Sign in to follow this  
xzmattzx

Which team would you like to see win their first Super Bowl next?

Which team would you like to see win their first Super Bowl next?  

100 members have voted

  1. 1. Which team would you like to see win their first Super Bowl next?

    • Arizona Cardinals
      8
    • Atlanta Falcons
      2
    • Buffalo Bills
      30
    • Carolina Panthers
      4
    • Cincinnati Bengals
      0
    • Cleveland Browns
      20
    • Detroit Lions
      9
    • Houston Texans
      5
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
      4
    • Los Angeles Chargers
      6
    • Minnesota Vikings
      10
    • Tennessee Titans
      2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

Man I feel for the Vikings. 40 years since they were last in a super bowl and they are 0-4 :unsure:

Do they even have a pre super bowl era championship? 

No, but their '69 season earned them a NFL championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about Andy's coaching tree and how 2 of his former assistants have now gone on to head coaching jobs, and won the Super Bowl with their new teams.

What brought this to mind was when I was working on putting the Eagles season onto DVD, the beginning of the Week 2 game vs. K.C. mentioned that Andy has a good record of beating his former assistants, after they've gone on to become head coaches.

So I looked at the Ravens 2012 schedule, and sure enough they played the Eagles that season, and they lost. It was a week 2 game that the Eagles won 24-23.

The Eagles played the Chiefs this past season, and lost... in a week 2 game and lost 27-20.

Both week 2 games. Both were home games for Andy's teams. Both went on to have very good seasons (2012 Ravens went 12-4, 2017 Eagles went 13-3) and both went on to win the Super Bowl.

So, if you're a former Andy Reid assistant and are now a head coach, bribe the league office to schedule you to play at Andy's teams stadium. Make sure you lose the game, and you just increased your chances of going on to win the Super Bowl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 9:37 PM, BCEagle said:

I’d honestly be happy for the Vikings, Bills, or Browns fan bases the most, but the purist in me has got to go with the Cardinals. They are a charter member of the league. No Cardinals, no NFL.

Chicago was a long time ago. The Cardinals fan base always seemed less invested than others to me. Maybe that's why they moved around so much, I could pass on them for a while.

As a long suffering and passionate Eagles fan, I have sympathy for other fans who have shared that passion and that suffering for a long time too. I guess the "feel good" 1st time SB win (for their fans) would be Cleveland. IMO, they've suffered the most. Oh and when they finally do win it, I hope it's over the Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

As a long suffering and passionate Eagles fan, I have sympathy for other fans who have shared that passion and that suffering for a long time too. I guess the "feel good" 1st time SB win (for their fans) would be Cleveland. IMO, they've suffered the most. Oh and when they finally do win it, I hope it's over the Cowboys.

Bills vs. Cowboys rematch?  Just like ours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Bills vs. Cowboys rematch?  Just like ours?

That's fine too.The Bills lost 4 in a row. That's gotta hurt bad too. When the Eagles time finally passes and they're in rebuild mode, I'm good with the Browns, Bills, & Vikes having a turn to win it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pick the Chargers. They’ve had a pretty hapless existence besides the Dan Fouts years and the early Rivers years with LT. I’m also near the San Diego area and they’re still the "local” team around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, pisceschica said:

Man I feel for the Vikings. 40 years since they were last in a super bowl and they are 0-4 :unsure:

Do they even have a pre super bowl era championship? 

Soooo glad the eagles won. Nothing is guaranteed ?

technically they won the 1969 NFL Championship, defeating the Cleveland Browns by the score of 27-7. This, however, gets overshadowed by the fact that they lost Super Bowl 4 (IV) to the Kansas City Chiefs by the score of 23-7. The actual NFL-AFL merger did not happen until the 1970 season, after which Super Bowl 5 (V) was played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Eagles aren't back, then I would like to see the Chiefs get back and have Andy get a ring. The question is, which NFC team would be best for him to beat? The Vikings, marking an 0-5 Super Bowl record? The Falcons to fall to 0-3? The Panthers to fall to 0-3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Provided Eagles are out if it and living in Houston with my son a diehard Texans fan I would love to see them get it done. Carolina would next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, L.E. said:

Chargers for my nephew.

I'm not sure they can do it with Rivers. They need to hit the reset button in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not sure they can do it with Rivers. They need to hit the reset button in the draft.

If I were their GM I would keep building their defense and stock up on OLine late. They already have a nice pass rush core, just need to fortify the trenches. Then they can look for their next franchise QB before trying to get any new weapons on offense cus they’d all just leave in FA if the team continues to be average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cortes said:

If I were their GM I would keep building their defense and stock up on OLine late. They already have a nice pass rush core, just need to fortify the trenches. Then they can look for their next franchise QB before trying to get any new weapons on offense cus they’d all just leave in FA if the team continues to be average.

I don't follow College football, so I have no clue if there's anyone worthwhile in this draft. But if there is someone who has 'it' and they can get him, they need to do it now. Otherwise, they may not have the right QB available to them when they do decide to get him.

Franchise QB has to come first, if there's one in front of them. If there isn't, then you do the other things.

All of this wouldn't even be necessary if they'd kept Brees though lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 10:50 AM, The_Talon said:

I like the Vikings, and as someone else already posted, would have gladly picked them until their entire fanbase started crying a couple of weeks ago. 

The Bills best shot at winning back then was against the Giants when it came down to a last second field goal. They never had a chance against Washington or Dallas. i guess the 2nd time against Dallas was a little closer, but still wasn't going to happen. It's too bad because that was a really talented team on both sides of the ball, but especially offense. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, James Lofton, etc. 

 

Those were great teams. And don't forget Frank Reich and the k-gun offense. That team seems more cursed than we were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't follow College football, so I have no clue if there's anyone worthwhile in this draft. But if there is someone who has 'it' and they can get him, they need to do it now. Otherwise, they may not have the right QB available to them when they do decide to get him.

Franchise QB has to come first, if there's one in front of them. If there isn't, then you do the other things.

All of this wouldn't even be necessary if they'd kept Brees though lol

I don’t think it would have mattered if Brees stayed or not. Payton could have won a ring with Rivers as a Saint during the Bountygate years just as easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cortes said:

I don’t think it would have mattered if Brees stayed or not. Payton could have won a ring with Rivers as a Saint during the Bountygate years just as easily.

Why is Rivers in New Orleans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Why is Rivers in New Orleans?

Oops, forgot it was Giants and Bolts. For some reason I had a brain fart and thought the Saints were involved in that whole trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns, would actually big a bigger story than us.

 

Detroit/Buffalo/Minnesota deserve one too.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:21 PM, L.E. said:

Chargers for my nephew.

They've kinda lost all sympathy by moving to L.A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

They've kinda lost all sympathy by moving to L.A.

My nephew lives in PA so he doesn't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 6:37 PM, Cortes said:

Oops, forgot it was Giants and Bolts. For some reason I had a brain fart and thought the Saints were involved in that whole trade

they were in the sense that they got Brees. Paid off big time for them. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't care about 'first Super Bowl win' anymore, at least for a team, anyway.

If the Eagles don't get to the Super Bowl, then the person that I want to win one now, is Andy Reid. Before this past Sunday, Andy winning one would have hurt. Now, him not getting one would be a great disappointment. I want him to get one and I want him to get into the Hall of Fame one day.

Maybe it's time that Andy Reid follows his understudy's and not Mike Holmgren.  Reid has now produced two SB winning coaches (John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson).  Yet Andy Reid falls into the same conservative play calling traps during the postseason, or his run vs. pass ratio is outrageous.   The man will never change, he's just set in his stubborn ways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a joke, right?

 

The ONLY acceptable answer is Houston.

 

Seeing Dallas fall to second fiddle in the state of Texas, would be GLORIOUS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CountBlah said:

This is a joke, right?

 

The ONLY acceptable answer is Houston.

 

Seeing Dallas fall to second fiddle in the state of Texas, would be GLORIOUS!

I hadn't thought of that aspect, but I like the thinking!

Maybe have Jerry cut Dez, Dez goes to Houston and they win it all... of course, that's after we've gone back to back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally,  I'd like to see the Eagles drafting at #32 for the next 5 years or so.  <g> 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe have Jerry cut Dez, Dez goes to Houston and they win it all... of course, that's after we've gone back to back.

Nuh UH!!  

We need at least back to back to back so they can Three-Pete and be the first ever to win three in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this