Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

If he doesn't destroy their locker room. A lotta stuff coming out of KC about him lately

Possibly but a strong locker room and coach can handle those things.... lot was being said about Ajayi as well being a problem in the locker room with the Dolphins.....Not our problem though to handle though but Peters is talented 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not sure it’s a huge boost. But they don’t fall backwards either. Trumaine Johnson is a free agent they are losing. Very good corner. The big deal is the price difference. They were tagging Johnson and instead get Peters on his rookie deal. That’s like a 12 mil difference.

Peters is a playmaker way more so then Johnson.....that can make a pretty big difference on D.....

A little tidbit on a rainy Fri night. Abe Saperstein is responsible for bringing the 3 pt shot into the NBA. He's also the creator of the Harlem Globetrotters - neither of which I can watch anymore.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

2 schools of thought. Celek's not getting any younger;

https://overthecap.com/player/brent-celek/727/

Letting Celek go we lose a good but underutilized blocking TE to make room for a 26 yr old Burton

Just not even an apple to apple comparison as I see it. Celek is an extension of the Oline. Burton is a slot receiver(and trick play QB).

Sure would like to know what Burton was offered. Of course that is none of my business. Well I have heard of at least 4 teams thus far that are suppose to be interested in Burton. Patriots, Bears, Packers, and Jets.

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just not even an apple to apple comparison as I see it. Celek is an extension of the Oline. Burton is a slot receiver(and trick play QB).

Yeah Ham, Really if you think about it Burton is a TE in name only if what you are looking for is 6ft 5in and 250 pounds. Trey is 6ft 3in and 230 and has only recently reach that 230 pound mark. That is about all his frame will handle as well.  His strong suit is his remarkable route running and clutch plays. Wish he could stay though. It will be interesting what he gets salary wise AND what his position will be. That could be new as well. Nothing saying that another team wouldn't change him to a slot receiver. I think he would do well in that position. If fact that is probably his best position. Playing Burton as a TE is like playing Hollins in the same capacity except that Hollins has shown to be a better blocker than Burton in his short time here. Still going to miss Burton's clutch catches.

I always seen Burton in the mold of Jordan Reed.....He is not a traditional in line TE but to me the best NFL teams have both TE the guy that can stay in and block and the guy that excels as a catcher......Though I think people underrate Burton as a blocker for his size he does a remarkable job look no further then the block in the playoffs vs the Falcons without that block Blount likely doesn't score...... Bit unfair to expect a guy that is 235-240 to block DEs that can range from 255-300 pounds  

As for Burton I wish him the best of luck he deserves a chance to start and get paid.....I do not fault players for trying to maximize on there time in the NFL it is a very short and brief window  

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

As for Burton I wish him the best of luck he deserves a chance to start and get paid.....I do not fault players for trying to maximize on there time in the NFL it is a very short and brief window  

Read this morning where Burton denies the story about him turning down an offer he thought was a low ball offer. Says he has had no communication with the Eagles about a contract yet and doesn't know where the story came from. 

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Read this morning where Burton denies the story about him turning down an offer he thought was a low ball offer. Says he has had no communication with the Eagles about a contract yet and doesn't know where the story came from. 

My question is what can the Eagles truly afford to pay Burton???? I am not expecting Burton to break the bank in FA but I do think he will make more then we can pay him to be a backup....Not only that but he would get a chance compete for a starting job which I have to image he would want.....

I'm ready to add my second player for the 32nd pick in the draft.

Pick #1 was LB Roquan Smith 

Pick #2 is T/G Isaiah Wynn 

Man, I'm going to need more picks this year than I needed last year. LOL

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Whoooooooo draft season is here lol everyone is ahead of me I have not looked at anyone who will be at 32 for us lol....

My question is what can the Eagles truly afford to pay Burton???? I am not expecting Burton to break the bank in FA but I do think he will make more then we can pay him to be a backup....Not only that but he would get a chance compete for a starting job which I have to image he would want.....

Well Burton made 2.7 mil last year and starting TE salaries are all over the map. Hard to get a feel for a starting TE salary unless you are in the top 10 starting TE's. I love Celek as a player and have for a long time but I think he was overpaid last year for the first time at 4mil

Only person I have seen as a possible target and so far I have seen him ranked all over the place is Conner Williams OT from Texas 

Yeah, most so called experts have him going before we pick. Actually way before we pick! LOL I am trying to concentrate on players that could be there for us for various reasons. Players that have excellent talent but may not be a top target due to their size, weight, and etc. IN other words, when draftniks are done with their nitpicking due to a player not being ideal because of this or that, I have a look to see if their pluses are much more than their minuses. Both of the players I selected fall into that category of possibly being around at 32. Both are also excellent players.

12 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Yeah, most so called experts have him going before we pick. Actually way before we pick! LOL I am trying to concentrate on players that could be there for us for various reasons. Players that have excellent talent but may not be a top target due to their size, weight, and etc. IN other words, when draftniks are done with their nitpicking due to a player not being ideal because of this or that, I have a look to see if their pluses are much more than their minuses. Both of the players I selected fall into that category of possibly being around at 32. Both are also excellent players.

I have seen him rated all over the place he is ranked as the 3rd OT in many I have seen....Seen many having having him go slightly before us but still in our range 

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have seen him rated all over the place he is ranked as the 3rd OT in many I have seen....Seen many having having him go slightly before us but still in our range 

Well the "experts" have Mike McGlinchey rated as the first T coming off the board but I don't see it. I always look to see if players stand out during their toughest competition of the year and disregard how they play in creme puff games. It has very seldom let me down. McGlinchey had his two worst games against his two toughest opponents this year. The games against Georgia and Miami.  He got pushed around by a lot smaller guys. LB's were getting around him in pass protection. They made him look silly. He is great in run blocking but has a lot to learn about pass protection. He would not be my first tackle in the draft taken but someone will probably take him out of need. In my opinion, that helps us. Another player coming off the board before we pick that I wouldn't be interested in taking anyway.

55 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well the "experts" have Mike McGlinchey rated as the first T coming off the board

Truly it is way to soon to write off any player falling to us so much will change before the draft even gets here guys will raise and others will fall....Who would have thought we landed Sidney Jones at this point last year in the 2nd round....Many also didn't think we would have a chance at Barnett at 13 

If your the Browns and you have 2 top 5 picks in the 2018 draft what do you do with them.....Maybe it is me and maybe I am biased but not sure you pass on Saquan Barkley at #1.....I know your not supposed to take RBs that high anymore but Barkley to me is a once in a generation type talent and I don't see him making it to #4....At #4 the Browns then are still in the market for a top QB if they like Donald there is a chance he is still available really only team ahead of the Browns that might take a QB is the Giants  

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

If your the Browns and you have 2 top 5 picks in the 2018 draft what do you do with them.....Maybe it is me and maybe I am biased but not sure you pass on Saquan Barkley at #1.....I know your not supposed to take RBs that high anymore but Barkley to me is a once in a generation type talent and I don't see him making it to #4....At #4 the Browns then are still in the market for a top QB if they like Donald there is a chance he is still available really only team ahead of the Browns that might take a QB is the Giants  

Agree, I'd take Barkley, then add a QB with the second 1st round pick. They have so many picks, they could also move up into the 2nd and 3rd, if they wanted to add more to the defense.

26 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

All depends on which QB they want BG. If it is Rosen then I take him.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay, Here comes pick number 3 for the 32nd player in the draft

Pick #3 Dalton Schultz from Stanford. We already have one TE from Stanford. Might as well go with another. I like this kid and he is the best all round TE in the draft. Excellent blocker and good receiving skills.

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

All depends on which QB they want BG. If it is Rosen then I take him.

So again you likely still get your pick of QB at #4 so at #1 would you take Barkley is the question????? Indy is not going to draft a QB and a case can be made that NYG don't either but both Indy and NY could draft Barkley.....