Sign in to follow this  
nottingham14

Nottingham's Big Board

On 2/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, Stephen1 said:

Things change quick in the NFL, before this season anyone who is unbiased would have said the eagles had a lot of issues...before the 2014 season where Dallas won 12 games they were a concensous 4-6 win team, same thing during the preseason of 2016....they won 13.

I see the holes, LG was a big hole last year, Tyron was hurt all year and missed a lot of games at the end...made the left hand side of the line a liability down the stretch. So sure Dallas could fail to fix the LG spot and Tyron could be hurt again....or Tyron could be healthy and get  mid level G and they’d be fine. When the whole offense was healthy and not suspended the first half of the year Dallas was 3rd or 4th in scoring...about 28ppg or so, so it’s not nuts to think if they just stay healthy they’d be fine on O. I’d like to see them hit on a OG in the first 2 rounds, then add a healthy Tyron and they could be very good offensively. All those issues caused by the OL and Zeke’s 6 game suspension and Dak totaled 28 td’s, 10ints, Zeke 10th in rushing, 10th in TD’s...Zeke had the most yards per game of all NFL RB’s last year, 12 more per game than Gurley...Dez is a victim of Garrett, Dak’s poor 2nd half of the season and the scheme...not saying he’s elite, he’s not...but he just had the same year Alahon had and he earned an extension.... not saying there are no concerns there...but things could easily break right for them

on defense they probably lose Hitchens, he’s going to get paid, they will franchise Lawrence, which is the smart thing to do. If irving  leaves the other team has to give Dallas a 2nd rounder..I doubt any team does that. I hope they do, i’m Not a fan, he rushes the passer and ignores the run...which is part of the reason LB’s not named Sean LEe struggle, Irving gives OG’s free runs at the LB’s...watch the 1st Dallas eagles game...he was a liability.

i don’t like losing Hitchens, but Jaylon Smith really improved as the year went on, so did the Dallas secondary once they threw the 3 rookies in there....Dallas finished 8th in total D, 13th in scoring D...

Philly is obviously the odds on favorite and on a whole other level at this point, so i’m Not arguing Dallas is winning the east or on that level...i’d Have to be nuts. I’m not saying they don’t have holes...if things break the wrong way, they could have a bad year, just pointing out things just as easily could break well for them. If they can add a OG and DT and are reasonabley healthy, I love their chances of winning 10 games.

cap wise Dallas is 19m under the cap...and from what I have read can make moves and get to the high20’s without putting much money on future caps. More than enough to franchise Lawrence, sign draft picks and even get involved in FA a little earlier than in years passed when they started out over the cap and had to pick from scraps. Dallas is sitting at 65m under for 2019 because after this year Romo’s deal off the books, so they can ever structure some deals to hit the cap in 2019 if they really want to go after a FA or Re sign someone.

as i’ve said in years past, when the were actually up against the cap, the cap won’t determine much, it will come down to rather they get Draft well and sign the right FA’s.

Agree on the speed receiver, if they can fix LG and add a deep threat, O should be good. ON D, beef up DT and add depth at LB....they could be good....

or they could miss on OG, DT, have some injuries, have Dak regress and next year you are probably looking at a new coaching staff and QB...but even then...I think Dallas still has some good young players...I like their immediate future much more than the redskins or giants...

I think they have a very good OG in Collins they need a RT

4 hours ago, C Simmons 96 said:

I think they have a very good OG in Collins they need a RT

Nah, Collins is more consistent at RT, as the season went on he improved every week. By the end, he wasn’t having any issues.

Nate Newton said the switch from Left tonright messed up his hand placement and that basically here and there he would use the wrong hand and when he did, he’d get beat, he said when his hand placement was right, he had no issues at all and as the season went on, it happened less and less.. He’s a RT...or maybe a LT in a pinch.

Dallas got slightly below average at best play at LG last year...

Dallas needs an OG and DT upgrade to try to hold up better vs Philly.

FYI Id had Lamar Jackson on my list if I didn't see injury written all over him. The guy looks a lot like Vick to me. Which is a great athlete, with a great arm. Reads the field, even while scrambling he keeps his head up and looks down field prior to taking off. Bigger than Vick, but I I got to question if his accuracy transfers. He can hit all the big arm seam routes and deep balls, but some of those mid routes and shorter routes just don't show up a lot for him. I still think he has a lot of talent at QB. Id take him rd 2-3 easily if I had a coach who would put a system around him. Unfortunately injury is huge when talking about guys of his athleticism, as its rare to find a back up for a guy with his athletic ability. Just like Vick, Tebow, RGIII and so on before him, if hes hurt your season is done, as so few can do what he does, so you have to change the entire offense. 

Talent wise he has to be right there at the top 2-3 QBs in the draft. And he is a ticket seller for sure. But gazelle-like QBs such as RGIII, Cunningham, Vick, Watson.... they all stay hurt. Ill admit ive always said one of them will finally stay healthy and when one does its going to be amazing, but its a risk hoping to get one of them to stay on the field. 

On 2/11/2018 at 12:19 AM, Cortes said:

Anthony Miller will be on your radar soon... lol I’m a fanboy of his now I guess.

I agree with you Cortes.  He plays with a fire like Steve Smith.  I want him in Philly with Carson.  

He was a walk on at Memphis.  He plays like he has something to prove.  

Landry and Vea made me look smart lol Landry looks like a future beast. Someone is going to draft him, and hes going to get 10+ sacks year one flying off the edge. Vea too looks like a future monster on the line. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, Stephen1 said:

Things change quick in the NFL, before this season anyone who is unbiased would have said the eagles had a lot of issues...before the 2014 season where Dallas won 12 games they were a concensous 4-6 win team, same thing during the preseason of 2016....they won 13.

I see the holes, LG was a big hole last year, Tyron was hurt all year and missed a lot of games at the end...made the left hand side of the line a liability down the stretch. So sure Dallas could fail to fix the LG spot and Tyron could be hurt again....or Tyron could be healthy and get  mid level G and they’d be fine. When the whole offense was healthy and not suspended the first half of the year Dallas was 3rd or 4th in scoring...about 28ppg or so, so it’s not nuts to think if they just stay healthy they’d be fine on O. I’d like to see them hit on a OG in the first 2 rounds, then add a healthy Tyron and they could be very good offensively. All those issues caused by the OL and Zeke’s 6 game suspension and Dak totaled 28 td’s, 10ints, Zeke 10th in rushing, 10th in TD’s...Zeke had the most yards per game of all NFL RB’s last year, 12 more per game than Gurley...Dez is a victim of Garrett, Dak’s poor 2nd half of the season and the scheme...not saying he’s elite, he’s not...but he just had the same year Alahon had and he earned an extension.... not saying there are no concerns there...but things could easily break right for them

on defense they probably lose Hitchens, he’s going to get paid, they will franchise Lawrence, which is the smart thing to do. If irving  leaves the other team has to give Dallas a 2nd rounder..I doubt any team does that. I hope they do, i’m Not a fan, he rushes the passer and ignores the run...which is part of the reason LB’s not named Sean LEe struggle, Irving gives OG’s free runs at the LB’s...watch the 1st Dallas eagles game...he was a liability.

i don’t like losing Hitchens, but Jaylon Smith really improved as the year went on, so did the Dallas secondary once they threw the 3 rookies in there....Dallas finished 8th in total D, 13th in scoring D...

Philly is obviously the odds on favorite and on a whole other level at this point, so i’m Not arguing Dallas is winning the east or on that level...i’d Have to be nuts. I’m not saying they don’t have holes...if things break the wrong way, they could have a bad year, just pointing out things just as easily could break well for them. If they can add a OG and DT and are reasonabley healthy, I love their chances of winning 10 games.

cap wise Dallas is 19m under the cap...and from what I have read can make moves and get to the high20’s without putting much money on future caps. More than enough to franchise Lawrence, sign draft picks and even get involved in FA a little earlier than in years passed when they started out over the cap and had to pick from scraps. Dallas is sitting at 65m under for 2019 because after this year Romo’s deal off the books, so they can ever structure some deals to hit the cap in 2019 if they really want to go after a FA or Re sign someone.

as i’ve said in years past, when the were actually up against the cap, the cap won’t determine much, it will come down to rather they get Draft well and sign the right FA’s.

Agree on the speed receiver, if they can fix LG and add a deep threat, O should be good. ON D, beef up DT and add depth at LB....they could be good....

or they could miss on OG, DT, have some injuries, have Dak regress and next year you are probably looking at a new coaching staff and QB...but even then...I think Dallas still has some good young players...I like their immediate future much more than the redskins or giants...

I told ya bro, Dallas had some serious cap issues. I'm sure they might get some guys to restructure, but they couldn't make too many splashy moves to improve. 

On 2/10/2018 at 2:53 AM, nottingham14 said:

Starting with my top 15 up coming rookies.... Gradually Ill enlarge and adjust it for combine. Just for fun and conversation....

1. Saquon Barkley, RB, PSU

2. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

3.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC

4. Orlando Brown, OT, OK

5. Vita Vea, DT, WASH

6. Quenton Nelson, G, ND

7. Harold Landry, DE, BC

8. Roquan Smith, LB, GEO

9. Calvin Ridley, WR, ALA

10. Derwin James, S, FSU

11. Carlton Davis, CB, AUB

12. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC St. 

13. Rashaan Evans, LB, ALA

14. Maurice Hurst, DT, MICH

15. Keke Coutee, WR, Tex Tch

2 qbs in the top 15? Wrong.

14 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

2 qbs in the top 15? Wrong.

:rolleyes: Allen isn't a top caliber QB prospect IMO and Mayfield is probably in the next five to ten or so spots. I actually like Mason Rudolph too, but he's a bit further down like Mayfield. Ill eventually get it to 25 or so. I think I saw Hurst got hurt, so Id probably downgrade him some. Brown probably drops some after his combine results, but I still think he is the top LT. 

On 3/16/2018 at 1:32 AM, nottingham14 said:

I told ya bro, Dallas had some serious cap issues. I'm sure they might get some guys to restructure, but they couldn't make too many splashy moves to improve. 

They don’t have cap issues any more than Philly does. Dallas is at 10m under the cap, and If they wanted they could make moves and get much further under, without releasing anyone.  Stephen Jones is running the show down there and he does not believe in overpaying in FA. I disagree with him to an extent and wish dallas were more agressive, but it’s Not because they don’t have Cap space.

if you look at them over the past few seasons they do the same thing, create cap space as they need it. I think I’d read they could get to over 20m under by adding a year to Tyron Smith’s deal and a couple other young players.

as evidence they offered Sammy Watkins about 10m per year on day 1 (which I think is dumb) 

the Cap is a paper tiger, teams can keep and sign who they want really if they want them bad enough.

If they don’t improve it will be because of bad personnel decisions, not the cap

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Stephen1 said:

They don’t have cap issues any more than Philly does. Dallas is at 10m under the cap, and If they wanted they could make moves and get much further under, without releasing anyone.  Stephen Jones is running the show down there and he does not believe in overpaying in FA. I disagree with him to an extent and wish dallas were more agressive, but it’s Not because they don’t have Cap space.

if you look at them over the past few seasons they do the same thing, create cap space as they need it. I think I’d read they could get to over 20m under by adding a year to Tyron Smith’s deal and a couple other young players.

as evidence they offered Sammy Watkins about 10m per year on day 1 (which I think is dumb) 

the Cap is a paper tiger, teams can keep and sign who they want really if they want them bad enough.

If they don’t improve it will be because of bad personnel decisions, not the cap

OTC has them at 600k under the cap, although I'm sure they could make some moves. They still have some cap issues, and guys like Dez that are overpaid. 

On 2/10/2018 at 1:53 AM, nottingham14 said:

Starting with my top 15 up coming rookies.... Gradually Ill enlarge and adjust it for combine. Just for fun and conversation....

1. Saquon Barkley, RB, PSU - 2

2. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - 10

3.  Sam Darnold, QB, USC - 3

4. Orlando Brown, OT, OK - 83 Horrific Combine

5. Vita Vea, DT, WASH - 12

6. Quenton Nelson, G, ND - 6

7. Harold Landry, DE, BC - 41

8. Roquan Smith, LB, GEO - 8

9. Calvin Ridley, WR, ALA - 26

10. Derwin James, S, FSU - 17

11. Carlton Davis, CB, AUB - 63

12. Bradley Chubb, DE, NC St. - 5

13. Rashaan Evans, LB, ALA - 22

14. Maurice Hurst, DT, MICH - 140 MEDICAL

15. Keke Coutee, WR, Tex Tch - 103

3 exact picks

7 in the top 15

10 first rounders

Pretty good for a shot in early February

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, skippyx said:

3 exact picks

7 in the top 15

10 first rounders

Pretty good for a shot in early February

Yeah, Ill be curious to see how it looks in a couple years. I knew Coutee, Hurst and Brown would be droppers. I had Baker in the next 10 or so, as he was my 3rd/4th ranked QB, as I had Mason up there too. I think Landry and Davis landed in good spots. I suspect Landry will get 8-10 sacks this year, and TB's DEF front 7 rivals ours now. Its a good place to be a CB at. 

Hurst's injuries hurt him, but I think if healthy he would've been a quality player.