Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

I think the Bills are going to make a major push this year. They have a pretty decent core and a lot of capital going into the draft. A few right moves and maybe we'll be seeing them in the next Super Bowl! :thumbsup:

On 2/26/2018 at 9:15 AM, EaglesNJ69 said:

And he's a former QB to boot!!

On 2/26/2018 at 9:16 AM, GreenbleedinFL said:

I know,that why it's extra pathetic lol

Except it isn't because no one really knows what Lynch will be yet. In 2017, he suffered a shoulder injury in the preseason and didn't see playing time until Week 12, in which he suffered an ankle injury. Generally, it takes at least 3 season to be able to know how these prospects will turn out, him being injured for the majority of last season hindered his growth as a player, no?

Some of you guys are willing to give up on players way too soon. Look at Nelson Agholor and Brandon Graham as 2 prime examples.

23 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So the Eagles would get a top 5 pick plus two 3rd rounders for Foles......I would take that in a heartbeat.....I am sorry long-term in mind this helps us a lot more then keeping Foles as a backup....At 5th overall Eagles could be in play for the best OL, best LB, best S or hell the best player in the draft Saquan Barkley.....On top of getting a top 5 player in the draft which for a SB team doesn't happen we would then also have two 3rd rounders to strength our depth more 

I'd do that deal in a hillbillies heartbeat.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

I'd do that deal in a hillbillies heartbeat.

Same, but in my mind that's just never gonna come to fruition. Maybe in a different year, but there's so many QB's coming into conversation this year now there's talk of "collusion" between the owners to keep the paychecks down. lol Damn russian trolls.

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Same, but in my mind that's just never gonna come to fruition. Maybe in a different year, but there's so many QB's coming into conversation this year now there's talk of "collusion" between the owners to keep the paychecks down. lol Damn russian trolls.

It may, or may not. It's just a rumor, the NFL is rife with rumors and speculation this time of year.

Agreed, which is why i become more complacent this time of year. The beautiful thing this year is that the wait between our last game and the draft is seriously shorter! I don't watch college and know nothing of the prospects. I'm just sitting back and letting it all roll.

Because i'd like to see him stay? I really have no complaint about how he's played and didn't think he was showing signs of diminishing. Aside from forgetting to take off his warm-up pants that one time.  hah

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Because i'd like to see him stay? I really have no complaint about how he's played and didn't think he was showing signs of diminishing. Aside from forgetting to take off his warm-up pants that one time.  hah

His retirement saves the Eagles $1.6 million against the cap this year, with his age and money the Eagles were paying him, he was likely going to be a question mark to return. Can't keep everyone.

Looks like pretty average numbers for the position. 1.6 doesn't make or break us. Anyways, my comment is more of the sentimental bit than dollar value. Been hearing that name for a long time and we knew what we had with him. You're right, and it's obvious that we can't keep everyone.  Now we have to find a new guy and get used to that.

4 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

Now we have to find a new guy and get used to that.

Cameron Johnston, he was with the Eagles last year and did pretty well last preseason, they signed him to a reserve/futures contract last month.

Also, while $1.6 million doesn't make or break the Eagles, they are estimated to be $9+ million over the cap, so it'll obviously help and if Celek decides to retire, there's another $4 million.

Eagles really need to shore up the LB on O-line more than any other area. Not sure if they sign any Free agents, but Bennie Logan is available. He did not do much last year so may opt to come back to Philly for a season. I would sign him for the right price.... That would take care of the D-Line....

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

Why? He played 14 seasons in the NFL, he's no spring chicken.

Was this his 1st SB win? If so might as well go out on top at his age.

22 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Except it isn't because no one really knows what Lynch will be yet. In 2017, he suffered a shoulder injury in the preseason and didn't see playing time until Week 12, in which he suffered an ankle injury. Generally, it takes at least 3 season to be able to know how these prospects will turn out, him being injured for the majority of last season hindered his growth as a player, no?

Some of you guys are willing to give up on players way too soon. Look at Nelson Agholor and Brandon Graham as 2 prime examples.

We were talking about his past decisions.  The present and future is anyone's conviction.  Never said about giving up on any specific player.

4 minutes ago, EaglesNJ69 said:

We were talking about his past decisions. 

What past decisions, exactly? He became the GM of the Broncos in 2011, in 2012, he signed Peyton Manning, he added Talib, Ware and T.J Ward, had 2 trips to the Super Bowl, lost to the Seahawks, won against the Panthers, in the 7 years he's been the GM, they've made the playoffs in 5 of those 7, the moves he's made  have paid off.