Sign in to follow this  
Happyfoosball

CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES FANS!

2 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I don't usually post here in the off season and as all of you know (and are probably very happy about) the Giants season has been over for a long time.  But I wanted to take a few minutes to congratulate you guys on the Superbowl win.  All those times people told you that you didn't know how it feels, well now you do.  And doesn't it feel great?  Enjoy it.  That feeling should last from now right up until your America's game comes out in September.  Congratulations again.  Couldn't happen to more loyal fans.

Thanks!

Thanks. But, remember we are the Eagles, we don't settle for 1.  We are aggressive.  We go for two.:towel:

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

I don't usually post here in the off season and as all of you know (and are probably very happy about) the Giants season has been over for a long time.  But I wanted to take a few minutes to congratulate you guys on the Superbowl win.  All those times people told you that you didn't know how it feels, well now you do.  And doesn't it feel great?  Enjoy it.  That feeling should last from now right up until your America's game comes out in September.  Congratulations again.  Couldn't happen to more loyal fans.

Don't come in here trying to be all nice, you'll make us think of you as human... err...

I mean, Thanks. It's great to finally have a championship to enjoy.

15 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Take your congratulations and stick it in the same orafice as all the "Eagles have no rings" jokes and memes.:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Thanks man

Appreciate the class. I know it isn't easy to congratulate a rival, though I was actually pulling for the Giants in both the Super Bowls against New England. I think Dallas is the only team I dislike more than the Patriots (I live in New England...)

And Tom Brady's 3 super bowl Ls are all against the NFC East, which is pretty nice. 

28 minutes ago, nipples said:

Appreciate the class. I know it isn't easy to congratulate a rival, though I was actually pulling for the Giants in both the Super Bowls against New England. I think Dallas is the only team I dislike more than the Patriots (I live in New England...)

And Tom Brady's 3 super bowl Ls are all against the NFC East, which is pretty nice. 

I dunno. As weird as it is, most other NFC East fans I've seen have been really happy for the Eagles after they won. I think it's because they've been closest to the suffering. :roll:

It doesn't hurt that we're now the one division with all SB champs either. lol

21 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Thank you. Yup, it's an awesome feeling, I still haven't come down.

It's really only now starting to feel real.

The 1st 4-5 days after it seemed like a dream.

I rooted for the NYG in the 1st SB vs the Pats.  The 2nd, not so much.  Regardless, I don't think I could ever root for Dallas to win.  It would just feel weird.

I've always said that I'd be happy just to see the Eagles win 1 SB.  But now that it's accomplished I'd like to see #2 pretty soon.

5 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I dunno. As weird as it is, most other NFC East fans I've seen have been really happy for the Eagles after they won. I think it's because they've been closest to the suffering. :roll:

I think most of us knew that the Eagles would eventually win one. Especially mid way through this season with the way Carson just lit it up so we just accepted it, and moved forward before it even happened.

I never really liked the "no rings" jokes anyway so it didn't bother me too much.

Either way, congrats to you people. Long awaited and well deserved

17 hours ago, nipples said:

It's easier then you think.  The older I get, the easier it gets.  If the Giants are in it, I'm all for them all the time.  To the point many call me a homer.  But when they are out of it then I have to look around.  I live 3 hours from Phili, 3 hours from NYC, and 3 hours from Buffalo.  Lot of Bills, and Eagles fans around here.  So a lot of my friends have never seen their team win a championship.  A lot of really good fans.  So I rooted for the Eagles pretty hard this past week.  I wanted to see them do it.  Now I hope the Bills get one.  (Of course in a year where the Giants are out of it).  But we'll see.  But anywho I'm not gonna check in until next season.  Then I'll go back to being the Foosball Boogyman love's to hate. 

Remember this warning, now the Eagles will be the hunted.  Repeating is very difficult.  Almost impossible.

5 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

It's easier then you think.  The older I get, the easier it gets.  If the Giants are in it, I'm all for them all the time.  To the point many call me a homer.  But when they are out of it then I have to look around.  I live 3 hours from Phili, 3 hours from NYC, and 3 hours from Buffalo.  Lot of Bills, and Eagles fans around here.  So a lot of my friends have never seen their team win a championship.  A lot of really good fans.  So I rooted for the Eagles pretty hard this past week.  I wanted to see them do it.  Now I hope the Bills get one.  (Of course in a year where the Giants are out of it).  But we'll see.  But anywho I'm not gonna check in until next season.  Then I'll go back to being the Foosball Boogyman love's to hate. 

Remember this warning, now the Eagles will be the hunted.  Repeating is very difficult.  Almost impossible.

Nothing is impossible the word itself says I’m possible. -Audrey Hepburn ??

Yes I see what you’re saying; NFC is stacked. 

Sorry it took so long for your post to reach me all the way up here on cloud 9, but I hope you'll accept this belated Thank you!

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Happyfoosball said:

:thumbsup:

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, CaliEagle said:

Thanks. But, remember we are the Eagles, we don't settle for 1.  We are aggressive.  We go for two.:towel:

Forget 2.  I want a Doug Dynasty. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, AmericanEagle77 said:

I said this in another thread:  I had Giants fans congratulate me.  I had Washington fans congratulate me.  I don't associate with Cowboys fans (except Stephen1, who's ok in my book)

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, vincent_NJG said:

I never really liked the "no rings" jokes anyway so it didn't bother me too much.

What's always bothered me about those jokes (which I understood from the standpoint of rivals having fun teasing), was that it attempted to discount and invalidate almost 50 years of NFL history (the pre-Super Bowl era). (I'm not saying you ever did that, I'm just in the mood to rant a little.)

I've always been a student of history (all history), and think that we need to appreciate the entire history and not just the things that happened during our own lifetime. Invalidating all pre-Super Bowl championships is just idiotic. To invalidate those championships, it cuts the Giants down from 8 total to 4, the Redskins from 5 to 3, the Packers from 13 to 2 and of course the Eagles from 4 to 1.

This Super Bowl obviously means a lot more to me than those 3 NFL Championships, but I still respect all of those old titles (not just the 3 that the Eagles won).

We have a first place schedule next season, plus Rodgers is coming back, plus the Rams, Vikes, Gmen, Alex Smith, a big a** bullseye on our backs and the loss of great coaches to dread.

So yeah, repeating is gonna be a bear. 

But I won't think about that too hard now. Still celebrating.

Thanks for checking in with congrats. See ya in the preseason!!

20 hours ago, paco said:

:thumbsup:

Forget 2.  I want a Doug Dynasty. 

I said this in another thread:  I had Giants fans congratulate me.  I had Washington fans congratulate me.  I don't associate with Cowboys fans (except Stephen1, who's ok in my book)

Clearly that book is a work of fiction...jk.;)

Thanks. I cheered on the Giants to beat the Pats also. I just can't cheer on the Pats or the Cowboys in the Superbowl. NFC is going to be really tough 2018.  So much stronger then the AFC. We get most our players back but we got a tough schedule for 2018.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, RepPhilly said:

It's really only now starting to feel real.

The 1st 4-5 days after it seemed like a dream.

I rooted for the NYG in the 1st SB vs the Pats.  The 2nd, not so much.  Regardless, I don't think I could ever root for Dallas to win.  It would just feel weird.

I've always said that I'd be happy just to see the Eagles win 1 SB.  But now that it's accomplished I'd like to see #2 pretty soon.

I rooted for the Giants both times. I know this is sacrilegious but I have a lot of respect for the Giants organization.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, CaliEagle said:

Yeah . . . especially when our place kicker gets knocked out of the game!