Portyansky

Suh would play for free???

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Vet min is the most I would go and he's a guy who's never been a rotational player. I wonder if he could handle that. Also we don't need an undisciplined player on the field racking up personal foul calls and making people think our defense is dirty. If he's truly willing to play for less, change up his act, and is willing to be a good teammate then maybe.

Racking up personal fouls? I don't think he goes on a rampage every year. Just some highly publicized incidents spread out over the years. Not like he has 20 personal fouls a year or something.

39 minutes ago, judunno said:

Racking up personal fouls? I don't think he goes on a rampage every year. Just some highly publicized incidents spread out over the years. Not like he has 20 personal fouls a year or something.

If it happens a few times you gain a reputation and lose benefit of doubt. In any case I doubt it happens even if he gets released. He might actually have to beg them to bring him in. 

On 2/15/2018 at 11:53 AM, IFB DOG said:

Eagles fan from NW Ohio. Family full of Lions fans. This guy is not the type of person you want to root for. he's earned the dirty label. I'll pass.

Don't underestimate the value of the culture this organization has going for itself. Philly may just be what Suh needs in his life. 

1 minute ago, Shadygarner25 said:

Don't underestimate the value of the culture this organization has going for itself. Philly may just be what Suh needs in his life. 

Don’t under underestimate the harm one bad apple can do.

hopefully the word of this culture has spread and more players, good players, feel the same way.

On 2/15/2018 at 5:48 PM, Jblah said:

Sue is trying to win a superbowl and go out on top. Look at Randy Moss going to the pats. Its the same type of deal. 

Randy’s rights were traded to the pats against his will while he was under contract while playing for a team he only dressed for because his rights were traded to them against his will as well. In fact, the only one of his 6 teams he actually got to chose from the get go was San Francisco. But after the trade he signed a big contract in NE the next offseason, which we’d never be able to offer Suh.

so pretty much nothing like the Moss situation.

Suh is too dominant a DT to be such a dirty player. I wants no parts of him. Free or not. He's another one of those "misunderstood" soul types.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:07 AM, McMahonHeadband said:

Are you Joking?  Timmy Did not register one pressure during the playoffs, and absolutely disappeared after his contract extension.   

Suh is about as dominate a tackle in the game, and if you can get him at a price that makes sense then that is a luxury you add every single time. 

Suh is "about as dominate a tackle in the game"? 

When is the last time you watched him play? I honestly mean that. 2015? 

He hasn't been great in Miami. In fact: 

None of the linebackers significantly raised their play with Suh, even though several of them said before the season that they expected Suh would have that effect.

No wonder a scout told SI.com last week that Suh is Miami’s most overrated player.

I mean, this isn't news man. This has been a long time coming. Or did you think Miami was letting him go because he's been Fletcher Cox? 

On 2/16/2018 at 3:54 AM, Mathis Gone said:

Suh is as good as he wants to be.

I guess that's why Miami is just going to let him walk.... 

He must not want to be as good as he once did. 

Guys like Wiz always play hard. Sorry, I'm not big on the Albert Haynesworth's of the world. 

On 2/16/2018 at 8:31 AM, judunno said:

To be fair... Timmy played injured. His drop off was due to injury not a degradation in skills or effort.

Suh is highly likely to be a cap casualty. Miami is clearing house. We already got one of their cast offs. Won't happen till June though. Reunion with Schwartz makes sense. We'd need a discount though.

there is no reports of timmy being injured.  There was some scuttlebutt about an ankle injury midseason but nothing after that.  He has played every game and i am very worried if a little ankle injury can render him mostly ineffective. 

9 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

Suh is "about as dominate a tackle in the game"? 

When is the last time you watched him play? I honestly mean that. 2015? 

He hasn't been great in Miami. In fact: 

I mean, this isn't news man. This has been a long time coming. Or did you think Miami was letting him go because he's been Fletcher Cox? 

Suh is not your plug in 0, 1 technique tackle.  he is your prototypical 3 technique penetrating tackle and is one of the best.  

pff grade..

Overall 91.0
#5 DI

5th overall di.  For free?  what is there not to like?

36 minutes ago, McMahonHeadband said:

there is no reports of timmy being injured.  There was some scuttlebutt about an ankle injury midseason but nothing after that.  He has played every game and i am very worried if a little ankle injury can render him mostly ineffective. 

He was clearly playing injured. Surprisingly playing hurt can diminish effectiveness. 

10 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

I guess that's why Miami is just going to let him walk.... 

He must not want to be as good as he once did. 

Guys like Wiz always play hard. Sorry, I'm not big on the Albert Haynesworth's of the world. 

Did you just compare Suh to Haynesworth? :facepalm: Let's not forget Miami let Ajayi go as well. I wouldn't vouch for their decision making.

I guess his salary will be in direct opposition to how much he wants to win a super bowl...

He has made a ton of money over the years, but never even got a sniff of a championship......maybe, just maybe, he takes a 2nd string contract with some incentives to get on a team that has a legitimate chance to repeat as Super Bowl Champions.

It's moves like that, that are necessary to keep hungry talent coming in to compete for championships.  It sounds crazy, but it's not that crazy......

45 minutes ago, McMahonHeadband said:

A little ankle injury?.......he had a high ankle sprain mid-season and they can last for months........yes, it can render anybody, who needs to have hard push off, ineffective.

Did you ever have a high ankle sprain?

1 minute ago, birdman#12 said:

A little ankle injury?.......he had a high ankle sprain mid-season and they can last for months........yes, it can render anybody, who needs to have hard push off, ineffective.

Did you ever have a high ankle sprain?

i just googled tim jernigan high ankle sprain and found nothing.  

4 minutes ago, McMahonHeadband said:

i just googled tim jernigan high ankle sprain and found nothing.  

.......because the internet is always right?

Jernigan hurt his ankle in week 9 against the broncos and then the eagles had a bye week.  He then was limited over the next 3-4 weeks in games.  He sat out the last game against dallas.   Just because he isn't listed on the injury report doesn't mean he's fully healed.  He may have passed the protocol, but it may not have been 100%.  Considering how he struggled after getting hurt, I would say it was still bothering him. 

But in typical phily fashion, the fans just write it off to laziness or some other bullsh--

2 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

.......because the internet is always right?

Jernigan hurt his ankle in week 9 against the broncos and then the eagles had a bye week.  He then was limited over the next 3-4 weeks in games.  He sat out the last game against dallas.   Just because he isn't listed on the injury report doesn't mean he's fully healed.  He may have passed the protocol, but it may not have been 100%.  Considering how he struggled after getting hurt, I would say it was still bothering him. 

But in typical phily fashion, the fans just write it off to laziness or some other bullsh--

all you have to do now is provide proof.  

2 minutes ago, McMahonHeadband said:

all you have to do now is provide proof.  

I found it.......you go find it.  I'm not your research guy.  You were wrong. I don't care if you believe me or not.

Suh's track record is one of a possessed and nasty man. The Eagles' faith-trust would need to hold an exorcism to get that guy's mind right. No easy task there. If their culture prevailed and the highly improbable actually happened? That Suh became a good teammate, and fully committed himself to good sportsmanship and being the best football player he could be...losing Beau Allen wouldn't matter all that much. Then again, this is Suh we're talking about, so, not likely.

22 hours ago, judunno said:

Did you just compare Suh to Haynesworth? :facepalm: Let's not forget Miami let Ajayi go as well. I wouldn't vouch for their decision making.

Did you bother reading the context of the posts or just respond with your sarcastic little smiley, jackwagon? 

If the person talking wants to insinuate, as many others have as well, that Suh hasn't played as hard since he's gotten paid ... I'll compare him to Haynesworth all I want. Haynesworth was better than Suh before Haynesworth got paid. Suh is still very good and has kept playing, but saying he is an elite DT is laughable. Absolutely f'ing laughable. 

Seriously, this board is in serious goddamn need of reading comprehension. 

No, they traded Ajayi for a draft pick. They didn't cut him for cap relief. Was it smart? Dunno. I don't have any players on the Dolphins to ask anymore. We're talking about someone saying that Suh is an "elite DT" that "plays when he wants" though.