EagleVA

Tom Brady

I was surfing around and found this article in a British newspaper, and since this thread is here, I figured I'd post it.

Tom Brady SNUBS Nick Foles handshake after losing Super Bowl 52

TOM BRADY stormed off the field without shaking Nick Foles' hand after the New England Patriots were defeated by the Philadelphia Eagles.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/914490/Tom-Brady-Nick-Foles-handshake-Super-Bowl-52-sportgalleries

Tom Brady storms off field after Super Bowl loss

Mon, February 5, 2018

Tom Brady stormed off the field without congratulating Nick Foles after Super Bowl 52

336889.jpg.3398cb17fd1e1d4cc753e01d9729ba1c.jpg

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady exited the field following his Super Bowl LII defeat without acknowledging the celebrating Philadelphia Eagles stars.

The 40-year-old was snapped leaving the pitch and declining to take part in the traditional handshake between opposing quarterbacks.

Brady – who has won five Super Bowl rings in his glittering career – looked devastated after being strip-sacked in the dying stages to all-but hand the win to the Eagles.

The Eagles backup QB – now Super Bowl MVP – Nick Foles produced a game-winning performance and was quickly greeted by his wife and baby daughter while Brady was nowhere to be seen.

Take a look through our gallery to reveal the moment Tom Brady stormed off the field during Super Bowl 52.

STORY OF THE SUPER BOWL

Brady becomes oldest MVP in NFL history

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady became the oldest player to win the Most Valuable Player award on Saturday, doing so at the age of 40. Brady claimed 40 of the 50 votes from a national panel of media, with the Los Angeles Rams' Todd Gurley garnering eight votes and Philadelphia's Carson Wentz getting two.

Eagles stun Patriots to claim maiden Super Bowl triumph

The Philadelphia Eagles upset the National Football League's defending champion New England Patriots 41-33 in a back-and-forth clash on Sunday to capture their maiden Super Bowl title. For the Eagles, who previously lost title games in 1981 and 2005, the win capped a remarkable late-season charge that most observers considered unthinkable when starting quarterback Carson Wentz suffered a season-ending injury in December.

Eagles' QB Foles named Super Bowl MVP after win over Patriots

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles was named the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl on Sunday after leading his team to victory over the New England Patriots in the NFL's championship game.

On 2/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, ThaNightmare said:

Who cares? Ugh...this is gonna be a long offseason.

Not as long as Dallas' offseason :thumbsup:

On 2/21/2018 at 12:01 PM, EagleVA said:

As of Feb 16 he still hadn't contacted Foles congratulating him on his great play, he should be kicked out of the QB fraternity for exhibiting that sort of piss poor character. 

Probably too busy making out with his kid

I don't care if he congratulated Nick or not. Quite frankly, Nick shouldn't care either. 

4 hours ago, The_Talon said:

I don't care if he congratulated Nick or not. Quite frankly, Nick shouldn't care either. 

I agree with you. But for a top athlete who's won so much but has also lost before you would like to think he would show a bit more humility. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree with you. But for a top athlete who's won so much but has also lost before you would like to think he would show a bit more humility. 

It kind of shows a lack of character. Which we all knew he lacked anyway, because he's a convicted cheater. Still though, it's a shame that he's that self-centered that he can't even congratulate Nick on the remarkable run he'd just completed. One of the most remarkable post season performances by any QB to date. At least his wife showed a little class after the game.

Still though, last time I checked, the Eagles still own the Lombardi...

Foles.JPG.ef2ce0483dcdcd0b0cc9b10b56b4c701.JPG

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It kind of shows a lack of character. Which we all knew he lacked anyway, because he's a convicted cheater. Still though, it's a shame that he's that self-centered that he can't even congratulate Nick on the remarkable run he'd just completed. One of the most remarkable post season performances by any QB to date

By this point I guess we don't expect anything less from Mr Brady which is a shame. Like you say he's a convicted cheater and he's shown in the past that he lacks character. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I see myself as a pretty courteous driver. I often let people merge into lanes while others are boxing them out and they can't get in. Some people roll down their windows and wave, giving thanks. Some people act like it's their God-given right for me to have let them in. 

I used to get ticked off about people that did not show gratitude. Then I realized I have no control over it. I can't control how others are going to act.  I don't have to let anyone merge in front of me, but I still do it because I feel I'm doing the right thing. I'm still cool with offering random acts of kindness. How others take it is completely up to them. 

If Brady is comfortable looking like a sore-loser that's his prerogative, but I'm not going to whine because he didn't go and congratulate Foles, even though we all know if the situation was reversed Foles would have been right out there. 

CLASSY WINNER:

Image result for tom brady sore loser

SORE LOSER:

Image result for tom brady sore loser

After watching Tom vs time I’m even more elated that the eagles denied him his 6th ring thus putting a halt to chapter 6.

His arrogance permeated through the screen. I remember him saying, I have looked around nfl and nobody can beat us (this was before loss to Mia)  :lol:

I am pretty sure he congratulated Eli both times he lost before.

I don't think Brady is a lifetime jerk, he just lost his cool on a night when he played out of his mind and still lost.

I would rather give the credit to our team for getting him to lose his cool.

He has been nothing but classy over all the Deflategate stuff. (you are a moron if you believe any of it)

I will say that his Facebook post (Twitter, whatever) congratulating the Eagles was pathetic in that it did not really congratulate them and did not mention Foles.

I really hope this is the last Brady Super Bowl. The Eagles would forever be the executioners of the dynasty. Foles will forever be the QB that beat him in a shootout. I don't dislike Brady but c'mon 8 Super Bowls is enough even for the GoaT.

Capt Tom Brady is still trying to figure out how he lost to a backup QB, who stole his MVP.

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

He has been nothing but classy over all the Deflategate stuff. (you are a moron if you believe any of it)

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:38 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

for a top athlete who's won so much but has also lost before you would like to think he would show a bit more humility. 

To say nothing of class & sportsmanship.

23 hours ago, skippyx said:

I am pretty sure he congratulated Eli both times he lost before.

I don't think Brady is a lifetime jerk, he just lost his cool on a night when he played out of his mind and still lost.

I would rather give the credit to our team for getting him to lose his cool.

I will say that his Facebook post (Twitter, whatever) congratulating the Eagles was pathetic in that it did not really congratulate them and did not mention Foles.

I really hope this is the last Brady Super Bowl. The Eagles would forever be the executioners of the dynasty. Foles will forever be the QB that beat him in a shootout. I don't dislike Brady but c'mon 8 Super Bowls is enough even for the GoaT.

Spot on, although I do think it's worth pointing out that there's a pretty fine line between being overly confident and being a jerk.  For the most part, I think he does a pretty good job of that but I agree, I think this was a pretty occasional misstep by the clear GOAT.

That said, Pats fans themselves have no ability to toe that same line between legitimate confidence and ignorant arrogance.  It was obviously satisfying to win for our own purposes but just having the ability to shut the average Pats fan up made that victory sweeter than I could possibly imagine

20 minutes ago, Eglzfan39 said:

the clear GOAT.

Time has not stopped so no one knows who the clear goat is yet.

Real goats don't cheat.

Not a fan of Montana, but he never lost a SB.

Given time, we have yet to see what Wentz can become.

2 minutes ago, nveagle5 said:

Time has not stopped so no one knows who the clear goat is yet.

Real goats don't cheat.

Not a fan of Montana, but he never lost a SB.

Given time, we have yet to see what Wentz can become.

Time will never stop, so are we unable to declare a GOAT until the dawn the the apocalypse?

I'm not getting into the cheating thing, I'm not saying the Pats have been completely innocent but I also think that many of the instances have been completely overblown.

Not hating on Montana never losing but there's something to be said for the consistency that Brady has even getting there.  He holds so many QB playoff records, its easier to state the ones he doesn't own than the ones he does.  The dude is as clutch as they come, he's coming off of a 500 yard passing performance where he lost.  Don't hold that against him

I've got all the confidence in the world for Wentz but lets pump the brakes here, if he could even end up with a career that sniff's Brady's jock strap I'd be ecstatic.  GOAT?  Come on dude, don't be that guy.  How about we have him actually start for a SB and then we can take it from there

The Patriots are 'cheaters' and 'liars', even with their own 2007 AFC Championship ring... 'Perfect Season' engraved on the side...

42loser1.jpg.c1dde26360943b54c0f7d824fde03108.jpg

A 'Perfect Season' would be 19-0, not 18-1 lol

I'm sure the 17-0 Dolphins would get a chuckle out of seeing 'Perfect Season' on this ring.

Who cares, Brady's been an a-hole his entire NFL career.  He ditches  Bridget Moynahan for Gisele while Bridget is pregnant?  Isn't that enough proof?  At least now a worldwide audience saw Tom Terrific act like a sore loser.   The best thing I never saw Superbowl night was Gisele acting like a lunatic after a Patriot SB  win on her iPhone.