay, you can keep dreaming. 

18 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

He's salty...just look at all that salt that fell off of him under the bench.

Also, not one team mate anywhere near his spoiled little a**. #NoFriends

Just like Bo Callahan!

4 minutes ago, TalonBlood said:

They aren't about to throw a flag in the Super bowl on a desperation Hail Mary- are you kidding me? Anyone that expects that are fooling themselves. They either catch the damn thing, or the don't. They didn't. It would have been the same way if the Eagles were throwing it. Everyone knows no flag is being thrown there....well, not everyone, it seems. Eagles are Champs- end of story, or in this case- a NO story at all.

Page 6 pointed out i pointed out that it’s not illegal contact as Brady was flushed out of the pocket once the QB is out the pocket illegal contact goes out the window

4 hours ago, SoPhilVinny said:

And, Bradshaw, Montana, and Aikman would have shaken hands with Nick Foles after the game not like the classless model humping brat who fumbled the game away.

Brady didn't shake hands with anyone?  

4 hours ago, Thomas76 said:

Jenkins might have decided the game right there :showoff:

Nah...the Patriots never punted...meaning that other than that last drive when Brady fumbled + missed FG, they scored on every drive...meaning they LITERALLY could not have done better with Cooks on the field....for some reason, this seems to escape Pats fans.  :facepalm:

Just now, Luvva said:

"a die hard Pats' fan.."

LOL.  Your story reeks and has leaks.   Anyone who believes this blurb is a gullible fool.  You MAY have been talking to someone....but he/she sure as sh..ain't no die hard Pats' fan!    ROFLMAO

That's true.  There's no such thing as a die hard Pats' fan.  They are die hard Sox fans... but football isn't king there... its not even close.

th?id=OIP.9ogA4xg_L1hg3myOiL9DYAHaFZ&w=2