Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

The Eagles last year landed 2 guys we were supposed to have no chance at getting.....People swore Barnett was a top 10 pick wasn' going to make it to 13 and Sidney Jones of course got in round 2 which was u heard of at this time last year 

Dalvin Cook was a 1st rounder this time last year too.

12 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Only person I have seen as a possible target and so far I have seen him ranked all over the place is Conner Williams OT from Texas 

I would put Rashaad Evans on that list too. He will be a star in the NFL. He played through a groin injury last year or he might be talked about as the top LB. He was used coming off the end and blitzing from the middle which gives him tremendous versatility. Watch him close on the ball there might not be a faster missile once he makes up his mind. The one thing I think he needs to improve on is wrapping up he likes to make the big hits and throws his body into his opponents. But You look at this defense now from 2 years ago that is one thing this defense has learned wrap up I think he can be taught.

9 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Look at Connor Williams(OT Texas) and Martinas Rankin(OT Mississippi State) if the Eagles have no shot at McGlinchey, these two could very well be in play. 

FWIW, Williams has already been compared to Joe Thomas.

I could probably handle Williams with our 32nd pick however I am not a fan of Rankin.  Even Kolton Miller from UCLA who has been rumored to us doesn't play with enough of a mean streak to satisfy me.  At the present time Williams is positioned for the bottom of the 1st or top of the second round.  Of course that could change . My preference is still Isaiah Wynn for a number of reasons.

12 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Way too early to be making blanket statements like this. Is it likely he'll be there? No, but who thought Sidney Jones would fall to the 2nd round this time last year. They still have the combine and pro days to get through.

True,the combine will tell us a bit more.Then we have to see what the Qb situation is.If teams need to draft a QB alot of players will fall

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

True,the combine will tell us a bit more.Then we have to see what the Qb situation is.If teams need to draft a QB alot of players will fall

Sidney fell because most teams could not or would not wait a year for his rehab.They needed a stop gap right away(good for us)

12 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

I would put Rashaad Evans on that list too. He will be a star in the NFL.

I have heard his name a ton for us I just have not looked into him yet like I said though I have not look at really any draft prospects minus the top tier guys we likely don't have a chance at ie Saquan Barkley 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sidney fell because most teams could not or would not wait a year for his rehab.They needed a stop gap right away(good for us)

Players fall for a number of reasons Sidney because of injury late in the draft process, Cook because of the off-field stuff also fumbling concerns, teams drafting need over best players.....All the ranking sites right now will change SOOOOOOOOOO much before the draft even get here.....Just think at this time 2 years ago Wentz wasn't even a 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder was being viewed around round 5 look how he rose and for good reason 

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Isaiah Wynn for a number of reasons

Wynn looks a tad small for my liking as an OT not sure he will have the length to hold up on the outside in the NFL but as an interior guy could be fine

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wynn looks a tad small for my liking as an OT not sure he will have the length to hold up on the outside in the NFL but as an interior guy could be fine

I'm hoping the rest of the teams above us feel the same way BG. LOL

I guess I might be the only guy who thinks that Taylor Hart could finally make the 53 man roster this year. I would like to see him get the job done because he would play with a mean streak if he got on the field. Like his long arms too. In fact I like all 6ft 6in 305 pounds of this guy.

You've gotta have Hart
All you really need is Hart
When the odds are sayin' you'll never win
That's when the grin should start
You've gotta have Hart!

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I'm hoping the rest of the teams above us feel the same way BG. LOL

I am sure his stock will take a hit at an OT teams will view him as a OG which is what he will have to be in the NFL and teams don't tend to value Gs as much as Ts 

Just now, 1wrangler said:

I guess I might be the only guy who thinks that Taylor Hart could finally make the 53 man roster this year. I would like to see him get the job done because he would play with a mean streak if he got on the field. Like his long arms too. In fact I like all 6ft 6in 305 pounds of this guy.

Would be fine but competition is never a bad thing :)  

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

I am sure his stock will take a hit at an OT teams will view him as a OG which is what he will have to be in the NFL and teams don't tend to value Gs as much as Ts 

This guy is football smart! That means a lot. He can also play any offensive line position and has in the past. He played LT this year though. How valuable is a guy like that to your team? I don't know but I like him at pick 32 as one of my picks. There will also be more to come later. The TE from Stanford I like as well at 32. Dalton Shultz. There are some other TE's that have better offensive stats than him but no other TE in the draft has the blocking skills he has along with receiving skills. If Celek and Burton don't come back, I would think that this type of TE would be appealing to the Eagles.  Otherwise, just keep one of them.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

This guy is football smart! That means a lot. He can also play any offensive line position and has in the past. He played LT this year though. How valuable is a guy like that to your team? I don't know but I like him at pick 32 as one of my picks. There will also be more to come later. The TE from Stanford I like as well at 32. Dalton Shultz. There are some other TE's that have better offensive stats than him but no other TE in the draft has the blocking skills he has along with receiving skills. If Celek and Burton don't come back, I would think that this type of TE would be appealing to the Eagles.  Otherwise, just keep one of them.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/isaiah-wynn?id=2559829

Not that I dislike the guy but stating facts would get overmatched on the outside if he consistently started as a OT which again could be a good thing for the Eagles let him fall could still be a depth option on the outside in a pinch(which is never a bad thing) and a starter on the interior and we love athletic OL which he would fit......The link of an NFC scout says they could even see him as a C which is something I could see us considering at 32 Kelce isn't getting any younger 

27 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Players fall for a number of reasons Sidney because of injury late in the draft process, Cook because of the off-field stuff also fumbling concerns, teams drafting need over best players.....All the ranking sites right now will change SOOOOOOOOOO much before the draft even get here.....Just think at this time 2 years ago Wentz wasn't even a 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder was being viewed around round 5 look how he rose and for good reason 

Just think of something else! Howie could have a couple trades up his sleeve before the draft and change the whole dynamic of needs in the draft.

20 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So I used to love CBSsports draft ranking site but now that they changed it up I am not a fan as much :( really quite disappointed 

Yeah more "progress"

10 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Just think of something else! Howie could have a couple trades up his sleeve before the draft and change the whole dynamic of needs in the draft.

That's a given

With Hicks health concerns, Bradham unknown if we bring him back  and not like Kendricks has the best track record for staying healthy...Getting a nice big LB could be a nice change of pace Edmunds is listed as 6'5 250 could be a great SAM LB for us 

9 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

With Hicks health concerns, Bradham unknown if we bring him back  and not like Kendricks has the best track record for staying healthy...Getting a nice big LB could be a nice change of pace Edmunds is listed as 6'5 250 could be a great SAM LB for us 

7 teams changed head coaches this year. How many of those 7 teams will be changing to a 3/4 defense? How many will be changing to a 4/3 defense? I can't answer that question but I'll bet the Eagles Brass can. That is where I would look for a linebacker first before the draft. Some expendable young LB on a rookie contract that doesn't fit in anymore with a new defense.

58 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So I used to love CBSsports draft ranking site but now that they changed it up I am not a fan as much :( really quite disappointed 

Seen that. Hope is just because combine hasnt started yet or something. Used to like it rankings and write up on players.

43 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

LB Josey Jewell, OT Brandon Parker, WR/KR/PR Janorian Grant are my mid round sleeper picks.

Man you are further ahead with picks than I am. I'm just trying to get 10 picks for the 32nd pick in the draft. LOL  Well actually I am figuring our first pick is the 27th pick since they are saying 5 qb's could go in the first. 

12 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Man you are further ahead with picks than I am. I'm just trying to get 10 picks for the 32nd pick in the draft. LOL  Well actually I am figuring our first pick is the 27th pick since they are saying 5 qb's could go in the first. 

So many options at 32 that could happen. I always thought its a slam dunk take OT. But dunno if anyone has seen it but the rankings are all over the place. Might be deep but im starting to think its not quality deep. So i went looking for mid round guys lol