Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

Recommended Posts

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

So again you likely still get your pick of QB at #4 so at #1 would you take Barkley is the question????? Indy is not going to draft a QB and a case be made that NYG don't either but both Indy and NY could draft Barkley.....

I guess I should have been more explicit BG. The Giants like Rosen. Not sure they draft a QB if he is not on the board when they pick. So what I am saying is if the Browns like Rosen they better take him first because he may not be there later. Hey its a gamble for sure. The Giants will probably take Barkley if Rosen is gone and he is available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

I guess I should have been more explicit BG. The Giants like Rosen. Not sure they draft a QB if he is not on the board when they pick. So what I am saying is if the Browns like Rosen they better take him first because he may not be there later. Hey its a gamble for sure. The Giants will probably take Barkley if Rosen is gone and he is available. 

So reports say the Giants like Rosen could also just be the Giants trying to force the Browns hands as well so many smoke and mirrors in the NFL fell like an NFL team is much better at hiding who they truly want and the reports that get so called leaked get leaked on purpose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also would come down to how the Browns evaluate QBs how much of a gap do the Browns have between Rosen/Donald/Mayfield/Allen etc. on the flip side if you like a QB that much and think he is your guy for the next decade plus ie Wentz you take him regardless......But being able to get your QB and a talent like Barkley who would be great for a young QB seems like a hard thing to pass up on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Also would come down to how the Browns evaluate QBs how much of a gap do the Browns have between Rosen/Donald/Mayfield/Allen etc. on the flip side if you like a QB that much and think he is your guy for the next decade plus ie Wentz you take him regardless......But being able to get your QB and a talent like Barkley who would be great for a young QB seems like a hard thing to pass up on 

And it would keep the Eagles from facing him two times a year! LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Truly it is way to soon to write off any player falling to us so much will change before the draft even gets here guys will raise and others will fall....Who would have thought we landed Sidney Jones at this point last year in the 2nd round....Many also didn't think we would have a chance at Barnett at 13 

McGlichey was my early on pick.We COULD have a shot at him depending on what Foles wants to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Also would come down to how the Browns evaluate QBs how much of a gap do the Browns have between Rosen/Donald/Mayfield/Allen etc. on the flip side if you like a QB that much and think he is your guy for the next decade plus ie Wentz you take him regardless......But being able to get your QB and a talent like Barkley who would be great for a young QB seems like a hard thing to pass up on 

Browns can't evaluate anyone.How many teams go 0-16 and keep their HC?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I'm ready to add my second player for the 32nd pick in the draft.

Pick #1 was LB Roquan Smith 

Pick #2 is T/G Isaiah Wynn 

Man, I'm going to need more picks this year than I needed last year. LOL

NO WAY do you get Smith at 32 lol(but keep dreaming).barring a "sell the farm" move we'd have to move up WAY too much.IMO Smith goes top 10 at LEAST(probably top 5)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

NO WAY do you get Smith at 32 lol(but keep dreaming).barring a "sell the farm" move we'd have to move up WAY too much.IMO Smith goes top 10 at LEAST(probably top 5)

The reason he could fall is because of his height. The so called experts are already blabbing about it. He is 6ft tall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The reason he could fall is because of his height. The so called experts are already blabbing about it. He is 6ft tall. 

Silly isn't it?

I give you London Fletcher and Sam Mills as evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping that our own Sidney Jones turns into the player I thought he was before the draft. It is interesting that the player he was compared to before the draft was Marcus Peters. LOL Both went to Washington. Both are 6ft tall, Jones weighs 186 and Peters weighs 190, and their 40 times are comparable at Jones 4.47 and Peters 4.53

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Silly isn't it?

I give you London Fletcher and Sam Mills as evidence.

Last year LB Rueben Foster was rated as the second best player in the draft talent wise behind only Myles Garrett. Everyone said he would go in the first 10 players. The 49er's took him with the 31st pick in the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Last year LB Rueben Foster was rated as the second best player in the draft talent wise behind only Myles Garrett. Everyone said he would go in the first 10 players. The 49er's took him with the 31st pick in the draft. 

He could fall a few spots depending on what happens with offseason QB acqusitions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Browns can't evaluate anyone.How many teams go 0-16 and keep their HC?????

Poor Browns could not evaluate 2 noodles in a ziplock bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at Connor Williams(OT Texas) and Martinas Rankin(OT Mississippi State) if the Eagles have no shot at McGlinchey, these two could very well be in play. 

FWIW, Williams has already been compared to Joe Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Browns can't evaluate anyone.How many teams go 0-16 and keep their HC?????

 It is a new FO in the Browns again can't judge them on the past peoples mistakes now.....The question now is can they do anything....I honestly do think Hue Jackson is a better coach then his record with the Browns would indicate not his fault the FO was letting his best players walk and not replacing them with anyone good.....I am sure Hue would have loved to have landed Goff or Wentz but the FO decided it was smarter to trade back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Look at Connor Williams(OT Texas) and Martinas Rankin(OT Mississippi State) if the Eagles have no shot at McGlinchey, these two could very well be in play. 

FWIW, Williams has already been compared to Joe Thomas.

Connor is pretty much the only guy on my list for us at 32 which likely means he will rise and we won't have a chance at him lol......I have not looked much at draft prospects at least not guys around 32 I know the bigger names 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Corleone said:

Yeah, the Browns only added John Dorsey and Scott McCloughan

Scott might be a drunk but can not deny the fact the man can build a team....Hell had the Skins looking solid for a while until they stupidly let him go to return to Bruce Allen(well good thing for Eagles fans I guess :P )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

NO WAY do you get Smith at 32 lol(but keep dreaming).barring a "sell the farm" move we'd have to move up WAY too much.IMO Smith goes top 10 at LEAST(probably top 5)

Way too early to be making blanket statements like this. Is it likely he'll be there? No, but who thought Sidney Jones would fall to the 2nd round this time last year. They still have the combine and pro days to get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Scott might be a drunk but can not deny the fact the man can build a team....Hell had the Skins looking solid for a while until they stupidly let him go to return to Bruce Allen(well good thing for Eagles fans I guess :P )

Now if Jimmy Haslam stays out of Dorsey and McCloughan's way, they may be able to build something over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Way too early to be making blanket statements like this. Is it likely he'll be there? No, but who thought Sidney Jones would fall to the 2nd round this time last year. They still have the combine and pro days to get through.

But the super early rankings say he will go before us so it must be true lol no way guys could possibly fall in the draft that never happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

But the super early rankings say he will go before us so it must be true lol no way guys could possibly fall in the draft that never happens 

:lol:

Anything can happen between now and the draft. What if Howie flips Foles for a high 1st? Now they don't have to give up a Walker type trade to get Roquan Smith. How likely do they flip Foles for a 1st? Who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles last year landed 2 guys we were supposed to have no chance at getting.....People swore Barnett was a top 10 pick wasn' going to make it to 13 and Sidney Jones of course got in round 2 which was u heard of at this time last year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this