Sign in to follow this  
Eglzfan39

Texans to shun kneeling FAs?

We currently have police on video murdering citizens, also publicly confessing in court to being guilty to raping suspects, beating suspects, deliberately planting evidence on suspects, extorting money from suspects, stealing money and possessions from suspects, then the court system takes people's homes, vehicles, personal possesions, forcing them into incarceration and also slave labor, while police forces reallocate resources away from violent crime like rape, murder, assault and robbery toward drug enforcement because it's more lucrative. 

We also have private prisons who specifically require law enforcement provide a 95% occupancy rate which results in more than 85% of the occupants being there on charges equal to less than an ounce of marijuana

We lead the world in incarceration of our own citizens

Our country's top law enforcement officer personally profits off of incarceration of Our citizens through private prisons and gets stricter on marijuana enforcement despite over 1/2 of the country democratically elects to decriminalize it

All of this has lead to a police force that has military grade equipment purchased by  over blown budgets resulted from inflated crime stats padded by minor possession busts

Nixons own man Ehrlichman admits the war on drugs was to specifically target citizens who opposed the Vietnam War, or anyone who opposed his political ideals.

The top lobbies keeping marijuana illegal are alcohol, tobacco, pharma, police, private prisons.

Anybody who kneels (not speaks out) in protest is specifically black listed from their jobs

ALL OF THIS IS UNDENIABLE FACT WITH PAPER TRAILS TO PRIVE IT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT!

And the "bad guys" smoke a plant!:facepalm:

For for those awaiting the signs of tyranny to start a revolution with your stock pile of weapons.....

Tyranny has been occurring under your nose for 40 years and you got duped by the oppressors literally just saying "we're the good guys":thumbsup:

20 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

You just sound butthurt. Did you actually look at the Super Bowl's numbers? Mostly in-line with the others, hardly a dent.

I think the REAL truth is that while a small portion of the market was offended, and a larger part offended in a knee jerk reaction, the majority didn't care when it mattered. Which is how statistics usually work. Generally the extremes are the minorities, and the majority does not give a flying F. The only general exception is direct politics, like elections. In which case both sides have mostly people pretending to know what they're talking about, but don't.

Like I said, if you support this, I dare them to do it with Watson and Hopkins. They won't. They're doing it particularly because those FA are not what they want as players. If it was someone they wanted back, they'd be back. End of story.

I think you're probably undersetimating the impact/number of people upset with the protests. Otherwise, why were corporate sponsors worried about it? And why did the networks stop airing the national anthem?

And, if you are right about the last part, then this story is about agents basically libeling Texans ownership. And anyone calling out the Texans fell for it.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, Eglzfan39 said:

Thoughts on this headline, per the Houston chronicle :

Two NFL agents told the Houston Chronicle that the Texans "aren't interested" in any players who have knelt during the national anthem to protest police brutality.

We posted this blurb under S Eric Reid because he is a free agent who knelt during the anthem. Per the Chronicle's Jerome Solomon, "it is considered to be understood" within the Texans' organization that owner Bob McNair would not sign off on any free agents "who (have) participated in protests or are likely to." In fact, Solomon passes along that there are "many who believe if McNair could field a team with all-white, all-conforming all-pro talent, he would."

What owner wouldnt? If you gave me a pool of players and 53 of them were pro-bowlers, i wouldnt care if they were all white, all black, all chinese, all from russia, or whatever else... That statement is stupid. 

On 3/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, NE.Jon said:

when it comes down to it , the inmates will hush up and take the money . There is only  1696 spots in the NFL  Money talks BS walks 

The article said they wouldn't sign anyone who had participated in protests, so even if the player would stop kneeling to go play for them they wouldn't have the chance.

It's their business, they can do what they want but limiting your talent pool is a bold strategy, Cotton.

4 hours ago, jfluke said:

I think you're probably undersetimating the impact/number of people upset with the protests. Otherwise, why were corporate sponsors worried about it? And why did the networks stop airing the national anthem?

And, if you are right about the last part, then this story is about agents basically libeling Texans ownership. And anyone calling out the Texans fell for it.

Because even 10% in a gigantic market like the NFL affects the bottom line significantly. The pie is so big that the per percentage losses are enormous. And they feel if they can make that much money more for their ratings and thus their ability to charge for advertisements, why not do it? Essentially, they aren't a part of the NFL and aren't willing to lose a penny in support of their playerbase. Which is their choice, they are their own company. 

3 hours ago, Captain F said:

What owner wouldnt? If you gave me a pool of players and 53 of them were pro-bowlers, i wouldnt care if they were all white, all black, all chinese, all from russia, or whatever else... That statement is stupid. 

Because when taken in combination with the belief that "He has no interest in any players that protested or potentially will protest" the apparent priority is that these players are conforming, not that they are talented.

I agree that portion of the report in isolation means little but still, the fact that "All-white" is included in that sentence at all is pretty telling.  You're completely on point that race shouldn't matter but based on the belief of many close to McNair, it clearly matters to him.  Where there's smoke, there's usually fire

Sounds like a bunch of pathetic snowflake whiners complaining about freedom of speech.

You have the right to be an a-hole. They have the right to want nothing to do with you. 

This is why Greg Hardy does not have a job. Reid is just a different flavor of being an a-hole.

The Texans will get just about any player they want and a few crybaby kneelers won't change that.

Bob McNair is in the entertainment business and there is nothing entertaining about hatred towards America.

Protesting is fine, but kneeling or sitting during the anthem is an act of hatred. It is the same thing as the middle finger.

This is not the same as McNair's stupid and hateful comment. He crossed a line and he paid for it. His team has moved on past it.

Much of the team knelt in disrespect the next week because the clear message was that they were disrespecting McNair for his comment. It was a 1 week thing and it was over.

21 hours ago, skippyx said:

Sounds like a bunch of pathetic snowflake whiners complaining about freedom of speech.

You have the right to be an a-hole. They have the right to want nothing to do with you. 

This is why Greg Hardy does not have a job. Reid is just a different flavor of being an a-hole.

The Texans will get just about any player they want and a few crybaby kneelers won't change that.

Bob McNair is in the entertainment business and there is nothing entertaining about hatred towards America.

Protesting is fine, but kneeling or sitting during the anthem is an act of hatred. It is the same thing as the middle finger.

This is not the same as McNair's stupid and hateful comment. He crossed a line and he paid for it. His team has moved on past it.

Much of the team knelt in disrespect the next week because the clear message was that they were disrespecting McNair for his comment. It was a 1 week thing and it was over.

Did you put your MAGA hat on to write all of that?

1 hour ago, L.E. said:

Did you put your MAGA hat on to write all of that?

I hate Trump but people like you think anyone who disagrees with you must be some kind of stereotype.

The only message I ever took from Eric Reid kneeling was this:

i-m-with-stupid.png

Kaepernick showed himself to be ignorance and hatred personified on full display through social media, clothing, and interviews.

• Anyone who disagrees with this is a liar or ignorant or both.
  • The true idiot is someone who does not think 'CK discount bin red 7' has to be held up to Dr King's standard of 'content of their character'
  • Someone like Warrick Dunn gets a 5 minute blurb for his work, but CK becomes a liberal legend for pouting over losing his job

Half of the kneeling was not even done for any reason other than to support Kaepernick (he even got his own Spike Lee rally :towel:)

Brandon Marshall in Denver was his college teammate and fraternity brother (his only cause was having his friend's back)

• He lost 2 endorsements over it and stated that he did not understand why those companies stopped endorsing him (yes, he is that stupid)
  • He replaced those with RUSHCARD a black owned 'subjugation card' that charges poor black people service charges and high interest rates for fake credit cards.
  • 2 rich black millionaires making a deal to better exploit poor black people somehow furthers the fight against SOCIAL INJUSTICE. :facepalm:

Marshawn Lynch sits for no reason other than he is ignorant and disrespectful

• These are three key kneeler ring leaders and there is not a shred of integrity in the 3 of them combined.
  • Respect is earned. No one respected any of the kneelers except for people who were already so far liberal that they support anything against some vague 'the man'
  • I could go on and on about how cities pay millions to families who's loved ones are hurt or killed over police violence, but that does not fit the narrative that kneelers are somehow fixing the world.

Lets try analogy. If I destroy your car with a sledge hammer to protest racial injustice, will you support my cause and love me for it?

• Why not, I am right after all? 
  • You don't care about presentation
  • You don't care about respect
  • You just care about the cause and anyone who is insulted is a bad person
  • How dare you have a problem with your car being destroyed

Kaepernick became an awful QB (4-20 in his last 24) and he is just as bad as a social media protester (his own words and actions make him ineligible to be the face of any team).

4a0bddcd2fa10180ca204d79a4f1227a.jpg

On 3/6/2018 at 9:31 AM, birdman#12 said:

So agents and media are sort of protesting an owner who doesn't like anthem protestors?

This sounds like another speculation on how owners reacted to the protest.....  Who gives a sh-- anyway?  He owns the team....why the hell should he sign anybody he didn't respect?

The players protested......and actions have consequences.  So who cares?

Agree with every point you made.  Couldn't have said it better

On 3/7/2018 at 4:39 PM, pdmkob said:

We currently have police on video murdering citizens, also publicly confessing in court to being guilty to raping suspects, beating suspects, deliberately planting evidence on suspects, extorting money from suspects, stealing money and possessions from suspects, then the court system takes people's homes, vehicles, personal possesions, forcing them into incarceration and also slave labor, while police forces reallocate resources away from violent crime like rape, murder, assault and robbery toward drug enforcement because it's more lucrative. 

We also have private prisons who specifically require law enforcement provide a 95% occupancy rate which results in more than 85% of the occupants being there on charges equal to less than an ounce of marijuana

We lead the world in incarceration of our own citizens

Our country's top law enforcement officer personally profits off of incarceration of Our citizens through private prisons and gets stricter on marijuana enforcement despite over 1/2 of the country democratically elects to decriminalize it

All of this has lead to a police force that has military grade equipment purchased by  over blown budgets resulted from inflated crime stats padded by minor possession busts

Nixons own man Ehrlichman admits the war on drugs was to specifically target citizens who opposed the Vietnam War, or anyone who opposed his political ideals.

The top lobbies keeping marijuana illegal are alcohol, tobacco, pharma, police, private prisons.

Anybody who kneels (not speaks out) in protest is specifically black listed from their jobs

ALL OF THIS IS UNDENIABLE FACT WITH PAPER TRAILS TO PRIVE IT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT!

And the "bad guys" smoke a plant!:facepalm:

For for those awaiting the signs of tyranny to start a revolution with your stock pile of weapons.....

Tyranny has been occurring under your nose for 40 years and you got duped by the oppressors literally just saying "we're the good guys":thumbsup:

Yes yes police bad. Hey if somthing goes down in your house I bet you'll screaming for the Police to come save your a**. Sick of this poor poor criminal bad cop crap

On 3/8/2018 at 1:09 PM, Captain F said:

Ah here lies the rub. If I had a team with 53 all pro Black Players Great. An all pro White 53 player would spark a National Outrage

7 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Yes yes police bad. Hey if somthing goes down in your house I bet you'll screaming for the Police to come save your a**. Sick of this poor poor criminal bad cop crap

Sick of cops admitting to crime openly in court and everything listed above, yet being made out to be holier than thou. 

Also, I have had cops arrive late to the scene after fending off attackers, and was reluctant to allow them to linger on my property because they begin looking for reasons to bust people. 

If your so in love with police, feel free to "open up" to them, and cconfess to things because they are your buddies, and are going to "help you" in court.

1 hour ago, pdmkob said:

your so in love with police, feel free to "open up" to them, and cconfess to things because they are your buddies, and are going to "help you" in court.

My two brothers are police and I work alongside them in EMS so yes they actually are my buddies. Good people proud to call many friends. So I know what I'm talking about first hand. Do you? Or are you just spouting what you hear on Huffington post or some other cop hating pro criminal source?

1 hour ago, Uscg-Green said:

My two brothers are police and I work alongside them in EMS so yes they actually are my buddies. Good people proud to call many friends. So I know what I'm talking about first hand. Do you? Or are you just spouting what you hear on Huffington post or some other cop hating pro criminal source?

Yes. My cousin was actually murdered by a police officer who she was dating and even a layman could analyze the basic info from a newspaper article and know it was shady, but he got off Scott free. I grew up in an area where police routinely exploited their power and blatantly broke the law and abused their power. 

I have had repeated run ins with law enforcement who have overstepped their authority. 

So 100 % YES! 

8 hours ago, pdmkob said:

Yes. My cousin was actually murdered by a police officer who she was dating and even a layman could analyze the basic info from a newspaper article and know it was shady, but he got off Scott free. I grew up in an area where police routinely exploited their power and blatantly broke the law and abused their power. 

I have had repeated run ins with law enforcement who have overstepped their authority. 

So 100 % YES! 

AND I could flood this page with Officers doing good. Saving lives. I work with these fine men and women everyday.  They don't deserve the crap they get. We have our rivalry but I couldn't know better people

1 hour ago, Uscg-Green said:

AND I could flood this page with Officers doing good. Saving lives. I work with these fine men and women everyday.  They don't deserve the crap they get. We have our rivalry but I couldn't know better people

The silence of the good ones makes them complicit with the bad ones. 

Your relationship with relatives and friends in law enforcement doesn't erase the list of facts from my original statement concerning the war on drugs.

It is what it is. We have 40 years of FACTS and PROOF

Good people wouldn't be active participants in this blatant tyranny towards a nation's citizens. 

Definatively NOT for $35-50,000 a year plus govt benefits. 

But if the revolutionary second amendment types actually believe for a second that their "friends and family" in law enforcement and the military will somehow risk ANYTHING AT ALL to start a revolution, we already have a clear example of 40 years worth of history that they indeed WILL NOT!

Their conscience has been bought with a Ford Crown Victoria/Chevy Caprice, a teachers salary, and a few perks like a pension. 

And your personal public opinion towards the activists, literally exercising their rights to try to make a change, has been easily manipulated by the simplest of propaganda. 

You guys are not the ones who would be fighting off the oppresors, your the ones goose stepping. 

Obtw. 

Don't forget

Smoking a plant...... that's the "bad guys". Ruining peoples lives, is your version of the " good guys", because they pulled a few strings to get you out of a speeding violation, putting innocent people's lives in danger, that you were clearly guilty of. (Just a typical example)

And guess what else, doing GOOD things for citizens is LITERALLY THEIR JOB!! 

11 minutes ago, pdmkob said:

The silence of the good ones makes them complicit with the bad ones. 

Your relationship with relatives and friends in law enforcement doesn't erase the list of facts from my original statement concerning the war on drugs.

It is what it is. We have 40 years of FACTS and PROOF

Good people wouldn't be active participants in this blatant tyranny towards a nation's citizens. 

Definatively NOT for $35-50,000 a year plus govt benefits. 

But if the revolutionary second amendment types actually believe for a second that their "friends and family" in law enforcement and the military will somehow risk ANYTHING AT ALL to start a revolution, we already have a clear example of 40 years worth of history that they indeed WILL NOT!

Their conscience has been bought with a Ford Crown Victoria/Chevy Caprice, a teachers salary, and a few perks like a pension. 

And your personal public opinion towards the activists, literally exercising their rights to try to make a change, has been easily manipulated by the simplest of propaganda. 

You guys are not the ones who would be fighting off the oppresors, your the ones goose stepping. 

Obtw. 

Don't forget

Smoking a plant...... that's the "bad guys". Ruining peoples lives, is your version of the " good guys", because they pulled a few strings to get you out of a speeding violation, putting innocent people's lives in danger, that you were clearly guilty of. (Just a typical example)

And guess what else, doing GOOD things for citizens is LITERALLY THEIR JOB!! 

Ah your one of those the man is keeping me down. Who said I've ever used anyone to get out of anything.  I don't speed I follow the law. I don't smoke a plant again against the law. And it makes you stupid and lazy. See it's not hard. Don't want to deal with them well don't break the law. My 8 year old understands that. People are here today because my brothers have put themselves between people and danger. Can you say the same?  And I promise you they dont do it for the pay or to get out of tickets. BTW pension isn't great. They do it because it is a calling. A desire to do good. But I'm not going to change your mind so have a good one. Just remember even with that attitude and your hate for us us in Fire and our brother and sisters in blue will be there if you call. Have a good one. 

2 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Ah your one of those the man is keeping me down. Who said I've ever used anyone to get out of anything.  I don't speed I follow the law. I don't smoke a plant again against the law. And it makes you stupid and lazy. See it's not hard. Don't want to deal with them well don't break the law. My 8 year old understands that. People are here today because my brothers have put themselves between people and danger. Can you say the same?  And I promise you they dont do it for the pay or to get out of tickets. BTW pension isn't great. They do it because it is a calling. A desire to do good. But I'm not going to change your mind so have a good one. Just remember even with that attitude and your hate for us us in Fire and our brother and sisters in blue will be there if you call. Have a good one. 

Which ones will show up?

In 2017 1200 citizens were killed by police

That's 100 month

Roughly 3 per day

In 3 years at that rate that is a higher death toll than the twin towers on 9/11

Just look up the sub reddit "bad cop, no donut" for a your DAILY list of atrocities conducted by law enforcement throughout the country. 

"Don't break the law" 

Cute

But we as a nation of citizens are trying and successfully CHANGING the law, because there is no harm in it (even my children know that)

But I listed those who actually OPPOSE THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE to protect their profits. 

Police unions being one of the top 5, amongst prison guards and private prisons. 

If you regard yourself as such a hero, stop standing in the way of those who are trying to make positive changes in what is admittedly WRONG! AND set your personal bias aside. 

Ask your family how the inner workings of the "good guys" law enforcement agencies divert resources AWAY from actual dangerous crime and into minor drug enforcement, simply for profit and to justify budget hikes based on falsely bloated crime stats. 

They don't even try to hide it!

They literally target users with minor possesions and avoid dealers because it's more lucrative. 

They do real estate assessments prior to raids to asses asset value for auction and profit. 

I have 8 seperate former co workers who now work for local law enforcement. They were far from special at their old job and they joke about how unspecial they are now. They try to recruit me weekly and thhhge Police are always hiring in my area. 

If I take a job to place my life on the line, I will. Since it is what I described, I DONT!

And DONT pretend for a second that your brother's never pulled a favor for your family when they blatantly broke the law.

Nobody is that naive

AND ANOTHER THING, I am not down, nobody is keeping me anything

Your family members are actively engaged in systematically oppressing, and persecuting, civilians of the USA for profit. Despite the will of the people, and despite the good they may do.

You are actively against proactive solutions for he betterment of this situation.

End of story. 

I see USCG-green is trolling elsewhere throughout the EMB about politics.

Hey @Moderator12 @Moderator5 - y'all banned me for far less than this dope... time to clean out the trash don't ya think?