The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

Guest Thomas76
1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Nah...the Patriots never punted...meaning that other than that last drive when Brady fumbled + missed FG, they scored on every drive...meaning they LITERALLY could not have done better with Cooks on the field....for some reason, this seems to escape Pats fans.  :facepalm:

held to a FG 2x, missed a FG, turned the ball over on downs, and ran out of time with the ball in the first half. 

30 minutes ago, Luvva said:

I'm guessing you are fairly young if you espouse that sort of position.

Yeah, I'm 12. I'm also rubber and you're glue. Anything bad that you say bounces off me and sticks to you!

DVSYboOVAAAOwyn.thumb.jpg.68d731bd57b8aa027bc5d590963d7119.jpg

5 minutes ago, Luvva said:

"a die hard Pats' fan.."

LOL.  Your story reeks and has leaks.   Anyone who believes this blurb is a gullible fool.  You MAY have been talking to someone....but he/she sure as sh..ain't no die hard Pats' fan!    ROFLMAO

I know right? Me Too!!!!!!!!!

Eagles defeat Patriots by final score of 41-33

2 minutes ago, Luvva said:

"a die hard Pats' fan.."

LOL.  Your story reeks and has leaks.   Anyone who believes this blurb is a gullible fool.  You MAY have been talking to someone....but he/she sure as sh..ain't no die hard Pats' fan!    ROFLMAO

Is there such thing as a die hard pats fan? 

I mean you claim to be one and here you are on an eagles message board for a substantial amount of time.

First time the eagles lost to pats in super bowl i was wrecked. Last person i wanted to see or talk to were pats fans. 

Yet here you are and have been, curious?

The whole story with Butler is just weird. If he didn't find out until before kickoff, there's something that happened Saturday night/Sunday morning that Belichick will obviously never say but it had to have been really serious.

7 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

Page 6 pointed out i pointed out that it’s not illegal contact as Brady was flushed out of the pocket once the QB is out the pocket illegal contact goes out the window

I watched that play 20 times I can’t see any penalty at all.  A pats receiver kinda stumbles around the 5 but the eagles defender is looking up and his hand is barely touching him if at all.  No one makes a play on gronk everyone is up in the air playing the ball.  A pats guy is leveled but it’s after the ball is tipped so there is no call there.  It’s clean don’t see what everyone is whining about.  I can however point out 5 no calls 1 bad call and 1 early whistle that benefited the pats.

Just now, Thomas76 said:

held to a FG 2x, missed a FG, turned the ball over on downs, and ran out of time with the ball in the first half. 

Yeah I guess....but it could have also gone the other way as well.  Brady was forced to throw to their sure handed guys like Gronk, Amendola and Hogan...who all got a ton of yards, even after the catch and caught almost everything thrown at them.  Cooks doesn't have the best hands so some of the plays that went to Gronk, Amendola, Hogan, etc could have been dropped, missed, intercepted, etc had they gone to Cooks.  Brady threw for 500+ yards, all time record, etc...it would not have been better if Cooks had been in the game....if anything, chances are it would have been worse. 

Guest SoPhilVinny
25 minutes ago, Luvva said:

Let go of your anger and enjoy the win.

Eff you Obi Wan, go back to your board

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Nah...the Patriots never punted...meaning that other than that last drive when Brady fumbled + missed FG, they scored on every drive...meaning they LITERALLY could not have done better with Cooks on the field....for some reason, this seems to escape Pats fans.  :facepalm:

They aren't seriously complaining about not having Cooks, right? How many starters did we not have for that game? I mean... we won the Super Bowl with our BACKUP Quarterback, let alone other key starters.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:nonono:  This is title #4.  

That's ok.  Only people that actually understand the game of football know that.  ;) 

6 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

Gronk also stiff armed an Eagle right out of the way, which was obvious and egregious.  So was Hogan getting hit though.

Not a great move by an Eagle laying someone out on that play.  Should have known that’s the most dangerous thing they can do. 

28 minutes ago, TalonBlood said:

They aren't about to throw a flag in the Super bowl on a desperation Hail Mary- are you kidding me? Anyone that expects that are fooling themselves. They either catch the damn thing, or the don't. They didn't. It would have been the same way if the Eagles were throwing it. Everyone knows no flag is being thrown there....well, not everyone, it seems. Eagles are Champs- end of story, or in this case- a NO story at all.

When It's Over-It's Over.jpg

Patriots fans are such hypocrites. They won a lot of games with Shady officiating. And when they get called on it the only responses are they had better coaching and the tears taste great.  But of course when they lose they can complain about the calls that weren't called even though they only had one accepted penalty against them the whole game.

1 hour ago, IINorthStar said:

Still not seeing what the big deal is by him not playing. 

I have no idea what the impact is between Rowe and Butler, it's just that Butler played all of their defensive snaps this year and the idea that arsehole felt as thought they stood a better chance without him doesn't add up.  He was just being a jerk for whatever reason, hopefully the Eagles will pick him up to help our sorry arsed secondary. 

47 minutes ago, Luvva said:

I'm guessing you are fairly young if you espouse that sort of position.

I, on the other hand, am old enough to have seen most of the great QBs, dating back to anyone you can name in the 1950s.  

If that's the case, then why did you just say that this was our first Championship?  Anyone with your "level of knowledge" would know that this is in fact the Eagles 4th NFL Championship.  Smh.:nonono:

23 minutes ago, wildturtle said:

I watched that play 20 times I can’t see any penalty at all.  A pats receiver kinda stumbles around the 5 but the eagles defender is looking up and his hand is barely touching him if at all.  No one makes a play on gronk everyone is up in the air playing the ball.  A pats guy is leveled but it’s after the ball is tipped so there is no call there.  It’s clean don’t see what everyone is whining about.  I can however point out 5 no calls 1 bad call and 1 early whistle that benefited the pats.

It’s around the 35 yard line. Jenkins pushes hogan, but he doesn’t lay him out. He slows him down a bit, but was before ball was thrown. It’s only a big deal because the pats lost

updated yard and player

43 minutes ago, TalonBlood said:

They aren't about to throw a flag in the Super bowl on a desperation Hail Mary- are you kidding me? Anyone that expects that are fooling themselves. They either catch the damn thing, or the don't. They didn't. It would have been the same way if the Eagles were throwing it. Everyone knows no flag is being thrown there....well, not everyone, it seems. Eagles are Champs- end of story, or in this case- a NO story at all.

Chill.  

Still doesn't discount what happened.   It was pretty egregious.  And given the Refs LOVE for the Pats over the years, SOME of us were at least a little surprised it wasn't called. 

We aren't crappy Redskins fans who know nothing about football,  we can actually discuss things - or so I thought

11 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Patriots fans are such hypocrites. They won a lot of games with Shady officiating.

EXACTLY!!!

And a lot of cheating as well

2 minutes ago, CountBlah said:

Chill.  

Still doesn't discount what happened.   It was pretty egregious.  And given the Refs LOVE for the Pats over the years, SOME of us were at least a little surprised it wasn't called. 

We aren't crappy Redskins fans who know nothing about football,  we can actually discuss things - or so I thought

The refs called it correctly though. Once the QB leaves the pocket it’s fair game

2 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

It’s around the 20 yard line. Mills pushes hogan, but he doesn’t lay him out. He slows him down a bit, but was before ball was thrown. It’s knly a big deal because the pats lost

Is that on the all 22.  They show graham whiffing on a sack then pan to endzone where everyone is already assembled waiting for the ball to drop.

7 minutes ago, Luvva said:

LOL.... You don't think so?   Because you watched a couple of Pats' games....focusing on Butler and the D scheme all the while, I'm sure?   I smell some bullchit!

Yeah, you probably know a lot better than me....after all, I've only watched the kid play 75 games, not counting pre-season, and practice 4 times at Gillette....What would I know?

Pats' mix up the man and zone, for sure, but Malcolm's strength was in man....a very aggressive, physical cover corner and the best tackler at corner or slot for NE.  

Yup, he probably would have made at least one good play for a drive stopper.   but you just keep spinning your tales if it makes you feel better.

Dude no. One can argue if Butler is playing and they call man. Okay you have Butler on Smith or a speed receiver. You have Gilmore on alshon Jeffery. Now who is covering Ertz and who is covering Agholor. Not to mention we can run very effectively out of these 3 WR sets. I'm not spinning anything I just don't think it would have made a difference. You could say mccourty would be on Ertz but... Oh wait, see how that turned out. Fandom aside do you really trust Eric Rowe to stay with Agholor. Do you really want 3 corners out there when we go to a 3 TE set that we still can pass out of with good TE but obviously we abuse the run.  The point I'm getting at is there's just too many matchups and it was always going to be a pick your poison type game. 

10 minutes ago, Luvva said:

LOL.... You don't think so?   Because you watched a couple of Pats' games....focusing on Butler and the D scheme all the while, I'm sure?   I smell some bullchit!

Yeah, you probably know a lot better than me....after all, I've only watched the kid play 75 games, not counting pre-season, and practice 4 times at Gillette....What would I know?

Pats' mix up the man and zone, for sure, but Malcolm's strength was in man....a very aggressive, physical cover corner and the best tackler at corner or slot for NE.  

Yup, he probably would have made at least one good play for a drive stopper.   but you just keep spinning your tales if it makes you feel better.

Yup and even with the demi god butler the patriots defense was still bottom quarter of the league.

If missing butler makes you feel better about losing to a back up qb being protected by a LT replacing a HOF Lt coached by a former high school coach playing on a team with no mlb or return game then yeah ok.

1 minute ago, wildturtle said:

Is that on the all 22.  They show graham whiffing on a sack then pan to endzone where everyone is already assembled waiting for the ball to drop.

If you watch the first video after the celebration they show a different angle which you can see the hit

2 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

If you watch the first video after the celebration they show a different angle which you can see the hit

If they were going to call that then they better had restart the whole damn game cause I seen about 5-6 PI's or holding that could have been called on the Pat's DB's. Never even called one.  

2 minutes ago, Luvva said:

Because I don't count those, just like I diss on my pal (big Packer fan) when he starts on that crap about all the Championships the Pack won with Lombardi!   What a load....no comparison

You had 2 "Conferences" and played a 12 game regular season. How hard was it, compared to the SB era was it to win the Championship?

No comparison....don't try to hand me that baloney. The winner of each conference then played for the Championship!  In addition, in those days, most players had a second job.....and that was in the NFL!   How easy was it to win a Championship in that era?   No comparison, so please don't try to hand me that baloney.

What does it matter if they had jobs in the off-season. Baseball players used to as well. Do championships in baseball only start from 1967 ?the more you talk the Dumber you look just get lost go back to your own board your team lost.

33 minutes ago, Luvva said:

Because I don't count those, just like I diss on my pal (big Packer fan) when he starts on that crap about all the Championships the Pack won with Lombardi!   What a load....no comparison

You had 2 "Conferences" and played a 12 game regular season. How hard was it, compared to the SB era was it to win the Championship?

No comparison....don't try to hand me that baloney. The winner of each conference then played for the Championship!  In addition, in those days, most players had a second job.....and that was in the NFL!   How easy was it to win a Championship in that era?   No comparison, so please don't try to hand me that baloney.

And late hits were a way of life then.  And the defensive backs were allowed to mug the receiver all the way down the field.  Did you, in your supposedly vast knowledge, ever look at the completion percentages and interception percentages for QBs whose careers were entirely before the rule changes in 1977?  Unitas, 54% completions, 4.9% INTs.  Van Brocklin, 53.6% completions, 6.1% INTs.  Jurgensen, 57.1% completions, 4.4% INTs.  

How hard was it to win a championship?  Exactly as hard as it is today.