Portyansky

Suh would play for free???

I'm on the fence about this one. I definitely wouldn't pay him as a premier DT since we have a ton of money already invested in Timmy and Fletch. If he would play for $3-4m/yr then you definitely would have to consider.  

Reports coming out of Miami have them releasing Suh. So he will probably be available in FA. He is still one of the difference makers as an interior DLineman. Even if they did get him on a cheap deal I'm not sure how that rotation works. Jernigan is solid. Suh and Cox would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

If there's any truth to this. And if he truly can be a good teammate. He may be the answer to Graham wanting more money. 

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Reports coming out of Miami have them releasing Suh. So he will probably be available in FA. He is still one of the difference makers as an interior DLineman. Even if they did get him on a cheap deal I'm not sure how that rotation works. Jernigan is solid. Suh and Cox would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Fletch can play outside as well...

2 minutes ago, SBLs_Sold115 said:

By rules he would have to make the vet minimum ..But then he can do a Chris long and donate his pay if he wants to.

If he's serious, why not??? I'm just concerned about his attitude on the field. Not sure how he is in the locker room stuff.

10 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

If he's serious, why not??? I'm just concerned about his attitude on the field. Not sure how he is in the locker room stuff.

Hes been a loser forever. I believe him. Imagine the dt rotation with suh, cox, jernigan, and destiny. Graham, long and barnett.

14 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Obviously if you can sign SUH for the vet minimum it's a no brainer as he could be easily cut at any point.

38 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I don't know about this one.  Haven't been a fan due to all of his dirty play tactics, but people change i guess...

3 minutes ago, Mathis Gone said:

they'd unload Jernigan once they are sure Suh fits with chemistry.

Jernigan's 6 years younger; Suh's almost done. 

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_Eagle said:

I don't know about this one.  Haven't been a fan due to all of his dirty play tactics, but people change i guess...

We could have used a dirty play here and there. Scared qbs make bad decisions.

Eagles fan from NW Ohio. Family full of Lions fans. This guy is not the type of person you want to root for. he's earned the dirty label. I'll pass.

29 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

He may be the answer to Graham wanting more money.

Don't you think he's earned it.....even without the strip sack.

If they can dish out 4 year/48 mil with 26 mil guaranteed for Jernigan they should do something for BG.

One thing is for sure, BG won't lay down like Jernigan did after receiving a new contract, he'll play harder. 

8 minutes ago, wyote said:

Jernigan's 6 years younger; Suh's almost done. 

Not really. He could probably play a dominant level for another 4-5 seasons. And he is much better than Jernigan.

15 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm just wondering if any of this is considered "tampering".

Only if the team contacted him or his agent, or spoke publicly about a desire to bring him in. As far as I know, there is no rule about a player talking about a desire to play with another team.