Portyansky

Suh would play for free???

Suh and his agent would have to make it happen.

If I’m GM and they contacted me, wanted to be here for a minuscule 1-2 year deal, and publicly stated he’d be fine in a rotation with no more snaps than Jernigan...then I’d do it.

Short of that, which won’t happen, he can go elsewhere for more money and more snaps.

The Eagles don’t need to give other teams more motivation against them and don’t need to jeapordize their locker room unless he’s campaigning to come here on Howies terms.

If he actually does that, then you HAVE to bring him in.  That’s how dynasties are built.  It blazes a trail for vets to come here on sweetheart deals to win a title.

Sounds like another Howie Roseman 1 year deal club member......

But man, that would be fun to watch Cox and Suh side by side......

Do we really want someone who is utterly disrespectful to the players of the game and of the game itself to be part of this team? Hes shown time and time again that he has no respect for anyone in this game. His dirty antics and play are not good for a team. Yes, maybe the right atmosphere would enshrine better behavior, but with his history is it worth the risk?

34 minutes ago, Mathis Gone said:

They wouldn't pay him if they had Suh.  They'd save cap space.

He got a monster contract extension during the season. It's probably going to cost the Eagles the chance to sign Bradham.

5 hours ago, Mathis Gone said:

they'd unload Jernigan once they are sure Suh fits with chemistry.

why? Eagles love to rotate, and Jernigan is considerably younger. 

My lord... the rotation would be ridiculously sick. High profile players want to play for Doug and this FO. This is huge if true. This is exactly what I was hoping for. That after all this Philadelphia would be the destination for great players nearing the end of their careers who want to win that ring. Similar to what's been happening with NE. Difference being ... they'll have fun here doing it according to Lane.

1 hour ago, st0n3r said:

Do we really want someone who is utterly disrespectful to the players of the game and of the game itself to be part of this team? Hes shown time and time again that he has no respect for anyone in this game. His dirty antics and play are not good for a team. Yes, maybe the right atmosphere would enshrine better behavior, but with his history is it worth the risk?

Yes.

Sue is trying to win a superbowl and go out on top. Look at Randy Moss going to the pats. Its the same type of deal. 

1 hour ago, st0n3r said:

That is my concern as well, but I feel if he's surrounded by proper teammates/coaches and also know that he's not the #1, might take away some pressure off of him. Also if he would truly take vet min, releasing him.wouldnt be an issue if he acts up.

49 minutes ago, judunno said:

My lord... the rotation would be ridiculously sick. High profile players want to play for Doug and this FO. This is huge if true. This is exactly what I was hoping for. That after all this Philadelphia would be the destination for great players nearing the end of their careers who want to win that ring. Similar to what's been happening with NE. Difference being ... they'll have fun here doing it according to Lane.

Our D would be insane!!!

2 hours ago, Mathis Gone said:

They wouldn't pay him if they had Suh.  They'd save cap space.

You realize they would lose cap space if they cut him? His bonus money is prorated over the life of the contract, so we would lose $6m in cap space if he were to be cut.

Plus he only has a $5m cap hit for 2018 which is great for a player of his caliber. 

If Suh is a legit option (which I don't think he is because I think this story is blown out of proportion) we would probably have to cut a current starter right now to sign him.

We need to free up about $10m just to get under the cap.

Cut Torrey Smith $5m saving

Cut Vinny Curry $5m saving (this is the cut I don't want to make, but may have to in order to free up enough money).

Cut Celek $5m saving

Cut Donnie Jones $1.6m saving

Extend Kendricks to get his cap hit from $7.6m down to somewhere around $4m

Those moves would get us to about $10m under the cap. You could make a very very unpopular cut and cut Jason Peters who would save you $10m.

1 minute ago, stang8118 said:

If Suh is a legit option (which I don't think he is because I think this story is blown out of proportion) we would probably have to cut a current starter right now to sign him.

We need to free up about $10m just to get under the cap.

Cut Torrey Smith $5m saving

Cut Vinny Curry $5m saving (this is the cut I don't want to make, but may have to in order to free up enough money).

Cut Celek $5m saving

Cut Donnie Jones $1.6m saving

Extend Kendricks to get his cap hit from $7.6m down to somewhere around $4m

Those moves would get us to about $10m under the cap. You could make a very very unpopular cut and cut Jason Peters who would save you $10m.

You can also extend Graham, give him more guaranteed money and lower his cap hit for 2018.

Just now, John Blutarski said:

You can also extend Graham, give him more guaranteed money and lower his cap hit for 2018.

Yeah there are a lot of options they have, but most are going to involve losing a current starter (or two) just to free up enough money for Suh. 

If it was me I personally don't feel it is worth it. DL is already a position of strength, and all of our DL is returning, and relatively young. 

2. 35_8136029.png
  3. Winter Gear Clearance is Here! Up to 60% Off

5. f575b012-fc18-4148-82c8-6f7f2cfd4812.jpg?mode=crop&connatiximg=true&width=310&height=160

An Incredible $200 Intro Bonus Just For Using This Card

Sponsored by NextAdvisor

1 hour ago, The_Talon said:

why? Eagles love to rotate, and Jernigan is considerably younger. 

He also basically fell off the map after his contract extension. 

If Suh wants to play for a winner and take a pay cut to do so I would love to see him on this D. 

One on field issue and hes gone. Seems a simple line to establish. 

7 hours ago, devaster said:

Reports coming out of Miami have them releasing Suh. So he will probably be available in FA. He is still one of the difference makers as an interior DLineman. Even if they did get him on a cheap deal I'm not sure how that rotation works. Jernigan is solid. Suh and Cox would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Jernigan hasn't been all that good since he got his deal. 

3 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Yes