Sign in to follow this  
OzzyX

Non-Season Ticket Holders - How Often Do You Guys Go To The Game?

For people like me, I guess. Those who do not own season tickets. Just curious how often you make it to the stadium, if ever?

And also a side question, since I've only gone there once..what's the difference between a PSL and a season ticket holder? Don't you have to have a PSL to get season tickets?

4 hours ago, OzzyX said:

what's the difference between a PSL and a season ticket holder? Don't you have to have a PSL to get season tickets?

Except for the first four rows, the upper deck seats don't require a license.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Except for the first four rows, the upper deck seats don't require a license.

Oh I see..so you can get season tickets without a PSL.

I used to buy single game tickets and make the trek from Baltimore once or twice a year. Not so much since I have a family and more obligations now.

6 hours ago, OzzyX said:

Oh I see..so you can get season tickets without a PSL.

Yes. The upper level seats above the corridor is season tickets, no SBL. You continue to get those seats as long as you buy the season tickets every year. If you don't, you lose them and the next one up on the list gets a chance. I'm still on the waitlist for these seats.

Lower level and the first 4 rows of the upper level below the corridor are SBL. The team sold seat licenses to build the stadium. Now those SBLs are a commodity to buy those seats. The Eagles also sell leases in the club level, 50-yard line and end zone.

I've never been to an Eagles game. I've never even been to Philadelphia in my life, and have only been in the state of PA one time (to the best of my memory), when I went to Ski Liberty with the Boy Scouts (around 1979 or 1980).

If I can get a hotel room close to the stadium though, I want to be at opening night for the 2018 season and the banner unveiling. I'll take the Amtrak, either from Norfolk or I'll drive to Maryland where I have family, and take the Amtrak from there.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've never been to an Eagles game. I've never even been to Philadelphia in my life, and have only been in the state of PA one time (to the best of my memory), when I went to Ski Liberty with the Boy Scouts (around 1979 or 1980).

If I can get a hotel room close to the stadium though, I want to be at opening night for the 2018 season and the banner unveiling. I'll take the Amtrak, either from Norfolk or I'll drive to Maryland where I have family, and take the Amtrak from there.

I agree, train would be the best bet...don’t have to worry about traffic or parking + fees. I’m pretty sure quite a few people take it directly to Broad St, then there are ways of going from there to the stadium. I’m planning on going to quite a few games this season, and though I’m about a 40 min drive away I’ll probably still take the Amtrak.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's a Courtyard by Marriott at the Navy Yard close to the stadium.  That's where I stay when I go up to games.  It's about 1 mile walk to the stadium (that you can see from the hotel).  Nice new hotel.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There is a hotel in center city (Doubletree maybe? I stayed there before the championship game against the Falcons when it snowed like hell the day before) that has a subway station right outside its front door. You can literally walk outside and immediately go down the stairs to the station. From there it's a direct subway ride to the end of the line. Maybe ten minutes. Drops you off right at the stadium complex. Super easy.

In response to the discussion items in this thread...

1) I typically attend at least one Eagles home game per season (have been to at least one every season since 2008 excluding 2013) and the last four years (2014-2017) I've been to 2-3 home games per season.  (I also almost always attend the Eagles/Redskins game at FedEx Field, and over the last four seasons have attended 1-2 other road games per year as well.)  I determine which games to attend largely based on what Eagles games are on TV in the DC area.  If the Eagles aren't on TV, I figure why go to the sports bar when I can go to the game.

2) When I do go to Eagles games in Philadelphia, or for that matter Eagles games at the Meadowlands (I've been to four Eagles games there, three against the Giants and one against the Jets, since the beginning of the 2014 season), I usually take Amtrak.  In most cases I treat the trip as a day trip and travel up and back on the same day, but there have been times when I've made the trip into a weekend excursion, usually when I attend a college game (most often Temple, but possibly also Penn, Villanova, and/or the Army/Navy game) the day before.  When I make it a multi-day trip, I try to stay in Center City Philadelphia at a relatively inexpensive hotel (<$150 per night) and book early.  There are plenty of things to do in Center City, and as someone who likes transit doing so also gives me a chance to explore the area via local rail.  One time in 2015 I stayed out near the airport when hotel availability was limited due to high demand for the Army/Navy game (the Eagles hosted the Bills the next day) and used the SEPTA Airport Line (within walking distance of the hotel) to get to Center City.  It was less convenient but it still worked.

For people interested in attending Eagles games in Philadelphia and are staying overnight and are not driving, I recommend staying in Center City rather than near the stadium complex, for various reasons.

On 2/12/2018 at 7:26 PM, OzzyX said:

I agree, train would be the best bet...don’t have to worry about traffic or parking + fees. I’m pretty sure quite a few people take it directly to Broad St, then there are ways of going from there to the stadium. I’m planning on going to quite a few games this season, and though I’m about a 40 min drive away I’ll probably still take the Amtrak.

If you are only 40 minutes from the stadium complex and live in the Philadelphia area, you'll want to use SEPTA Regional Rail, not Amtrak.  SEPTA is much cheaper and has a lot more station options.

4 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

If you are only 40 minutes from the stadium complex and live in the Philadelphia area, you'll want to use SEPTA Regional Rail, not Amtrak.  SEPTA is much cheaper and has a lot more station options.

I never even thought about this...thanks. This will make it even easier.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There's a Courtyard by Marriott at the Navy Yard close to the stadium.  That's where I stay when I go up to games.  It's about 1 mile walk to the stadium (that you can see from the hotel).  Nice new hotel.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There is a hotel in center city (Doubletree maybe? I stayed there before the championship game against the Falcons when it snowed like hell the day before) that has a subway station right outside its front door. You can literally walk outside and immediately go down the stairs to the station. From there it's a direct subway ride to the end of the line. Maybe ten minutes. Drops you off right at the stadium complex. Super easy.

What's the area like? Being a night game, I wouldn't want to be walking back to the hotel and end up on 'Unsolved Murders' lol

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What's the area like? Being a night game, I wouldn't want to be walking back to the hotel and end up on 'Unsolved Murders' lol

Center city is fine. You shouldn't have anything to worry about, particularly on a game night when there would be a fair amount of people around. I would feel more comfortable there than in the neighborhoods around the stadium, although I don't think they're bad either.

You'll be okay.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned walking from the Linc to the Courtyard.  There really isn't anything between the stadium and there to call "bad".  Lots of people walking the same direction, too.  Pretty big police presence walking under 95 with the big intersection.  The scariest part is always walking through the parking lots for me and not because its dark....it's the puke, etc..

The one thing about that hotel is it at the Stadium and you have to Uber or cab downtown.  That can be a drawback for some people who want a downtown Philly experience.  I am more about game convenience and the short walk is perfect.

On 13/02/2018 at 3:17 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Thats where I stayed really convenient & great hotel, Ive only been to one game as live in england, hoping to see them again this year tho. possibly in London or back in philly or an away game even.

When I go to games in Philly, I make the drive from MD.  For me it is 1.5 hours each way. I considered Amtrak then SEPTA to the stadium, but it is more expensive even after you consider gas and $40 parking at the stadium. Plus in my car I can pack a cooler, snacks, and hang out before the game. And I can drive off and explore wherever I want after the game. I grab at least a cheesesteak or something before I venture home.

I have stayed at hotels in Center City before. It is as nice as any downtown city, lots of things to see and do, and an it's easy SEPTA ride to the stadium. The Holiday Inn Stadium and new Courtyard Navy Yard are walking distance from the stadium. But there isn't much to do in that part of town once the game is over.

You have to consider your own situation and figure what is best for you. Philly gives you a lot of options.