Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Corleone

NFL could change DPI from spot foul to 15-yard penalty

22 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

It actually used to be that way i think. If they do change it back i would put a clause in where intentional pass interference is a spot foul. Id like to see the illegal contact penalty completely removed. 

Yeah I could absolutely get on board with that. So in other words if its a tight call but PI is the decision then it's 15 yards but if its intentional and clearly deliberate then it's a spot foul. I guess my one question there... Isn't the call of deliberate or not subjective and a matter of opinion? 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I could absolutely get on board with that. So in other words if its a tight call but PI is the decision then it's 15 yards but if its intentional and clearly deliberate then it's a spot foul. I guess my one question there... Isn't the call of deliberate or not subjective and a matter of opinion? 

Yeah kinda. I know in basketball it gets iffy at times. In football obviously it could too but in general if the db never gets his head around or is smoked and tackles a guy it gets a little more obvious. I just dont know how you prevent guys from just taking guys down when they are beat deep if its only 15 hards. 

20 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Yeah kinda. I know in basketball it gets iffy at times. In football obviously it could too but in general if the db never gets his head around or is smoked and tackles a guy it gets a little more obvious. I just dont know how you prevent guys from just taking guys down when they are beat deep if its only 15 hards. 

Yeah you're right there has to be a line as otherwise a DB is going to take the PI every single time. Something for the NFL to think about I guess but that's a tough one. 

On 2/27/2018 at 8:53 PM, BDAWK_4EVER said:

They need to get rid of automatic first down for defensive holding also, biggest crock of ish 

That I agree with. I’d rather it be a 10 yard penalty and if that picks up the first down fine. If not it’s a replay the down situation.

I don’t like changing the PI rule. Too easy for DBs to just take the 15 when beat. I would like to see them be more hesitant to call PI though. Especially on deep balls that are way underthrown. It basically gives the DB no shot to avoid committing a penalty the way it is right now. They shouldn’t reward the offense for bad throws.