The Norseman

What Pats fans are saying as their dynasty crumbles

I saw one guy posting how the Ertz TD wasn’t a catch... I disagree

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play , on Hogan getting laid out prior to pass... ummm they kinda had a point

That whole situation is just weird. The story will eventually come out though. Looks like Belichick's arrogance got the best of him finally. Oh well, ef them and their entitled fanbase. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:groovy:Eagle_smiley.jpg

1 minute ago, Eagles9193 said:

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

I saw that today. Not sure how that wasn't called :lol:. Oh well, it's about time the breaks went for our team for once.

Guest SoPhilVinny
Just now, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Gronk also shoved Mills I think it was at the goal line so that PI on the Hail Mary BS can go out the window

You can't call PI on a hail mary with that many players around. Maybe if it were 1-on-1 or if Gronk was held down but every player has a right to try and catch the ball. If players all jump up to catch it, which they all did, then its just a bunch of players competing to catch the ball. Not PI

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

I saw that today. Not sure how that wasn't called :lol:. Oh well, it's about time the breaks went for our team for once.

How often do they call PI on a hail Mary? I mean sure there was a lot of contact but everyone is looking at the ball trying to make a play. Also, didn't Gronk basically shove 1 of 2 guys so he could get in to position?

1 minute ago, SoPhilVinny said:

You can't call PI on a hail mary with that many players around. Maybe if it were 1-on-1 or if Gronk was held down but every player has a right to try and catch the ball. If players all jump up to catch it, which they all did, then its just a bunch of players competing to catch the ball. Not PI

I'm talking before that, not when the ball got there

Guest SoPhilVinny
1 minute ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

I'm talking before that, not when the ball got there

Will have to look for it on the rewind.

THERE IS ONLY ONE RESPONSE TO THIS (with variations including differing degrees and content of masked profanity....) 

WHO CARES...BWAHAHAHAAA...

This is not to you of course.

5 minutes ago, SoPhilVinny said:

Will have to look for it on the rewind.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000914473/Can-t-Miss-Play-Eagles-DENY-Pats-Hail-Mary-attempt-to-win-first-ever-Super-Bowl

I was wrong to say goal line, it was more around the 20. Either way, point is its a hail mary, there's plenty of contact on both sides and unless its BLATANT its never going to get called

Pats fans have no excuse to whine they have gotten call after call for years in big games. They had one accepted penalty on them the whole game after having only one against the jags as well.

Pats fans are spoiled entitled brats who finally got what was coming to them.

Good riddance.

Fly eagles Fly!!!

18 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

Many Pats fans claim there was PI / illegal contact on Hail Mary play ... ummm that kinda had a point

All that matters is that the rule book and officials consider a TD. 

And yes there was PI on the Hail Mary, from both sides. Gronk pushed off to set up position. That is what happens in hail Mary’s. Jump ball baby!

Just now, The Norseman said:

They are crucifying Belichick for benching Malcom Butler.  They are convinced that if Butler had played that they would have won.  This win was soooooo sweet.  Not only do we establish dominance and cap off a storied season, but the New England dynasty is beginning to crumble.  I couldn't be happier! :towel:

Only thing I can think of is Belichick arrogantly wanted to rub our noses in the Rowe trade. He's the king of making unconventional moves to prove some weird point in his own mind.

Just now, bison63 said:

Only thing I can think of is Belichick arrogantly wanted to rub our noses in the Rowe trade. He's the king of making unconventional moves to prove some weird point in his own mind.

I read it was because he missed curfew and was caught with weed on him. Not sure how reliable that is, but I doubt Belichick benched him for no reason

Just now, leanmeangreenmachine said:

I read it was because he missed curfew and was caught with weed on him. Not sure how reliable that is, but I doubt Belichick benched him for no reason

Anything is possible, but I saw some news blurb that it wasn't 'disciplinary' in nature, but who really knows but Belicheck?

22 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

That whole situation is just weird. The story will eventually come out though. Looks like Belichick's arrogance got the best of him finally. Oh well, ef them and their entitled fanbase. Super Bowl Champs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:groovy:Eagle_smiley.jpg

At this point it sounds as if Belechick is saying Butler was sick earlier in the week and he felt Rowe being taller was a better matchup against Jeffrey.  Still don't think that explains 0 snaps though..

Well I'm not sure they would of won if Butler played.  But their defense certainly couldn't of played worse.

The Ertz ruling was correctly called.  If that got over-turned, there would be riots.  The backlash the NFL would receive would be tremendous.  The Clement catch I could of easily seen going the other way... but I think the rule change (or clarification) will be for exactly that type of catch.  Wasn't much of a "bobble" and he possessed the ball with 2 feet in bounds, and never lost control as he hit the ground.

On the Hail Mary play there probably should of been a PI call on us.  And on Gronk, he gave a blatant shove to Mills well before the endzone.  But the refs weren't calling that all game, and Patriots got away with a few PIs.  One on the Jeffery interception, contact was made prior to the ball.  And then one on the 2 point convert to Clement, where he clearly gets hit before the ball gets there.. and right infront of a ref and no call.

Then tack on that the Patriots only had 2 penalties all game with 1 accepted... I don't think the refs were out to get them at all.

If you want to see a botched game, that Eagles/Carolina one was about the worst I've ever seen.

25 minutes ago, Eagles9193 said:

Sure. Buty maybe they should watch the replay and look at Gronk giving our guy a forearm shiver as he's running down field. I like how the Refs stayed out of it. Maybe the NFL is finally getting the point.

4 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Quite a different story from Belechick saying Butler was sick earlier in the week and that he felt Rowe being taller was a better matchup with Jeffrey....Still doesn't explain 0 snaps.  Might be something to what you're saying...

2 minutes ago, bison63 said:

Anything is possible, but I saw some news blurb that it wasn't 'disciplinary' in nature, but who really knows but Belicheck?

http://thebiglead.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butler-weed-brandon-browner/

That's where I saw it, and it seems like other places are picking up on the story. 

26 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Rumor has it Butler missed curfew and was caught with some herb...  

Just now, Huskie77 said:

Sure. Buty maybe they should watch the replay and look at Gronk giving our guy a forearm shiver as he's running down field. I like how the Refs stayed out of it. Maybe the NFL is finally getting the point.

This is my thought as well.  Better question is if the game is allowed to end on off-setting penalties or if they would of had one more hail mary try.

Just now, Baynit said:

Quite a different story from Belechick saying Butler was sick earlier in the week and that he felt Rowe being taller was a better matchup with Jeffrey....Still doesn't explain 0 snaps.  Might be something to what you're saying...

To me, his benching being disciplinary related is the only thing that explains 0 snaps