Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

7 teams changed head coaches this year. How many of those 7 teams will be changing to a 3/4 defense? How many will be changing to a 4/3 defense? I can't answer that question but I'll bet the Eagles Brass can. That is where I would look for a linebacker first before the draft. Some expendable young LB on a rookie contract that doesn't fit in anymore with a new defense.

That is fine but we still need LBs regardless and Edmund and few other names could be on the board at 32 and would make sense for us.....Right now I am leaning between an OL and a LB at 32

Both OL and LB seem to have a good crop of guys that should be right in our range as well and could easily be the best players on the board.....DT seems pretty deep as well and the way we like to rotate I would not rule that out either 

QB - Wentz, Foles, Sudfield
RB - Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey
WR - Jefferey, Smith, Agholor, Hollins, Gibson, Johnson
TE - Ertz, Celek
OL - Peters, Wiz, Kelce, Brooks, Johnson, Vaitai, Seumalo, Warmack,

DE - Graham, Curry, Barnett, Long, Means
DT - Cox, Jerningan, Vaeao, Qualls
LB - Kendrick, Hicks, Gerry, KGH, Walker
CB - Jones, Mills, Darby, Douglas
S - Jenkins, McLeod, Maragos

ST - Lovato, Elliot, Jones

47 players signed next season. 6 mil over the cap. 6 picks in the draft.

RB questions with Ajayi 1 more year. Is he long term answer or do they draft a RB.

OL is aging. Seumalo and Warmack struggled.

LB depth is a big problem. Along with Hicks injuries and Bradham FA.

CB - Surprisingly looks strong. Need a 5th at least or a CB/S since Watkins looks to be FA.

S - Was shocked to see the cupboard bare behind Jenkins and McLeod. Either one gets injured Eagles could be in trouble.

Improving the lines is always a good plan... I just think our O line is strong enough that OLineman in the first is not a priority, with JP returning, another year in our Scheme,  guys like Seumalo, Warmack should improve. That kid Winn was impressive at Senior Bowl... I just don’t think  OL is the pick...I expect some Howie magic.  trade Shaggy for a mid / late first round keep our 32nd. I would like a guy like Derwin James  S, out of Fl.St that might be around in the later part of first round. This Draft should be about drafting quality, we have a Championship team in place. Is there a player in the top ten that Howie wants to go get.?  if I could get Graham the money he is looking for with a trade and picks.Curry, Peters... love those guys , Other than Wentz, Cox, Ertz, some of our young core ... this SuperBowl Champion needs to get younger and cheaper. GET ALL the return it can on it’s Championship players while their value is at its highest. We are not going to sit still with the same OLD team . Doug loves putting his youth out there if he thinks they’re ready. No sitting on our laurels.

17 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tremaine Edmunds could be an interesting name at LB as well great blend of size and speed 

Yeah mentioned him awhile back.He's one we have a shot at.Not fancy,but a very solid player

16 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

So many options at 32 that could happen. I always thought its a slam dunk take OT. But dunno if anyone has seen it but the rankings are all over the place. Might be deep but im starting to think its not quality deep. So i went looking for mid round guys lol 

Really would like to have McGlinchey as an OT. BU future starter in here to BU/compete with Big V.Believe this is JP's last year and we could use the depth. I mentioned Edmunds a few weeks ago.No clue where we could get him with no 2,3 picks.If he happens to fall into the 4th(with things as they stand right now) that would be a draft steal.Now that we won the SB,players will want to play for us and may do it for less loot than other places.So will be an interesting off season.Pity our staff has changed,but when you win you get pilfered for the talent.Ped should have been COA.He took a disaster 2 years ago and won the SB 2 years later.I don;t know what else you have to do as a coach to get that accolade???? That along with his gutsy pedal to the metal play calling and I can't see any other coach who even comes close to what he has achieved in 2 years

Okay, I saw the first rumor on Foles that makes sense even though I would not be for it. LOL  Foles to Denver. Eagles trade the 32 pick for Denvers 5th pick and two third round picks 71 and 99.  Bill Musgrave is the new offensive coordinator at Denver. Bill was with Chip Kelly for a year learning his system with the new college offenses and he improved Carr in Oakland when he implemented some of that offense. Foles played some of his best football while playing for Kelly. Musgrave and Foles could be a good match in Denver. Just a rumor fans and some rumors seem outlandish but I think this rumor actually makes some sense. Like I said, I like Foles in Philly but.........

6 hours ago, trini said:

Improving the lines is always a good plan... I just think our O line is strong enough that OLineman in the first is not a priority, with JP returning, another year in our Scheme,  guys like Seumalo, Warmack should improve. That kid Winn was impressive at Senior Bowl... I just don’t think  OL is the pick...I expect some Howie magic.  trade Shaggy for a mid / late first round keep our 32nd. I would like a guy like Derwin James  S, out of Fl.St that might be around in the later part of first round. This Draft should be about drafting quality, we have a Championship team in place. Is there a player in the top ten that Howie wants to go get.?  if I could get Graham the money he is looking for with a trade and picks.Curry, Peters... love those guys , Other than Wentz, Cox, Ertz, some of our young core ... this SuperBowl Champion needs to get younger and cheaper. GET ALL the return it can on it’s Championship players while their value is at its highest. We are not going to sit still with the same OLD team . Doug loves putting his youth out there if he thinks they’re ready. No sitting on our laurels.

True but maybe it IS a priority because this may be JP's last year and we need to get someone in here behind BIG V

15 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay, I saw the first rumor on Foles that makes sense even though I would not be for it. LOL  Foles to Denver. Eagles trade the 32 pick for Denvers 5th pick and two third round picks 71 and 99.  Bill Musgrave is the new offensive coordinator at Denver. Bill was with Chip Kelly for a year learning his system with the new college offenses and he improved Carr in Oakland when he implemented some of that offense. Foles played some of his best football while playing for Kelly. Musgrave and Foles could be a good match in Denver. Just a rumor fans and some rumors seem outlandish but I think this rumor actually makes some sense. Like I said, I like Foles in Philly but.........

Like him to stay,but he deserves a starter spot.Still believe AZ would be a perfect fit because he plays just like Palmer

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like him to stay,but he deserves a starter spot.Still believe AZ would be a perfect fit because he plays just like Palmer

I'm sure Fitz would agree and both he and his wife went to AZU,so a "homecoming" for them makes sense to me

Read where Dullazz may be interested in Burton to fix their TE situation.  Certainly in a better situation than we are to reel him in on a fair contract.and he plays on a regular basis.  Win-win for Burton and Dallazz.  Burton gets to play full time for more money and Dullazz gets to stick it to the Eagles and they have a TE with upside potential.  Maybe he now throws a pass to Zeke or Dak....

2 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

Read where Dullazz may be interested in Burton to fix their TE situation.  Certainly in a better situation than we are to reel him in on a fair contract.and he plays on a regular basis.  Win-win for Burton and Dallazz.  Burton gets to play full time for more money and Dullazz gets to stick it to the Eagles and they have a TE with upside potential.  Maybe he now throws a pass to Zeke or Dak....

I would hate that

Shaggy aka Nick Foles has made himself into an Eagle legend. I know we will do our best to treat him well, while trying to do what’s  best for the Eagles. This is a very aggressive FO and Coaching Staff. gotta strike while the iron is hot. 

@1wrangler I would think Denver would be perfect... our Birds won’t have to face him in the NFC... Elway seems to have an affinity for proven Championship caliber players...  Von Miller may want Cousins but Nick is a significantly cheaper option and just proved he can win in the playoffs and win the Big game...Shaggy aka Nick might be a more attractive option. If Howie gets to the fifth pick he trades up for a shot at Saquon hehehe I know MADNESS...riigghhttthehehehehe.

14 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

2 minutes ago, trini said:

Shaggy aka Nick Foles has made himself into an Eagle legend. I know we will do our best to treat him well, while trying to do what’s  best for the Eagles. This is a very aggressive FO and Coaching Staff. gotta strike while the iron is hot. 

@1wrangler I would think Denver would be perfect... our Birds won’t have to face him in the NFC... Elway seems to have an affinity for proven Championship caliber players...  Von Miller may want Cousins but Nick is a significantly cheaper option and just proved he can win in the playoffs and win the Big game...Shaggy aka Nick might be a more attractive option. If Howie gets to the fifth pick he trades up for a shot at Saquon hehehe I know MADNESS...riigghhttthehehehehe.

Elway has no affinity for choosing QB's What he mess he made

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Elway has no affinity for choosing QB's What he mess he made

At 5 Denver has a nice shot at a franchise QB.They could choose that route seeing how Elway spent boatloads on "pro's" with nothing to show for it and that would give them a future with a cheaper rook contract.At 15 IMO the top QB's are gone,so AZ will more than likely need to find a Foles or Cousins

He took Payton from the Colts and big name players Like DWare and Dawkins. Like many NFL teams that keep their aging stars too long, we have been one of those teams. Elway needs a winner NOW so his rings don’t get tarnished. Just saying Foles would be a safer bet and less expensive. As far as the sure fire franchise Qb at#5... that is always a Crap shoot ... especially with the recent QB fiascos in Bronco land.

3 minutes ago, trini said:

He took Payton from the Colts and big name players Like DWare and Dawkins. Like many NFL teams that keep their aging stars too long, we have been one of those teams. Elway needs a winner NOW so his rings don’t get tarnished. Just saying Foles would be a safer bet and less expensive. 

(see above) Peyton is Peyton,he could play anywhere.Actually the gnats best look into a future replacement for Eli soon as well

(see above) Peyton is Peyton,he could play anywhere.Actually the gnats best look into a future replacement for Eli soon as well

Not cheaper than a rook contract,that way they could spend more on a supporting cast,just like we did with Wentz

Denver-take your future QB at 5,then go out and get McCarron without giving up your 5 pick.Now you have your future in place at QB AND BU QB(like Wentz and Foles)

7 minutes ago, trini said:

He took Payton from the Colts and big name players Like DWare and Dawkins. Like many NFL teams that keep their aging stars too long, we have been one of those teams. Elway needs a winner NOW so his rings don’t get tarnished. Just saying Foles would be a safer bet and less expensive. As far as the sure fire franchise Qb at#5... that is always a Crap shoot ... especially with the recent QB fiascos in Bronco land.

Crapshoot bringing most QB's in.Elway saw that first hand.How many QB's move to other teams and die on the vine? Definition of a fool-doing the same things over and over again expecting different results

They have the supporting cast in place NOW...RB, Wr Defense and St core are  in place. QB is their biggest problem with a mature, expensive, Aging team the can win now with a decent QB. Foles is  a proven Champion he has been there and done it.

Crapshoot bringing most QB's in.Elway saw that first hand.How many QB's move to other teams and die on the vine? Definition of a fool-doing the same things over and over again expecting different results

And he's a former QB to boot!!

Just now, trini said:

They have the supporting cast in place NOW...RB, Wr Defense and St core are  in place. QB is their biggest problem with a mature, expensive, Aging team the can win now with a decent QB. Foles is  a proven Champion he has been there and done it.

Just saying at 5,there's your future,to win now you go get McCarron also(there's your starter) and you have your future QB waiting ion the wings.At 15 AZ has a different problem,the top QB's will be gone

1 minute ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

And he's a former QB to boot!!

I know,that why it's extra pathetic lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just saying at 5,there's your future,to win now you go get McCarron also(there's your starter) and you have your future QB waiting ion the wings.At 15 AZ has a different problem,the top QB's will be gone

I know,that why it's extra pathetic lol

Denver could even move up on the threat of getting barkley lol

Just now, EaglesNJ69 said:

A Stanford QB.  Gr8 players don't always make gr8 player decisions.  Oakland is a mess also but at least they have Carr.

Yeah really thought the Raiders would be tough this year,but......

Jets,Browns,Bills also need QB's