Sign in to follow this  
phishin

Parade at the Linc?

I'd settle for a place up front for STH like they did at the draft.  I'd like to take an older relative but realistically he wouldn't be able to go unless there was a reserved spot... 

Kindof hoping they would of done it like the Phillies.. ending St the LiNC for Season ticket holders 

So for maybe the biggest sports moment this town has ever seen, and how many people have waited a lifetime praying for this to happen,  you want to shut out anyone who isnt a season ticket holder from the celebration?

Wow.         Just wow. 

The parade will start at Broad and Pattison and proceed up Broad to the Art Museum. The Linc will not be involved.

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

So for maybe the biggest sports moment this town has ever seen, and how many people have waited a lifetime praying for this to happen,  you want to shut out anyone who isnt a season ticket holder from the celebration?

Wow.         Just wow. 

No, not shut anyone out but for the older fans it would be nice to have something in the stadium so they can enjoy in relative comfort. I'm 35 (only a STH for 5 years) and I can deal with the mass of people, my 84 year old grandfather-in-law won't be able to.  

The Phillies had the parade go down Broad and ended in their stadium (passing through the Linc), people still felt a part of the action/parade, no?  Season ticket holders had first dibs to inside the stadium, the rest went up shorty after to fill it up.

I'd be there if the parade ended at the Linc (if I could get a ticket). All the standing and walking would be hard on my back and knees though (Army souvenir), but since it's going the opposite direction (which I understand why and agree with the reason), I just can't do it.

So Opening Night, 2018 will be my first ever trip to Philadelphia and my first ever Eagles game... assuming I can get a room in a hotel close to the stadium.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd be there if the parade ended at the Linc (if I could get a ticket). All the standing and walking would be hard on my back and knees though (Army souvenir), but since it's going the opposite direction (which I understand why and agree with the reason), I just can't do it.

So Opening Night, 2018 will be my first ever trip to Philadelphia and my first ever Eagles game... assuming I can get a room in a hotel close to the stadium.

Book it now.        And there are always taxis if it isn't close.

I ended up taking the 84 year old relative in the wheelchair.. it was a pain the a** but definitely ended up as a good ending. Got off the EL at 13th St and walked towards the art museum. Figured we would go to the South side of waking oval as they said there would be ada seating is there. Got to the very front only to be told Adam is on the other side and I would have to circle back and around. After all of the crossings closed and without help from unhelpful police officers we walked all the way back to 23rd St and made the turn towards the other side of the museum. We tried 2 roads and they were already blocked off and had to double back as this point we couldn't even see a TV screen. We walked to the side of the museum and was once again told that this was not for ada.. until a supervisor came over and he let us in and told the guy it is also for Ada.  So we wheel right up to the black & white seats, (black seats were friends of the city, white seats were friends and family). We watch the ceremony from the back of the white section! The downside of this is that I was with my brother And his friend and we had to separate from them , their view of the festivities was not so great since we took all that time in the morning doubling back :(  After the ceremony was over when everyone started to crowd the steps and I followed... Was able to snap a photo at the podium... Pretty cool view!

IMG_20180208_145828836.jpg