Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Big Roles Ahead For 2017 Rookie Class

Derek Barnett recovered a late fourth-quarter fumble and played 34 defensive snaps and seven special teams snaps in Super Bowl LII. Corey Clement accounted for 108 yards of offense on 24 snaps from the line of scrimmage. Jake Elliott booted three field goals. Mack Hollins played 17 snaps at wide receiver. Nathan Gerry was a core piece on special teams. Rasul Douglas saw seven snaps of action on special teams ...

View the full article

Derek Barnett looks like an absolute monster! Unbelievable pass rushing phenom! I think years from now when we look back it might just be Graham,Curry,Long, Barwin,Cole....who? Barnett looks to be that kind of talent.

Sidney Jones is the guy I am most excited to see in action....This was a top 15 player last year possibly even top 10 before his injury.....DL get a ton of praise but not sure there is a more interesting and exciting group then our young CBs on the entire team 

Chris Pedduzi Head Atheletic Trainer is stepping down after 19 years here. I didn’t see that one coming. Thank you Chris. I hope everything is ok with his and his family’s health. Hopefully he just wanted to recharge the batteries and spend some quality time with his family.

Just one possibility:

Derrick Kindred would solve the Eagles depth issues at safety

So what would it take for the Eagles to get Kindred? Cleveland drafted Jabrill Peppers in the first round last year and would prefer to move him in Kindred's role, making Kindred expendable. Kindred is a versatile player like Malcolm Jenkins, demonstrating he can play cornerback and line up in the box.

Graham played the role as third safety for the Eagles last year, allowing the Eagles to put Jenkins in the box when Jordan Hicks went down (Jenkins played 42 percent of his snaps at linebacker). If the Eagles were to acquire Kindred, they could use him in Graham's role or keep Jenkins at safety and allow Kindred to play in the box...or alternate them. 

Philadelphia would also have a 24-year old player with two years left on his rookie deal. Kindred is owed just $754,839 in 2018 and $844,839 in 2019, giving the Eagles plenty of time to groom him into a starting role for Jenkins or McLeod down the line. 

Cleveland wound want a mid-round pick for Kindred, as they will be looking to collect more assets. The Eagles can part ways with one of their fourth-round picks (No. 127 for No. 128) to get a deal done for Kindred...who could be a fixture in Philadelphia's secondary for years to come. 

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Derrick-Kindred-would-solve-the-Eagles-depth-issues-at-safety--115430424

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Just one possibility:

Derrick Kindred would solve the Eagles depth issues at safety

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Derrick-Kindred-would-solve-the-Eagles-depth-issues-at-safety--115430424

I read an article not long ago with the author making a point that the safety position was made for Douglas and that the Eagles should let Corey Graham and Jaylan Watkins go and insert Douglas as our third safety. I have always thought that Mills would make a better safety than CB but Douglas is 6ft 2 and was pretty much of a ball hawk in college. He even had a couple picks for the Eagles earlier this past season. Maybe he needs a look at safety in training camp.  Doesn't hurt to see although I don't think he ever played the position in college.

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Derek Barnett looks like an absolute monster! Unbelievable pass rushing phenom! I think years from now when we look back it might just be Graham,Curry,Long, Barwin,Cole....who? Barnett looks to be that kind of talent.

I am wondering now if Graham will be back after next season. He will be 31 years of age before he starts his 2019 season and wants big bucks on his new contract. Will the Eagles have the kind of cash to pay Graham what he is looking for? And if they do, will they still "want" to sign a 31 year old to that kind of cash?  Rumor was the Eagles were trying to resign Graham back in November and they couldn't agree on money so they postponed a deal. The Eagles usually resign a player they intend to keep in the last year of his contract or let him fly in free agency. It will be telling if he isn't resigned sometime this year.

45 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I am wondering now if Graham will be back after next season. He will be 31 years of age before he starts his 2019 season and wants big bucks on his new contract. Will the Eagles have the kind of cash to pay Graham what he is looking for? And if they do, will they still "want" to sign a 31 year old to that kind of cash?  Rumor was the Eagles were trying to resign Graham back in November and they couldn't agree on money so they postponed a deal. The Eagles usually resign a player they intend to keep in the last year of his contract or let him fly in free agency. It will be telling if he isn't resigned sometime this year.

Agree. As much as you would like to keep players it is a business with a salary cap you have to think about.

55 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I know many dont want to think about it but Graham could be prime trade bait......He is going to be 30 and on the final year of his deal and he is likely looking to cash out this will be his final chance.....He is also coming off his best season as a pro 

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

I read an article not long ago with the author making a point that the safety position was made for Douglas and that the Eagles should let Corey Graham and Jaylan Watkins go and insert Douglas as our third safety. I have always thought that Mills would make a better safety than CB but Douglas is 6ft 2 and was pretty much of a ball hawk in college. He even had a couple picks for the Eagles earlier this past season. Maybe he needs a look at safety in training camp.  Doesn't hurt to see although I don't think he ever played the position in college.

My only issue with moving Douglas right now is would it hinder his development year 2 is suppose to be the big jump for young players and Douglas has been a CB in college and his first year in the pros.....Eagles like our S to have a CB background so not sure we need to rush to move Douglas over there just yet 

I still want to bring Corey Graham back. I know he isn’t the huge signing like Brandon Graham would be. But Schwartz used him a bunch. I don’t think he will be looking for a massive contract. I also think he enjoys being on a contender for a change. So not vet minimum but nothing major. We also have Tre Sullivan that looks like he can develop. Watkins is also a free agent. Watkins can be useful also. He backed up the corner spot as a backup S. Nice to have that versatility in a backup DB. The thing with Watkins is I could see him taking over the slot. He has pretty good speed and quickness. He’s pretty fluid. Plus he has those long arms. Probably retain him for near vet minimum.

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Marcus Peters to the Rams that is a huge boost for the Rams D

If he doesn't destroy their locker room. A lotta stuff coming out of KC about him lately

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Other than the locker room thing, he would ask to come out in games for no reason. Not sure I want players who do not want to play. That is much more a issue. I mean Chiefs have Kelce who creates plenty of issues in the locker room

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not sure it’s a huge boost. But they don’t fall backwards either. Trumaine Johnson is a free agent they are losing. Very good corner. The big deal is the price difference. They were tagging Johnson and instead get Peters on his rookie deal. That’s like a 12 mil difference.