Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Roger Goodell Expected to Fine Jerry Jones Millions of Dollars

Then Jerry will take this fine and be fined even more for going to court for this. So the $2 million turns into $4 million. Two egos going head to head. Battle of the jackazzes. Should be fun.

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah but on top of that, he has to go to Philadelphia, stand atop the Rocky steps and sing Fly, Eagles Fly for an hour while wearing this shirt...

thumb.jpg.2510e4537406f69a74eaed08b3668978.jpg

His muffled screams have gotten louder lately...

I'd be down for that. Screw Jerry. Maybe it'll upset and embarrass him enough to hire a real GM and coaching staff.

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

I'd be down for that. Screw Jerry. Maybe it'll upset and embarrass him enough to hire a real GM and coaching staff.

FB_IMG_1519761559601.jpg

I don't think this is Goodell. I think it's the leftists owners pressuring Goodell to fine Jones. There's a lot more to it than just the Ezekiel suspension. This goes back to the kneeling issue where Jones confronted certain owners for damaging the league while they allow their players to take a knee during the anthem.

On 2/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Right?

Goodell sucks too.

It just comes off as sour grapes.

Nope it’s  one of those things   JJ threw all his cards on the table going after the commish during contract negotiations. He lost.  Time to pay the fiddler.  

If the cowboys are winning and zeke is allowed to get away with anything he wants then all is good in cowboy land and JJ has nonproblem with the commish.  But that wasn’t the case.

Talk about sour grapes...

seriously could JJ have done a crappier job of running that team last year?  Fighting the suspension to the point where they lost their best player at the most critical time of the year? Defending a man that physically abused a women on several occasions?  Threading to sue othe owners if they don’t do what he wants them to do?  

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he has to write that check to the nfl. 

Then to top it all off the eagles win the super bowl in such dramatic fashion the cowboys will never top and found themselves sitting on a franchise coach and QB as well  also s a backup we better that the cowboys starting QB! :roll:

These are glorious times. And to think that for all these years I thought football gods hated the eagles.  

This is what happens when you vote against the politician and lose

23 hours ago, Excel said:

I don't think this is Goodell. I think it's the leftists owners pressuring Goodell to fine Jones. There's a lot more to it than just the Ezekiel suspension. This goes back to the kneeling issue where Jones confronted certain owners for damaging the league while they allow their players to take a knee during the anthem.

NFL owners skew Republican about 2-1.  Why would that not be the case?

This is coming from the other owners to put Jones in his place. The ranking owner comments, threatening to sue the league, forcing his way onto the compensation committee, etc.

Jones has basically been out of control all year, and guys like the Rooneys and Maras are reminding him not to attack his fellow owners.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/jerry-jones-ranking-owner-claim-rankles-other-owners/

On 2/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, Don Corleone said:

So if this is about recouping legal costs, and Jerry pursues legal action against the league to fight these fines, could he end up owing more?  Cause that would be neat.

8 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

So if this is about recouping legal costs, and Jerry pursues legal action against the league to fight these fines, could he end up owing more?  Cause that would be neat.

Yes. Let alone the legal costs he has incurred already from his side of thr battle. 

"Jerruh . . . it's time to 'Pay Up' "  :

Image result for crypt keeper with money
450 × 237Images may be subject to copyright

It' not a fine it's reimbursement for legal fees and there is a rule that if an owner brings litigation to other owners (I'm assuming this only pertains when they lose but I didn't read anything about that) than he is responsible for the legal fees of both sides.  This is actually the way British courts are, in america each side pays their own fees unless there is a contract in place...which in this case, there is.  Goodell in this instance is acting as the mouthpiece of the other owners, and it's mostly the owners who were part of the committee  who had to rule on Goodell's extension.

Other owners, especially Kraft, were irritated that when it was other players getting suspended Jerry was still backing the comish but as soon as it was one of his own players he started creating a row, trying to turn owners against Goodell and threatening litigation against his peers.  At the crux of it, I think Jerry thinks he is above his peers and is the mouthpiece for the owners and the other owners don't like that.

Now I'm not sure how this plays out, I'm not sure if you can recoup legal fees used to prepare a case that never actually went to litigation.  

Jerruh could just pay the 2 mil and move on with football, but his ego won't allow it.  He'd rather spend another 5 to fight this and drag it on all summer.  

I hope jerry lives to 200 years old and his ego continues to be the albatross around the cowboys neck.

This is how billionaire play with their money. They all have huge egos and are use to getting their ways. 

2 hours ago, gch said:

This is how billionaire play with their money. They all have huge egos and are use to getting their ways. 

They do have huge egos but only Jerry seems to think he knows better than a real GM which has resulted in how many playoff wins in the last 20 years?  And his fanbase still worship him. 

And it’s awesome. 

Fighting the zeke suspension cost his team and now it’s costing him more money.  

Stupid...stupid...stupid. 

10 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

They do have huge egos but only Jerry seems to think he knows better than a real GM which has resulted in how many playoff wins in the last 20 years?  And his fanbase still worship him. 

And it’s awesome. 

Fighting the zeke suspension cost his team and now it’s costing him more money.  

Stupid...stupid...stupid. 

Nah a lot of the fanbase hate him and garrett.  I just love that no matter how much they hate him...hes the owner and nobody can do anything about that ???????

On 3/2/2018 at 7:53 PM, gch said:

FB_IMG_1520186050905.jpg