Sign in to follow this  
Happyfoosball

CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES FANS!

Recommended Posts

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, pisceschica said:

Thanks, what a great season; I can’t stop watching brady’s fumble :D

I prefer to think of it as Brandon Graham's 'Strip-Sack' .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, AmericanEagle77 said:

I dunno. As weird as it is, most other NFC East fans I've seen have been really happy for the Eagles after they won. I think it's because they've been closest to the suffering. :roll:

It doesn't hurt that we're now the one division with all SB champs either. lol

Most football fans in Giants Country are just tired of seeing Brady & BeliCHEAT hoisting up the Lombardi.

So they'd root against the Pats rather than root for the Eagles. Whatever.

Most  REASONABLE  Giants fans were congratulatory toward myself and our team after the fact and that's the way it should be.

If nothing else it piles up more NFC East wins against the 'Evil Empire' ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

it attempted to discount and invalidate almost 50 years of NFL history (the pre-Super Bowl era). I think we need to appreciate the entire history and not just the things that happened during our own lifetime. Invalidating all pre-Super Bowl championships is just idiotic. To invalidate those championships, it cuts the Giants down from 8 total to 4, the Redskins from 5 to 3, the Packers from 13 to 2 and of course the Eagles from 4 to 1. This Super Bowl obviously means a lot more to me than those 3 NFL Championships, but I still respect all of those old titles (not just the 3 that the Eagles won).

Agree with all of that.

Those who support the 'ban' of pre-Super Bowl lore often get bogged down in some sort of convoluted logic that variously says:

"The times were different, the game was different, the people were different, there were only 10, 11, 12, or 14 games

played in a season, athletes now are much bigger, faster & stronger, you can't compare then & now  . . . blah blah blah blah blah."

So  WHAT?!?  Doesn't matter!

The game was played and those championships were won under the conditions that existed   DURING  THOSE  TIMES.

But that in no way invalidates the accomplishments of the winning teams. A Championship is a Championship!  PERIOD!

No other professional sport does this.

The NBA, NHL & MLB all went through growing pains & numerous changes in the 19th & 20th centuries.

The NFL needs to get hep and acknowledge their history.

It's the right thing to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 4:54 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What's always bothered me about those jokes (which I understood from the standpoint of rivals having fun teasing), was that it attempted to discount and invalidate almost 50 years of NFL history (the pre-Super Bowl era). (I'm not saying you ever did that, I'm just in the mood to rant a little.)

I've always been a student of history (all history), and think that we need to appreciate the entire history and not just the things that happened during our own lifetime. Invalidating all pre-Super Bowl championships is just idiotic. To invalidate those championships, it cuts the Giants down from 8 total to 4, the Redskins from 5 to 3, the Packers from 13 to 2 and of course the Eagles from 4 to 1.

This Super Bowl obviously means a lot more to me than those 3 NFL Championships, but I still respect all of those old titles (not just the 3 that the Eagles won).

That has always been a stitch in my side as well. I have been blessed to have lived during both times. So those were always important to me. I've argued many times that changing the name, didn't eliminate the accomplishment. But it gave our division rivals something to be able to taut us about since we hadn't won the titled  Championship called  SB.  

I never minded it coming from Giants fans, but it really goated me to hear it from Cowboy fans. Mainly because most of theirs came when there was no free agency and there was no salary cap to deal with. Since those were installed they haven't been as lucky. 

Anyway, thanks to all the classy  Giants fans who have come on here to congratulate us on our finally putting that to rest. 

Still hard to believe as many times as we  were so close, that we finally got that monkey off our back. I ordered the season but guess it won't be out until sometime in April according to the NFL's site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, back2nj said:

That has always been a stitch in my side as well. I have been blessed to have lived during both times. So those were always important to me. I've argued many times that changing the name, didn't eliminate the accomplishment. But it gave our division rivals something to be able to taut us about since we hadn't won the titled  Championship called  SB.  

I never minded it coming from Giants fans, but it really goated me to hear it from Cowboy fans. Mainly because most of theirs came when there was no free agency and there was no salary cap to deal with. Since those were installed they haven't been as lucky. 

Anyway, thanks to all the classy  Giants fans who have come on here to congratulate us on our finally putting that to rest. 

Still hard to believe as many times as we  were so close, that we finally got that monkey off our back. I ordered the season but guess it won't be out until sometime in April according to the NFL's site. 

I've been around long enough to have lived through the last "NFL Championship" game, though I was just an infant (born in March of '69), so I obviously don't remember any games played before about 1973, and from '73 to about '76, I just have scattered memories of games. My first real NFL memory is of O.J. breaking the 2,000 yard mark, though I could probably claim Joe Namath on the Brady Bunch as my first real "NFL Memory", since that happened in September of 1973 and O.J. didn't break the 2,000 yard mark until December of that year. lol

If Redskins and/or Cowboys fans want to try to 'one-upmanship' us by saying we only have one Super Bowl while they have 3 (Redskins) or 5 (Cowboys), then flip the script on them. Of the 3 that the Redskins have, two came in strike years, so they get an asterisk right from the jump since they weren't full 16 game seasons. As for the third and all five of the Cowboys, just tell them that none of them came in the 'Modern NFL', drop the mic and walk away. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having a super bowl baby!!....and by we i dont mean my wife and I. I mean the woman im having an affair with, oh well ill always be able to look at my kid and remember the night the Eagles won their first superbowl! while i wonder what my wife is doing.....oh well not my fault she chose to work superbowl sunday!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, matthew36362 said:

We are having a super bowl baby!!....and by we i dont mean my wife and I. I mean the woman im having an affair with, oh well ill always be able to look at my kid and remember the night the Eagles won their first superbowl! while i wonder what my wife is doing.....oh well not my fault she chose to work superbowl sunday!! 

Umm, congrats on your divorce and/or having to pay 18 years of child support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, IggleWalt said:

I rooted for the Giants both times. I know this is sacrilegious but I have a lot of respect for the Giants organization.

Yeah I rooted for them the 1st time vs New England.  In the rematch I thought the NYG already had 3 at that point and didn't need anymore while we had 0 SB's.  So I was rooting for NE.

But surprisingly, I see many youtube videos and other comment sections where Cowboy fans are congratulating us and say they were rooting for us.  Also, where I work there were a few Dallas fans who said they wanted the Eagles to win.  

Now that we have a SB to our credit, I don't dislike the rest of the NFC East as much but I still don't think I could root for the Cowboys in a SB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

Yeah I rooted for them the 1st time vs New England.  In the rematch I thought the NYG already had 3 at that point and didn't need anymore while we had 0 SB's.  So I was rooting for NE.

But surprisingly, I see many youtube videos and other comment sections where Cowboy fans are congratulating us and say they were rooting for us.  Also, where I work there were a few Dallas fans who said they wanted the Eagles to win.  

Now that we have a SB to our credit, I don't dislike the rest of the NFC East as much but I still don't think I could root for the Cowboys in a SB. 

I hate that cowboy and giants fans rooted for us and are glad we win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, boogyman said:

I hate that cowboy and giants fans rooted for us and are glad we win.

Yeah I know it's weird.

I can't root for the Cowboys if they were playing in a Superbowl but I would still congratulate their fans after the game if they did actually win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RepPhilly said:

Yeah I know it's weird.

I can't root for the Cowboys if they were playing in a Superbowl but I would still congratulate their fans after the game if they did actually win.

Nope, can't do it. The only rival I felt comfortable rooting for and congratulating their fans were the Giants.

Can't do it for the Skins and can't do it for the Boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Nope, can't do it. The only rival I felt comfortable rooting for and congratulating their fans were the Giants.

Can't do it for the Skins and can't do it for the Boys.

I don't think you really need to worry about that anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, RepPhilly said:

Yeah I rooted for them the 1st time vs New England.  In the rematch I thought the NYG already had 3 at that point and didn't need anymore while we had 0 SB's.  So I was rooting for NE.

But surprisingly, I see many youtube videos and other comment sections where Cowboy fans are congratulating us and say they were rooting for us.  Also, where I work there were a few Dallas fans who said they wanted the Eagles to win.  

Now that we have a SB to our credit, I don't dislike the rest of the NFC East as much but I still don't think I could root for the Cowboys in a SB. 

The Cowboys fans had alternative motives for rooting for the Eagles. They didn't want the Patriots to have more Lombardi's and Rings than they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Cowboys fans had alternative motives for rooting for the Eagles. They didn't want the Patriots to have more Lombardi's and Rings than they have.

One of the biggest reasons I hated that we lost the 08 NFCCG. I knew Dallas fans were going to be beyond sick that we were either getting our first, or Pittsburgh was going to pass them for Super Bowl supremacy. 

Years ago before I was a member on these boards, I used to post in a Yahoo NFL chat room. Same place I originally met that guy Bang, who used to post his cartoons in here many years ago. I know back then, Dallas fans used to say they didn't want San Fran getting their 6th ring before they did, so I know Pitt winning 6 had to make them sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bang is still posting on ES fwiw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 6:52 PM, Happyfoosball said:

I don't usually post here in the off season and as all of you know (and are probably very happy about) the Giants season has been over for a long time.  But I wanted to take a few minutes to congratulate you guys on the Superbowl win.  All those times people told you that you didn't know how it feels, well now you do.  And doesn't it feel great?  Enjoy it.  That feeling should last from now right up until your America's game comes out in September.  Congratulations again.  Couldn't happen to more loyal fans.

thanks, i just made it an even 50 likes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Nope, can't do it. The only rival I felt comfortable rooting for and congratulating their fans were the Giants.

Can't do it for the Skins and can't do it for the Boys.

I understand but so many Dallas fans I know congratulated me and told me they were happy for us. 

It was kinda surprising but I know not all Dallas fans are like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Cowboys fans had alternative motives for rooting for the Eagles. They didn't want the Patriots to have more Lombardi's and Rings than they have.

That's true but at the same time wouldn't you want to keep your heated division rival without a Superbowl for as long as possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 9:26 AM, KzEaglefan86 said:

Umm, congrats on your divorce and/or having to pay 18 years of child support?

Let's just hope @matthew36362 is a good father to that kid, regardless of the consequences to his actions.

Bringing a life into the world is not some little thing. Especially when it comes from your side tap.

I'd be very wary of a woman who'd knowingly birth a married man's baby. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this