Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

Brees ain't getting younger either.Will be interesting to see which teams go after who,and who wants to draft a QB.Ain'ts could go for McCarron too

Colts could also be looking for QB . Luck may not make it back, been two yrs. Miami not totally committed to Tannerhill. Cutler s on his last leg.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay, I saw the first rumor on Foles that makes sense even though I would not be for it. LOL  Foles to Denver. Eagles trade the 32 pick for Denvers 5th pick and two third round picks 71 and 99.  Bill Musgrave is the new offensive coordinator at Denver. Bill was with Chip Kelly for a year learning his system with the new college offenses and he improved Carr in Oakland when he implemented some of that offense. Foles played some of his best football while playing for Kelly. Musgrave and Foles could be a good match in Denver. Just a rumor fans and some rumors seem outlandish but I think this rumor actually makes some sense. Like I said, I like Foles in Philly but.........

So the Eagles would get a top 5 pick plus two 3rd rounders for Foles......I would take that in a heartbeat.....I am sorry long-term in mind this helps us a lot more then keeping Foles as a backup....At 5th overall Eagles could be in play for the best OL, best LB, best S or hell the best player in the draft Saquan Barkley.....On top of getting a top 5 player in the draft which for a SB team doesn't happen we would then also have two 3rd rounders to strength our depth more 

I am also of the believe that Sudfield will be a fine backup capable of winning games for us.....That is my faith in the rest of the roster and Doug and Co. as coaches.....Hell final game of the season Sudfield looked pretty solid and that was with pretty much all backups vs the Dallas starters 

On a side note did we ever get a new WR coach????? 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Vikes have Badfraud,bridgewater,Keenum,think 1 or 2 of those go away

Forgot KC as well in need lol

Vikings have none of those QBs they need to sign one which likely happens but right now no QBs under contract.....As for KC they have Mahomes they don't need a QB they have there guy could use a nice Vet backup to help him along though 

Why do all these top experts keep having the Eagles go CB in the draft.....Unless this CB we are drafting is intended to make the transition to S  or way to good of a talent to pass up we don't need one we are pretty deep at CB as it is......Darby,Mills,Jones,Douglas all what 25 and under 

All of this talk for a OT and LB. Both are needed positions to address. But we also have a glaring weakness on the interior line. When Wis was out, the defenses had their way with us up the middle. Peters seems to want to come back, so OT may not be as big an issue as most think. OG/C pick may be the best option at 32, if that is where we pick from....

Just now, stine said:

All of this talk for a OT and LB. Both are needed positions to address. But we also have a glaring weakness on the interior line. When Wis was out, the defenses had their way with us up the middle. Peters seems to want to come back, so OT may not be as big an issue as most think. OG/C pick may be the best option at 32, if that is were we pick from....

I have stated that C could be in play for us and Wrangler has mention the kid from Georgia(Wynn) as a possible target at 32...Played LT in college but transitioned to LG at the senior bowl because of his size and has been dominate.....I have even read that some scouts view him as a possible C at the next level because of his smarts 

With OT being the more valuable position and many fans believe that you can just move anyone inside to play G(which isn't the case) isn't shocking that fans tend to want to neglect the interior OL.....Just one of those positions that tend to get over looked like STers fans seem to think just anyone can return kicks or punts or be gunners etc. which just isn't the case either 

Seumalo left me with very little confidence. He’s good for an emergency Gameday backup all the way across the line. That helps in the numbers game. He can assist in being that sixth Olineman. Pedey loves that personnel. That’s all I see out of him at this point. Wis earned the LG spot. Played really well. Warmack I believe has been spending fruitful time with Stout. Wasn’t that impressed at first but he obviously kept improving as the season went on. The offense kept trucking with him in the lineup. So he works for me as that first backup G in on either side. Kelce had probably his best season. Looking really good. We have two backup options for him at C. So to me the interior looks strong. The T spot is more troubling. Big V stepped up and kept it from being the train wreck that derailed our season. That was so huge! Can’t be overstated. We could get by one more season by bringing back Peters ...probably. But that is the concern spot. Can you really rely on Lane to protect the Franchise? If he wasn’t so boneheaded maybe the position wouldn’t be so shaky. You just can’t roll light at T with him as the main guy. I think we all agreed after his shameful season last year he could be relied on to keep clean one season. But it just seems like a matter of time until he is booted out of the league. We can’t have the whole franchise resting on his good sense. Lane requires having a starting caliber T as a backup. He pretty well killed last season for us. At other positions I could be more lax about the situation. But at T there is no room for it. I can’t abide by just whoops now Wentz is going to take big hits all the time because Lane screwed up. He already proved that. You know what they say: fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Well if everyone is ready to be fooled a third time and risk everything in that process....

18 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seumalo left me with very little confidence.

Same could have been said about AG....Seumalo is just now entering his 3rd year he can still turn it around I would not neglect the interior OL if given a chance to upgrade it in the draft but I am also not willing to write Seamulo off completely yet either.....Change to the slot greatly aided AG a move to C could do the same for Seamulo 

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Can you really rely on Lane to protect the Franchise? If he wasn’t so boneheaded maybe the position wouldn’t be so shaky.

You are seriously the only person that overly concerns yourself with this.....Lane did bone headed crap if he gets in trouble again he is gone that simple.....Eagles clearly are not as concerned with it as you are and feel like they are in a much better position to judge him then a fan.....Simple fact is OT is a concern not worrying about Lane.... If JP returns and plays another good year he still is only a stop gap at best....Big V might have shown enough that we think he can be our long term starter but after that we have nobody.....Our depth at OT is lacking we need another guy that can step in if anything happens.....having 3 OTs that can start seems like a must for teams 

Not invited to combine because of injuries. But im throwing a late round pick on him to secure him.

If Eagles dont go LB 1st round this is the guy i want later. NFL compares him to Sean Lee too! Skip Bayless man crush lol

Just now, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Not invited to combine because of injuries. But im throwing a late round pick on him to secure him

I like the fact you are looking at an actual return man and not just assuming we can throw anyone back there to return like many fans seem to think 

Eagles fans should know what a game changing return man can do.....Whether you want to look at Westy return vs teh Giants, Djax returns(giants is the big one) or Sproles returns in his stint here and likely many more can be listed.....They all had HUGE impacts on games and they all have help win us games  

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I like the fact you are looking at an actual return man and not just assuming we can throw anyone back there to return like many fans seem to think 

Yeah theres 3 aspects to the game O, D and ST. Its not just K Elliot. KR/PR is a big piece of the puzzle. Eagles didnt have that fizz without Sproles back there.

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

also if you truly believe Lane is all but destined to screw up again then the Eagles are in need of at least 2 more starting caliber OTs.....

This is probably more leaning towards how I feel about T. I would trade Lane at arguably a high. Especially if I can find someone desperate for a T, which someone always is. Peters has been a beast. But, like you said, at best he could only be effective for two more seasons. I’m not real high on betting on guys of that age. I would try and trade him also. I would make T a priority and change directions. Just my opinion on how I would proceed forward. I know I’m in the minority(not even close to the first time for that)...but doesn’t make me wrong.

2 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Yeah theres 3 aspects to the game O, D and ST. Its not just K Elliot. KR/PR is a big piece of the puzzle. Eagles didnt have that fizz without Sproles back there.

Seemed like everyone had determined to not give Sproles any return chances before he was injured. Kick it out of bounds or extra high giving up a bit of length was the plan from all the opposing coaches I heard. Return men can be taken out of play. They moved the kickoff up as well so kick returns are becoming rare. Seems like they only do the really high hangtime kickoffs to non threatening return men...if you have s legit return guy they just blast it through the endzone(or so deep it might as well be).

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seemed like everyone had determined to not give Sproles any return chances before he was injured. Kick it out of bounds or extra high giving up a bit of length was the plan from all the opposing coaches I heard. Return men can be taken out of play.

Kicking it high or toward the sidelines effects plays as well though teams can't pin you as far back because of it and are more likely to make a mistake.....If you are looking to sky kick it for more hang time you are going to lose distance and if you kick it just a tad off on a directional kick to the sideline you run the chance of a shank and poor kick....Great returner in that aspect still affects the play 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

And the Gmen even stated how that was a complete fowl up to give DJax the opportunity. The punter screwed up.

Doesn't matter if it is a mistake or not a great returner can capitalize on it.....Even if the returner is only given a chance to return 1 or 2 chances those two chances can change the outcome of a game whether it is on a fowl up by the punter or kicker or not